August 2012 Moms

Ramzi Theory?

I never heard of this until someone mentioned it in the 12 week u/s gender post.  After looking it up, apparently it's based on the side of the uterus the placenta is implanted.  Left side = girl and right side = boy.  I also read that the transvaginal u/s would be the one to read and it would not need to be flipped, it would be left is left, right is right.

Anyone heard of this before or had it be right with their LO?  I find it so interesting. It might be fun to keep track of it on here and see what the rate of correct outcomes is.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ramzi Theory?

• imagestephaniemthomas:
    I haven't heard of it before, but it sounds interesting!  Do you think an u/s at 6 weeks would be okay to tell?  If so, looks like a boy which would make MH happy.  Big Smile  We'll see in a couple more months! 

Yup, I read the 1st u/s is the best since they're so tiny.

Ours is showing girl and it seemed right for my DS.  Big Smile

• I just emailed my friend who is an ultrasound tech and got this back from her. "I looked it up and I was getting the impression it's talking about implantation of the placenta. Which I see them all over the place for both genders. It's truly just wherever the placenta attaches. So probably like most other theories... it's just that!"

looks like we'll all just have to be patient!

• Loading the player...
  • imageLaurenRachel:

I just emailed my friend who is an ultrasound tech and got this back from her. "I looked it up and I was getting the impression it's talking about implantation of the placenta. Which I see them all over the place for both genders. It's truly just wherever the placenta attaches. So probably like most other theories... it's just that!"

looks like we'll all just have to be patient!

I figured but it was just such a fun concept.  :-)  That's awesome that you have a friend who is an u/s tech.

I can wait, 9 weeks is nothing.  haha  I just like all the guessing.  Thanks for sharing!

• I only heard of it afer someone posted on here but had so many questions after the fact.  I think you need to ask your u/s tech while they are doing it b/c they could flip the image and you wouldn't know.  I looked at both my u/s pics from 6 weeks and 7 w 3 d but just wasn't sure enough to make a guess at all!

• imagekob227:

I figured but it was just such a fun concept.  :-)  That's awesome that you have a friend who is an u/s tech.

Yep. She actually works at my Dr's office too! She told me I could come in at 14 weeks and we could just check then to see if she could see gender yet. :)

• I looked it up after reading it in that post too!  If it's correct, then this one looks like a girl, which would be wonderful!  I looked at DS's first u/s pic and it kind of looks like he implanted right in the middle, slightly to the left if anything.  So it's probably just like most of the other guessing theories, although according to what I read online it's something like 97% accurate.
  • I'm hoping it's wrong bc it indicates boy.  I've been feeling it was a girl since the beginning and all the other worthless gender prediction tests say girl so I guess we'll see.  I've got my NT scan next week so hopefully we'll get a preliminary guess before my anatomy scan in 6 weeks.
  • imageLaurenRachel:
    imagekob227:

Yep. She actually works at my Dr's office too! She told me I could come in at 14 weeks and we could just check then to see if she could see gender yet. :)

Lucky girl!

• I have heard of it and I told my OB about it at my 7 week ultrasound. He played along and my placental is fundal anterior and mostly left. So if its true, this is a girl. I started googling around some more about the physicians involved in the study and Dr. Ramzi might be a quack, not sure. The journal article was not actually published on anything except obgyn.net. Not exactly peer-reviewed.

Fun to play though! :)

TTC #3 since Feb 2014 DS 1: 2010 DS 2: 2012
  • imageufmelissa:
    I'm hoping it's wrong bc it indicates boy.  I've been feeling it was a girl since the beginning and all the other worthless gender prediction tests say girl so I guess we'll see.  I've got my NT scan next week so hopefully we'll get a preliminary guess before my anatomy scan in 6 weeks.

How wonderful.  

• Mine would indicate boy. We have our NT scan on Tuesday and I've heard it's easier to tell if it's a boy at that scan so we will see! I also only have RLP on my right side, don't know if that means anything. 
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • It also matters if it was a transvaginal or an abdominal ultrasound.  With the transvaginal ultrasound, if the baby is on the left, it's a girl, if it's on the right, it's a boy.  However, if it was an abdominal ultrasound, the image is flipped, so the reverse is true .  Therfore if your baby is on the right of the picture, it's actually on the left of the uterus so that means girl, and vice versa for boy.  Also your ultrasound needs to be from weeks 6-8.  I had an abdominal ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days.  In my pictures, the baby is on the right (but I would need to flip that because it was an abdominal ultrasound), so, if the theory is true, it would indicate that it's a girl.  I definitely hope so since I already have 2 boys!  Too bad I don't have early ultrasounds from them to compare!
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"