July 2012 Moms

SO from Sushi post: Anyone else having "bad cravings"

Is anyone else craving foods that are major no-nos? My whole pregnancy, I've been craving salmon sashimi, and margaritas. I would kill for a giant serving of each right now!

So, ladies, tell me about your naughty cravings! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: SO from Sushi post: Anyone else having "bad cravings"

• I am always hungry for chipolte.
    BabyFruit Ticker Melissa&Kenny 10/21/06
  • Red, red wiiiiiiiine. 

Not really craving, but I miss it. I love my red wine.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • All I can say is YUM .. to everything you said. I have been thinking about sushi almost every day and definitely cocktails when I'm out visiting with my friends!
  • I agree...raw salmon is MUCH more appealing to me than cooked salmon.
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • imageMrs.vtjaime:

Red, red wiiiiiiiine. 

Not really craving, but I miss it. I love my red wine.  

Me too! .....and steak tartare would go down quite nicely with some red Smile 

I also miss sushi....

• I've been seriously wanting a sub sandwich with deli meat and sprouts, and a Manhattan.  My husband still drinks them once in a while, and I've caught myself almost having a sip when we're both reading something online.
  • I'm a blue-rare steak kind of girl, and having to BBQ to well done has been a BIG challenge.  At least the weather has been way too cold the last few weeks to fire up the grill...

• Definitely been craving salmon sashimi and white wine....also spiced rum and coke....haha oh well it's not forever and at least I can still enjoy many aspects of sushi that I love :)
  • Vodka Redbull and Malibu Pineapple drinks..,. sooo miss them Sad
  • I'm a bad person to open these posts. Because yeah, I crave good wine and sashimi, but I'm also still enjoying those things in very tiny amounts (well, the wine anyway...I'm not against eating a whole mess of sushi).

That said, I miss my martinis and there's nothing that can satisfy that craving. I bought some gin for my mom when she visited last weekend and it did make me a little sad, lol. 

• imagemissusbee:

I'm a bad person to open these posts. Because yeah, I crave good wine and sashimi, but I'm also still enjoying those things in very tiny amounts (well, the wine anyway...I'm not against eating a whole mess of sushi).

Yes

Our sushi joint only receives fish shipments on Fridays and Saturdays, so I have no choice but to restrict my consumption to one day a week.  Otherwise, I'd probably be grabbing dinner there multiple times a week.

One of my practicioners said studies are showing that eating seaweed (nori) helps offset the mercury in fish, making sushi not-so-bad during pregnancy, if it's the mercury that's concerning people.  The parasites are another story, but those are rare when you're talking about a regular slab of fish, not shellfish.

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • I keep saying as soon as I have this kid I want a big 'ole italian sub and some sushi...then a beer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mrs ojo, bummer about the shipments! I am so fortunate to live in a coastal area with a ready supply of fresh fish. Seafood in general is such a staple of our diet, sushi is a great treat especially now when I'm trying to be conscious of high nutrient, low calorie foods. Its so good for protein and omega 3s...I eat enough of it that my doc has me off a DHA supplement.

I've never heard that about nori! Interesting. I actually don't mind staying away from the big fish--tuna, mackerel, etc. I am very happy to eat off the low mercury list. Salmon's a favorite anyway Smile

• I rarely had alcohol before, but I've been seeing billboard signs for Chambord and Korbel champagne mixed together, and it looks delicious haha...I also had a couple bites of a hotdog yesterday and it was scrumptious!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yup. Rare steak and a glass of red wine.

Or

Ceviche and a Patron Silver margarita. 

• I want a beer SO bad.
  • I seem to always be craving medium rare steak and margaritas.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Wine! There's a local winery that makes amazing fruit wines and DH and I have quite a stash. I've been dying for a glass! Also, fruit juice with coconut rum... that would taste soooo good right now!
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • I only ever drank once or twice a month before, but I am missing the freedom to having margaritas and wine whenever I want.

I've been able to eat at my favorite deli because my favorite lunchmeat sandwich is always heated, so glad I don't have to do without that.

It kills me a little inside whenever I order a burger or steak medium instead of rare.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A Bacon Turkey Bravo from Panera Bread, and a strawberry margarita.  I told my husband that he has to bring me the sandwich when I am in the hospital.
    Shawnie Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker img_0006
  • Salmon sushi, steak/burgers cooked medium rare (and I live in Dallas so steak is everywhere!!), beer, getting a deli sandwich whenever I want.
    Anniversary Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"