Trying to Get Pregnant

Pregnant?

My last positive OPK was on January 24th, 2011. I had a period from taking prometrium from 01/09/12 to 01/13/12. I took a pregnancy test on 01/17/12. My question is, it is possible that I could be pregnant from my previous cycle? I would have been, (assuming that I DID ovulate) 24 dpo when I last took a test and got a BFN.

Re: Pregnant?

• Sorry- my last positive OPK was December 24th, 2011. 
  • I'm about 99.9999% sure that you would not be pregnant if you are 24dpo and getting a BFN.
    Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
    Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
    Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • If the pregnancy test was positive the you are pregnant. I would call your dr, I don't know what, if any risks there are from taking the prometrium.  

ETA: reading comp fail. Like pp said if you are on clomid you should not be relyin on OPKs to determine ovulation & your dr would have confirmed you weren't pg before prescribing prometrium. If the test was negative than you aren't pg

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You took Clomid, you shouldn't have to assume you ovulate - that should be confirmed via bloodwork and ultrasounds.   a BFN at 24dpo is a BFN. Why did you test 4 days after getting your period? 

Yup. This. Sorry OP. 

• imagetairairat:
    I would have to say no.

I would have to agree with this.

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • I didn't know if you could get a period after stopping prometrium and still possibly have conceived from the previous cycle.
  • I didn't know if there would be enough hcg then or not
  • imagemonichole09:
    I didn't know if you could get a period after stopping prometrium and still possibly have conceived from the previous cycle.

I sure hope you are MUD...

A simplified biology lesson: A period is caused by the shedding of the uterine lining.  The uterine lining is where the embryo attaches.  If you had your period (thus shedding your uterine lining) then you would have no where for an embryo to attach.  If an embryo had already attached (making you pregnant) and then had your period, the embryo would also have been shed with the uterine lining.

Pregnant women do not have periods.  They can have bleeding, but not periods.  If you had a period and also had a negative test, then you are not pregnant.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• imageGhostMonkey:

I pray that you are a troll and not really this stupid.

Then you better be praying really hard GM. The stupid is strong with this one. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAdam&Eve07:

The stupid is strong with this one. 

Best quote, ever. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagedawn2zzs:
    I'm about 99.9999% sure that you would not be pregnant if you are 24dpo and getting a BFN.

Yes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

• imageGhostMonkey:

I hate to say, based on her non-MUDdy (and non-educated) clomid questions from last month that this girl is legit and not a troll. But, she absolutely refuses to listen to anyone. 

• imageJBM1204:
    imageGhostMonkey:

I hate to say, based on her non-MUDdy (and non-educated) clomid questions from last month that this girl is legit and not a troll. But, she absolutely refuses to listen to anyone. 

Then why post if you are not going to listen to the advice you ask for? Is she an AW? I don't get it.

• So I'm just going to throw this out here. This is a board that people use for questions and support. Calling someone "stupid" is not helping anyone. She is asking a question. We are not fertility experts and if we knew everything, dont you think we would all be pregnant?
  • imageccf5144:
    So I'm just going to throw this out here. This is a board that people use for questions and support. Calling someone "stupid" is not helping anyone. She is asking a question. We are not fertility experts and if we knew everything, dont you think we would all be pregnant?

She has every right to come here and ask a question. We have the right to call that question and/or the poster stupid. That's the beauty of a public message board. 

• I can't see into your uterus, bro. But I'm guessing since you got a negative HPT and your period, that you aren't pregnant. Just kinda common sense...

• imageccf5144:
    So I'm just going to throw this out here. This is a board that people use for questions and support. Calling someone "stupid" is not helping anyone. She is asking a question. We are not fertility experts and if we knew everything, dont you think we would all be pregnant?

Yeah...no one has ever thrown that out there before. 

FWIW, I think I'm pretty darn knowledgeable on the topic of getting pregnant/fertility.  Expert level, no. But I know that if you TTC get your period then TTC again you wouldn't be pregnant from the month before.

• so because you are having bad day, you decide to make fun of someone? Seriously, be supportive or don't post. The board is not meant to be negative. 
  • imageccf5144:
    so because you are having bad day, you decide to make fun of someone? Seriously, be supportive or don't post. The board is not meant to be negative. 

Who said they were having a bad day?

Support isn't something you just get.  You earn it.  By giving it you get it. 

How do you know this board isn't meant to be negative?  Does it say that in a rule book somewhere?

• imageccf5144:
    so because you are having bad day, you decide to make fun of someone? Seriously, be supportive or don't post. The board is not meant to be negative. 

