Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Is there a sippy cup...

..that doesn't spill or leak if its tipped over?

DH wanted me to ask, ha!  Our son is in the habit of flipping his cup over and trying to shake out some of the milk.  We are trying to teach him how to keep it upright but he thinks its a fun game I guess.  

I'd love to hear some opinions, thanks!

Re: Is there a sippy cup...

• Playtex.  We use the insulated kind but the non-insluated ones have the same lid & rubber stopper thing too. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageEric&Abby:
    Playtex.  We use the insulated kind but the non-insluated ones have the same lid & rubber stopper thing too. 
    We have these and they leak all.the.time. Not out the part they suck out of , the tiny little whole on the lid. I hate them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageToBeClements:
    imageEric&Abby:
    Playtex.  We use the insulated kind but the non-insluated ones have the same lid & rubber stopper thing too. 
    We have these and they leak all.the.time. Not out the part they suck out of , the tiny little whole on the lid. I hate them.

Hmmmm, we use Playtex insulated cups too and they never ever leak, I wonder if you have something assembled wrong?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i use the cheapy Take 'n' Toss cups with my son and daycare kids.... the kids shake them around and drop them a lot and they don't really leak unless they get a chunk of food stuck in the top of them.... and it doesn't matter if they lose them because its like $3.00 for 5 of them.... they also have removable handles.... i love these cups!
    ~*Zoodle's Mommy*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My favorite are Playtex, but we also have some Nuk sippy's that don't leak too.  Take & Toss leaked alot for us, we started with them.

• I have had good luck with the Playtex soft spouts.  Great cups!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our Playtex ones leak as well, not sure why...they didn't used to, and they aren't that old???

DS loves the Nuk Gerber Graduates Hard Spout ones like these:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11180522&CAWELAID=831460432

They don't spill or leak and he thinks it's like a "big boy" cup. We only have 4 of these, but I'm thinking I'm throwing the playtex ones away and just getting a bunch of these.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We use munchkin sippy cups, but Z does the same thing as your LO.  He turns it upside down and smashes the sippy part so milk or water come out.  Then he smears it around with his hands.  When he does that I just take it away...he obviously isn't interested in drinking it anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • We use the Tommee Tippee Explora straw sippy cups. DD turns them upside down, drops them, shakes them and they've never leaked.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Ours leak too. I hate them! I've noticed that they leak as the milk or water starts to warm from fridge temp. Even if this is the cause, it's annoying. Think I'll try the tommee tippee like PP suggested.
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageshotzie:
    We use the Tommee Tippee Explora straw sippy cups. DD turns them upside down, drops them, shakes them and they've never leaked.

we use these as well as these other explora cups.  https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3918138

the straw ones are more leak proof, IMO.  the other ones work well, but if the parts arent pushed together completely, they will leak.  if assembled correctly, no problem... 

DS1 10/5/09 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have tried many cups and the only ones that haven't leaked for us are the Gerber Nuk. My kids throw them all the time and they never leak. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 008
  • imagesillypit:

imageToBeClements:
    imageEric&Abby:

Hmmmm, we use Playtex insulated cups too and they never ever leak, I wonder if you have something assembled wrong?

We use these too.  When they started leaking, we ordered replacement valves from diapers.com. 

• imagesillypit:

imageToBeClements:
    imageEric&Abby:

We use these too.  When they started leaking, we ordered replacement valves from diapers.com. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageZacksBride:

imageshotzie:
    We use the Tommee Tippee Explora straw sippy cups. DD turns them upside down, drops them, shakes them and they've never leaked.

we use these as well as these other explora cups.  https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3918138

the straw ones are more leak proof, IMO.  the other ones work well, but if the parts arent pushed together completely, they will leak.  if assembled correctly, no problem... 

I LOVE Tommee Tippee.  We used Playtex with DS1, and they were okay, but Tommee Tippee are so much better.  Besides the not-leaking, what I love is that it is easier for them to suck the liquid, less suction and jaw work.  I agree with PP that you just need to make sure the parts are assembled correctly.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagemrs.teacher_99:
    imagesillypit:

imageToBeClements:
    imageEric&Abby:

I have heard of people eventually having to order replacement valves but otherwise I've never heard anything negative about them.  The one time one of them leaked was because I had the valve backwards.  I hadn't realized yet that one end of the valve is larger than the other end. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks for all your recommendations.  I guess I'm off to BRU to buy a few varieties and do some experimenting!
  • We use Nuk and Dr. Browns and they work great.

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    DX PCOS
    Success with #1 after Femara + Trigger + IUI Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"