Babies: 3 - 6 Months

DD rolls to tummy then can't get back to back... anyone else?

Its like my Fiona has forgotten how to go belly to back now that she has started going back to belly. She rolls to her tummy, does some little push ups, then starts crying. She's been going belly to back since a week after 4 months and started going back to tummy about 2 weeks ago. I got so excited thinking she'd start rolling across the room soon but she's not, it's like she forgot how to roll from tummy to her back. Any one else's LO do this? Edit: corrected post title
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: DD rolls to tummy then can't get back to back... anyone else?

• Yup! DD had rolling both ways all figured out in October, and was pretty darn pleased with herself. Nowadays, she only rolls from back to belly, and once she's on her belly she'll either scoot about or just cry until someone comes to help her roll over again. I know she can do it herself, she just refuses!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same story here, he freaks out and I'm like dude...we covered this a while ago.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep. And as soon as I roll her off her tummy and onto her back, she looks at me and smiles, and rolls back to her tummy. STINKER.

Also, she only rolls to her left. Smile

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yep my little girl does the same thing! once she gets on her tummy she will look to see if I'm around, be ok for a few mins and then gets fussy and cries.
    kristie fields
  • Same here! DS started fussing this morning and when I went to check on him he was all the way on his tummy looking around like "Hey! Somebody help me here!"

He rolled from tummy to back like a champ for a while but hasn't done it at all lately. Seems like it might be a developmental thing since so many of us are experiencing it. 

• imagebundymommy:

Yep. And as soon as I roll her off her tummy and onto her back, she looks at me and smiles, and rolls back to her tummy. STINKER.

Jason only rolls to his left also, I wonder why that is.  

• imageCobra11:
    imagebundymommy:

Yep. And as soon as I roll her off her tummy and onto her back, she looks at me and smiles, and rolls back to her tummy. STINKER.

My daughter rolls only to her right.  My chiro has told me that a lot of babies favor one side or another, and that it would be really helpful to get her adjusted to balance that out.  For what it's worth, I was chatting with a guy in the waiting room at my last visit, and he mentioned that his newborn granddaughter was being adjusted and had quit favoring her right side, also seemed a lot happier and was moving better.  I haven't tried it yet, but am considering it.

And yes, my daughter also quit rolling tummy-to-back.  As soon as we lay her down on her back, she rolls to her tummy, then will try to roll back.  Can get about half way, the gives up and goes back on tummy.  She'll try a couple times, then look at us.  If we don't pick her up she'll try one more time, then put her head down on her hands.  It is so pathetic and cute all at the same time!! :)

• imageSandK042:
    imageCobra11:
    imagebundymommy:

My daughter rolls only to her right.  My chiro has told me that a lot of babies favor one side or another, and that it would be really helpful to get her adjusted to balance that out.  For what it's worth, I was chatting with a guy in the waiting room at my last visit, and he mentioned that his newborn granddaughter was being adjusted and had quit favoring her right side, also seemed a lot happier and was moving better.  I haven't tried it yet, but am considering it.

And yes, my daughter also quit rolling tummy-to-back.  As soon as we lay her down on her back, she rolls to her tummy, then will try to roll back.  Can get about half way, the gives up and goes back on tummy.  She'll try a couple times, then look at us.  If we don't pick her up she'll try one more time, then put her head down on her hands.  It is so pathetic and cute all at the same time!! :)

Oh, wow, I had no idea! I just thought it was some crazy baby thing. Smile I will have to consider this. Thanks for the info!

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"