Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Another teething post! (Hates cold things in her mouth) =(

My LO HATES cold things in her mouth while we're going through this teething stage.  Hates teething toys, washclothes in the freezer, anything cold.  She would rather chew on a soft book or her bib... we've tried the Hylands Teething tablets and 1 worked great the first day, but yesterday I gave it to her when she was already upset and she was arching her back and straightening her legs like her tummy was hurting.  I'm unclear if this happen before I gave her the tablet or not... it was a rough night =( 

Anyone have any other ideas for teething?  And has anyone had teething tablets upset baby's tummy?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another teething post! (Hates cold things in her mouth) =(

• My DS will only chew on my finger - occasionally I can get him to chew on a soothie pacifier, but even that is hit or miss.  My daughter was an early teether (had 4 teeth around 4/5 mos.) and she refused to chew on anything, wouldn't like anything in her mouth so we just had to suffer through. 

We used the teething tablets once with her and they really weren't effective so we never used them again, plus I guess I'm not too keen with putting something into her that really hasn't been tested or anything - just my opinion though.

• My DD seemed to like a warm washcloth to suck on. She didn't mind cold things but as a last resource one afternoon that was what soothed her.
  • Loading the player...
  • I thought I was in alone with no cold things. My son is going through the teething early and he hates anything cold in his mouth. Wash cloth trick didn't work for warm cold nothing hated it. we been suffering through with our fingers and him eating his fist. good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just ordered a Baltic amber teething necklace from etsy.com if you get one be certain it is real amber and take it off for sleeping. I'm still waiting for it so I can't say wether it works or not. Gl!
  • My LO is the same way. I got orajel naturals (no benzocaine) and when the hyland teething tablets don't work that always does the trick. Other than that sophie and are fingers were really the only thing she would put into her mouth and be happy. In the last few weeks she started to also like the Life Factory Multi-Sensory Silicone Teether.

edit: Oh, also as pp stated the soothie pacifier is something she will grab and chew on. She sucks her thumb but my parents bought one because when she takes a bottle while I am at work she will chew on the nipple. We put it in the 'fridge and it doesn't get to cold and seems to work okay for a bit. 

You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • imagevaohara:
    I just ordered a Baltic amber teething necklace from etsy.com if you get one be certain it is real amber and take it off for sleeping. I'm still waiting for it so I can't say wether it works or not. Gl!

I found one on amazon for $20 and I swear it works!  You'll have to report back because I'm curious to know other peoples experience with it. DD cut 2 teeth on the 22nd and is still chewing on everything but she's not super crabby or really freaking out.  She has been wearing it for only 3 weeks and she seems to have improved since then.  :)

I read a blog and that's where I first heard of it. 

• imagelaurie99qtpie:

imagevaohara:
    I just ordered a Baltic amber teething necklace from etsy.com if you get one be certain it is real amber and take it off for sleeping. I'm still waiting for it so I can't say wether it works or not. Gl!

I found one on amazon for $20 and I swear it works!  You'll have to report back because I'm curious to know other peoples experience with it. DD cut 2 teeth on the 22nd and is still chewing on everything but she's not super crabby or really freaking out.  She has been wearing it for only 3 weeks and she seems to have improved since then.  :)

What is about the "amber" in the necklace that help with teething pain? 

To a PP:  I never thought about not putting the teething toys in the freezer.  I might try that.  And she wont take a paci, she's not fond of them.  BUt the poor kid can't always find her thumb to suck on either then she just gets frustrated.  I feel so sorry for her!  =(

I read a blog and that's where I first heard of it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"