Baby Names

w d y t?

Ok so I know most of you will not like the name choice too much but it's the only name that SO & I agree on. The name we have chosen for our March baby girl is Emma. Well for the last couple of weeks I have been double thinking it bc we are using the middle name Rose which is one syllable & our last name is one syllable, therefore meaning her whole name consists of only one syllable words. Well SO really wants to use Emmalynn (spelled just that way) bc he says the longer first name will sound better with the shorter middle & last name. Is he right or should we just stick with Emma Rose W? 

tia! 

CafeMom Tickers

a mother always has to think twice, once for herself & once for her child... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: w d y t?

• I like Emma and Emmalynn.  I wouldnt worry about how it sounds with the middle name unless you are going to use it all the time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Love Emma, so so much.

I'm not a fan of the spelling Emmalyn (I much prefer Emmeline) but Emmalyn Rose sounds very nice.

Because I don't like the spelling of Emmalyn, my vote goes to Emma Rose.  There's something to be said for short, classic names.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejcbs mmy:

Ok so I know most of you will not like the name choice too much but it's the only name that SO & I agree on. The name we have chosen for our March baby girl is Emma. Well for the last couple of weeks I have been double thinking it bc we are using the middle name Rose which is one syllable & our last name is one syllable, therefore meaning her whole name consists of only one syllable words. Well SO really wants to use Emmalynn (spelled just that way) bc he says the longer first name will sound better with the shorter middle & last name. Is he right or should we just stick with Emma Rose W? 

tia! 

You can rest easy now... Emma is TWO syllables!!

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Stick with Emma.

1) -Lyn names are very trendy right now.

2) The spelling with the double M's and double N's look all wrong

3) No one says both middle and first names together, except maybe once or twice in a lifetime - so flow is not important. 

4) Chances are you will shorten it to Emma anyway since you like that name. So just name her that.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • imageCiderWench:
    imagejcbs mmy:

tia! 

Didn't realize how I had worded that in there. I meant her middle name & last name being one syllable & her first name being the same number of letters. I should have made my words more clear. Sorry about that.

CafeMom Tickers

a mother always has to think twice, once for herself & once for her child... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagejcbs mmy:
    imageCiderWench:
    imagejcbs mmy:

tia! 

Didn't realize how I had worded that in there. I meant her middle name & last name being one syllable & her first name being the same number of letters. I should have made my words more clear. Sorry about that.

Is the last name Arlene (from your name badge?) because I say that's 2 syllables.  2-1-2 flows good!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I prefer Emma much more than Emmalynn. Emma is popular, but it is a classic and beautiful name. Emmalynn seems trendy and cutesy. If you are looking for longer names similar to Emma, how about Emmeline, Emilia, or Emily? 
  • imagecollegecouple:
    imagejcbs mmy:
    imageCiderWench:
    imagejcbs mmy:

tia! 

Is the last name Arlene (from your name badge?) because I say that's 2 syllables.  2-1-2 flows good!

Not the last name. Possibly a second middle name. SO wants Rose bc its someone who he is VERY close with that is fighting breast cancer & Arlene is my grandmother's name that I lost when I was little & she was the only one I had growing up.  

CafeMom Tickers

• I prefer Emma or Emily.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • I love Emma Rose.

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • I prefer just Emma.  Emma Rose sounds really nice.  Emmalynn I just don't get a nice flowing feel about.

• I think Emma Rose is really pretty. I prefer it over Emmalyn and I don't think Emma sounds too short with the MN, even with a shorter LN.

Keep Emma Yes

• I think Emma is lovely on its own. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • imagestrawberrytree:
    I think Emma is lovely on its own. 

• Emma is a beautiful name, please don't mess it up by adding Lyn to it.  Rarely in life will people say her first middle and last name together so it will sound just fine.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Emma is very nice.

I don't think it will be weird to have Emma Rose One syllable LastName.  And like PP mentioned rarely does anyone say someone's first middle & last name all together.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I like Emma Rose. I wouldn't worry about both names being short. I think it sounds pretty together. And you don't usually say both names very often.
    image image

• Emma is so much nicer than Emmalyn!
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like Emma Rose and think it flows nicely with a one syllable last name.  We did the same with our daughter -- 2-1-1 syllables.  I find I use her middle name a lot more than that of my son's who's name is 2-2-1 syllables.
  • I Love it! My niece's name is Emma, and she sure is a little spit-fire :) I can understand how you want to switch it up, I think it is perfect just how it is. But I also like Emmalynn :) Good luck and Congrats!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageamdjelly:
    Emma Rose sounds just fine, and I would stick with this unless you would be willing to spell Emmalynn as Emmeline.
    This.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"