Then tell us oh wise one...what is this board supposed to be about? 

• imageslightlyslapdash:
    IMG tag fail. :(

What was it supposed to be of? 

• imageAdam&Eve07:

imageccf5144:

Then tell us oh wise one...what is this board supposed to be about? 

Duh, When someone asks if they could be pregnant eventhough they have had negative HPTs and gotten a period, you are supposed to reply "You are totes pregolicious!!1!!!1!!!!11"  That is the most supportive thing to do.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• I suggest buying a Basal Body Thermometer and recording daily morning temps via Fertility Friend online to confirm IF and WHEN you ovulate so you can be sure to BD during those fertile days. If your OPK was positive Dec 24th and you did ovulate, you would be getting a BFP right now if you were preg.
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • imageccf5144:

...no.  I don't think we would all be pregnant.  Being an expert in fertility does not magically make it possible for a person to conceive immediately, or for some to be able to conceive at all.

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imageccf5144:

See now, what you don't know with your join date of 3 days ago, is that this girl has come to this board and asked question after question (and yes, some of them were "stupid" because they were tied to fertility treatments that should have been answered by the doctor that was prescribing and theoretically monitoring her) and then REFUSED to listen to the advice and knowledge that was shared with her.

So, in my opinion, she doesn't actually want support and definitely doesn't want the (real) answers to her questions.

But, thank you for telling us how this board should run with your join date of 3 days ago. 

• I joined this site 3 days ago because I am TTC but also a nurse searching for support sites for our patients. You are complaining that she keeps posting "stupid" things. So why do you keep reading them? This is not high school.  I never said i agreed with what she posted, but as an MSN, I know that we do not know all of the side effects of the medicine she takes. Also, I had a 4 day "period" and found out 3 weeks later I was almost 7 weeks pregnant.
  • imageccf5144:
    I joined this site 3 days ago because I am TTC but also a nurse searching for support sites for our patients. You are complaining that she keeps posting "stupid" things. So why do you keep reading them? This is not high school.  I never said i agreed with what she posted, but as an MSN, I know that we do not know all of the side effects of the medicine she takes. Also, I had a 4 day "period" and found out 3 weeks later I was almost 7 weeks pregnant.

Then as a nurse you should know that you don't get a period or a "period" when you are pregnant.  You bleed for one reason or another, but you don't have a period.

I'm not a nurse and I know that.

• imageccf5144:
    I joined this site 3 days ago because I am TTC but also a nurse searching for support sites for our patients. You are complaining that she keeps posting "stupid" things. So why do you keep reading them? This is not high school.  I never said i agreed with what she posted, but as an MSN, I know that we do not know all of the side effects of the medicine she takes. Also, I had a 4 day "period" and found out 3 weeks later I was almost 7 weeks pregnant.

I can't speak for others but I know that I have read and responded to her previous posts in the hope that maybe she might actually take my advice and have herself monitored while taking Clomid to avoid any potentially dangerous side effects. 

No, we do not know all the s/e of a medicine, but we certainly know when there are some serious and dangerous s/e.  OP went into a medicated cycle blindly and she does not seem to want to know the truth about what she is dealing with. Nor has she educated herself. As a nurse, wouldn't you want your patients to be educated about their treatment?

No.  You are not pregnant. 

TTC #1 ♥ since 1/11 
    BFP #1 8/21/11 - EDD 5/1/12 - M/C 9/25/11 ♥ BFP #2 11/17/11 - EDD 8/1/12 - C/P 11/20/11
    DH (37) SA = mediocre  Me (31) Low AMH/DOR, Septate Uterus (repaired via Hysteroscopy)
    IUI 1-3 = 3 BFNs ♥ IVF 11/12 = BFFN :( ♥ IUI 4 + Injects 1/13 = BFN :(IUI 5 + Injects = cancelled due to cyst
    BFP #3 - 3/9/13 ♥ EDD 11/21/13 Break cycle miracle! ♥ Stick baby, stick!!  IT'S A GIRL!
    Caitlyn Emma born 11-6-13, 5lb 7.5oz, 18.5in

♥ Congrats BFPB HuskyMomma94, David arrived 4/26/12!  And #2 due 3/10/14! ♥
    ♥ Luck and love BFPB siple1am!! ♥

image image 
    image image image
    My Chart ♥ My Blog  Magic Love!!  ITFB Love!!
    ♥ Everyone Welcome 
  • imageGhostMonkey:

Yes 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"