Natural Birth

Estimated weight of 8lb 15 and dr DOES NOT want to induce!

I just have to brag a bit.

I had a u/s today to see how big LO may be and it showed she's in the 92% with an estimated weight of 8lb 15oz.  My OB said she doesn't want to induce because if LO isn't ready it increases the need for a c/s.  I LOVE my OB!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Estimated weight of 8lb 15 and dr DOES NOT want to induce!

• That's awesome - go doctor! DD was 8lb, 15oz when I had her...it's a good weight! ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've been seeing her for the last 8 years and she's very laid back.  She hasn't questioned my desire for a NB once.  When I first mentioned it to her she flat out said that she's very hands off unless intevention is medically necessary.  Basically she's going to let me labor the way I want and then just be there to catch.  She even asked if my service dog was going to be at the delivery! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay!  My kind of doctor!
  • Awesome!
    Natural hospital birthing, babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, Baby Led Weaning, milk donating, extended breastfeeding, fully vaxing, extended rear facing SAHM to:
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • That is great! There needs to be more doctors like that around. I went to a practice that had 2 OBs and 5 MWs and the OBs were just as hands off as the MWs. I measured big my entire pregnancy and they never pressured me about it, in fact they told me not to worry and that my body most likely wouldn't grow a baby larger than my body could deliver. My LO was 9lbs 2.8oz.

• That's great! They really are not all terrible and intervention happy. My baby was estimated at 8 pounds 5 ounces at my 37 week ultrasound. No pressure for induction there either. I went into labor on my own 4 days before my due date and delivered a 9 pound 5 ounce little chunkster.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Same here! My lo is estimated to be 8lbs. 14 oz and that was 2 weeks ago.  I'm hoping to have a waterbirth so I was sooo relieved when my MW told me size is no reason to induce.  Thank god.  GL to you and your NB!
  • Awesome....our son was estimated to be around 8 lbs 9 oz...plus/minus a lb and was born 5 days post due date at 9 lbs 6 oz birthed naturally, no meds, in an hour, with a teeny tiny tear, 1 stitch...my OB never once said a thing about it or a c/s.  Love my OB too!
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"