1st Trimester
Options

baby moving

when will i feel the baby kick im 9 weeks pregnant?

Re: baby moving

• Options
    With my son I was about 16 weeks. And it felt like I got kicked in the bladder. it was a twinge and then later that week I felt flutters and about 1-2 weeks later DH could feel small movements.
    ~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • Options
    You got some time. Probably around 16 weeks you might feel something. But, not until about +20w will you really have movement that is noticable/consistent.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You may feel it earlier than others say.  I did with my first around 10 weeks, despite others saying it wasn't possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I felt the baby few weeks ago. I have heard it is different with every woman and every pregnancy. Trust in your intuition, no one can tell you different. Congrats :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMnNsAngel:
    I felt the baby few weeks ago. I have heard it is different with every woman and every pregnancy. Trust in your intuition, no one can tell you different. Congrats :)

You probably felt gas. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageChancieMark:

imageMnNsAngel:

Bullshlt.

Agreed.  Especially if this is baby #1.  It's just. not. possible. 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options

imageMnNsAngel:

No you didn't. 

Baby #2 on the way! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would recommend googling the weight of the baby at different points in your pregnancy. At nine weeks the baby weighs .07 oz. At 11 weeks it weighs one quarter of an oz. Now think about how much a leg would weigh at this point... and it's floating with nothing to push against. There just isn't enough oomph behind it to stimulate nerves in your uterus... (which respond to pressure, not surface level stimulation.) With my last pregnancy I thought  I might have felt movement at 14 weeks... Baby weighs about an oz and a half at that point. I still question that. :) By week 16 baby weighs about 3 and a half oz which starts to get closer to the range that you could reasonably expect to feel something if you knew what you were looking for.
  • Options
    With DD it was 13 weeks. People think I'm crazy..... it started out as flutters and just got stronger and strong until about 18 weeks when I was feeling full-on kicks. It really just depends on the woman. Most feel around 18-25 weeks. I was on the thin side, and they say it's sometimes easier to feel the baby earlier when you're thin.
  • Options

Sorry, you definitely didn't feel it yet.

Baby is WAY, WAY too small.

I felt DS for the first time at 17 weeks. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMnNsAngel:

Pregnancy FAIL!!! 

• Options
    imageChancieMark:
    imageLoisLane23:
    imagemrs.jenni:
    imageChancieMark:

imageMnNsAngel:

Bullshlt.

This. Take a dump, you won't feel the baby anymore.

::DEAD::

I agree it's bubble guts take a dump and all will be quite on the home front  

• Options
    I had an anterior placenta so it was closer to 19 weeks when I first felt DD.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    imagemrs.jenni:
    imageChancieMark:

imageMnNsAngel:

Bullshlt.

This! I felt my first around 22 weeks and my second at 21 weeks. I am thin so that has nothing to do with feeling the baby early. 

• Options
    Lurking. 9 weeks is highly unlikely. 11 weeks is just as unlikely.

However, I felt DD at 14 weeks. I didn't feel DS until about 20 week.
  • Options

I felt #1 at 16 weeks on the nose [kicks not flutters]

I felt #2 at 14w2d [again, kicks not flutters].

Every woman is different. Both times I felt mine I was lying down and not moving so it was very distinct. Excited to see when I feel #3 though!! 

2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • Options
    My most of you are a hormonal bunch today. Thank you for the words of wisdom. To each their own. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsSparklebottom:

imageMnNsAngel:
    My most of you are a hormonal bunch today. Thank you for the words of wisdom. To each their own. 

I love it when people play the effing hormone card. Come up with some new material. 

And at 9 weeks your baby weighs as much as a small paper clip. I've had turds bigger than that I didn't feel. 

Thank you for the laugh!!! :-) This entire thread cracks me up!!! :-) I'm at 8w2d and have not felt a darn thing.

BFP 12/28/2011! (My dad's birthday) ~Excited for baby #1~ 09/02/12 ~ Lukas Grady! 7 lbs., 15 oz., 21.5 inches long!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"