2nd Trimester

The Xbox must DIE!

Maybe it is hormones making me all angry and attention seeking, but if my DH spends another minute on this Xbox I am tossing it out a window.

A second story window.

*sigh*

Maybe I am just young and a complainer, but I feel the need for some attention. I keep going over to him and kissing and hugging and trying to get his attention but no dice. It has been a total of 6 hours and I want the Xbox to disappear.

Worse that he is totally uninterested in baby related stuff (the shower & such) but geesh to not even be interested in me when I am clearly trying to gain his attention.

Would it be totally horrible for me to mysteriously find the Xbox in a bathtub full of water? Am I being super clingy and annoying or am I right in thinking he needs to pay a little more attention to me?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The Xbox must DIE!

• Funny that you mention this right now...because as we speak my hubby is playing the most awful war game on his xbox! I feel the exact same way that you do...I know that I could just go to the other room...but since he is at work all day I want his attention! I think it is ok to be needy because you are making his child! I do everything you do...extra kisses and hugs...I have even flat out ask him to rub my back or feet...and same thing...he finds an excuse as to why he can't or how he forgot! We all deserve extra attention...I just don't know how to get it! :(
  • I say we get rid of the Xbox's. Mine works as well and then he gets home and he just showers and hops on the Xbox.

What is with the hubbies today geesh. If I find some amazing way to tear him away from the game screen and get some attention I will let you know ASAP, because this is driving me nuts.

If I have an unfortunate mishap with the Xbox I will also let you know. ;)

Don't be sad though, we are here to give you attention (if that helps :P)

• Loading the player...
  • DH and I have a deal, he can play his games of he does at least one house chore before and only when im not home. We are rarely home together and I feel that should be time for us. 

I hear u 100% I HAtE video games.  Unless I have a good book I just can't put down.... Or I need a nap... Lol then it's up to him what he does. 

• I am home a lot because I am doing my semester at school this year online. But he isn't always home.

You guys have a good system worked out though, hmm maybe I will try to work something out.

I feel selfish saying I want him to turn the game off but geesh I missed him all day I just want a little attention, a hug, maybe a cuddle, something.

I just want to be acknowledged and feel a little less ignored. :(

• Six hours straight? Tonight? Did he not have to go to work today?

My DH plays a lot of video games too, but he waits until the kids are asleep (around 7:30ish). I'm usually doing my own thing in the evenings and don't mind. If I'm not working (I work from home some nights) we'll sometimes watch tv together or something like that. 

Maybe it's different because you don't have kids yet (right?), but 6 hours straight on a weekday seems kind of excessive. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am loving this! haha Yes, I agree, if you figure out what works, PLEASE keep me posted! I am def feeling the chore thing! ha
  • Yes six hours straight today! It isn't an everyday thing and he did work today but I am growing increasingly aggravated by his time with his eyes glued to this TV screen.

I don't have any kids yet, but I was trying to just read and such but I really want some attention now. It's almost time for me to get some sleep and I am not even sure if I can get him to turn it off and cuddle up with me.

He is so unaware that he is sitting here in the same room while I plot to destroy his Xbox.

• Hehe Ali I will keep you posted, not only on chores but on best methods to break an Xbox *shifty eyes* haha.
  • imageDeAndraM01:

Yes six hours straight today! It isn't an everyday thing and he did work today but I am growing increasingly aggravated by his time with his eyes glued to this TV screen.

I don't have any kids yet, but I was trying to just read and such but I really want some attention now. It's almost time for me to get some sleep and I am not even sure if I can get him to turn it off and cuddle up with me.

He is so unaware that he is sitting here in the same room while I plot to destroy his Xbox.

lol, well I don't think you're being unreasonable, that's for sure. Maybe he realizes that this can't happen when the baby arrives and he's trying to get it all out of his system now. 

Whatever you do, don't actually destroy the xbox. You can stream netflix through it! When you have a toddler that will come in handy ;)

eta: Maybe just lose his hard drive for him. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We got rid of the Xbox after a few weeks of it getting all the attention 

Number 3 Here we come! BabyFruit Ticker
  • i guess it doesn't really bother me too much, sometimes i'll just sit next to him and read a book while he's playing, or our son will "play" the game with him (most times it's football) 

we'll still have our "alone" time at night in bed so for me it's not a big deal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRach03k:

lol, well I don't think you're being unreasonable, that's for sure. Maybe he realizes that this can't happen when the baby arrives and he's trying to get it all out of his system now. 

Whatever you do, don't actually destroy the xbox. You can stream netflix through it! When you have a toddler that will come in handy ;)

eta: Maybe just lose his hard drive for him. 

As long as I am not being unreasonable. And hmm, maybe.

It just struck me as so odd him doing this all day. And its not as if he is acting weird, he is just acting like he REALLY wants to play it. Blah, aggravation.

And hehe, not destroying the Xbox for my own benefits, it may live through the night.

And losing the hard drive, that IS a plan! *eyes Xbox shiftily*

• imagesoapymk:

We got rid of the Xbox after a few weeks of it getting all the attention 

I am 3 seconds away from doing the same thing.

imagemommy grams:

i guess it doesn't really bother me too much, sometimes i'll just sit next to him and read a book while he's playing, or our son will "play" the game with him (most times it's football) 

we'll still have our "alone" time at night in bed so for me it's not a big deal.

It doesn;t usually bug me to this extent, sometimes I even take the time to play with him. But my patience ran out 3 hours ago. And yea alone time in bed at night is nice, I get my time for all of that as well, but I want a bit of time right now.

Guess I am in a selfish mode tonight. :P

• imageDeAndraM01:

imagesoapymk:

We got rid of the Xbox after a few weeks of it getting all the attention 

I am 3 seconds away from doing the same thing.

imagemommy grams:

i guess it doesn't really bother me too much, sometimes i'll just sit next to him and read a book while he's playing, or our son will "play" the game with him (most times it's football) 

It doesn;t usually bug me to this extent, sometimes I even take the time to play with him. But my patience ran out 3 hours ago. And yea alone time in bed at night is nice, I get my time for all of that as well, but I want a bit of time right now.

Guess I am in a selfish mode tonight. :P

i probably should have included that i do get pissed off when i feel like i've cleaned the whole house while he's been playing the entire day...lol.

you're not being selfish, you just want some attention...nothing wrong with that!

• Haha I gave up dropping hints. I just called his name, and he looked at me and I bluntly said Hey! I want some attention.

He proceeded to profusely apologizing and said he is wrapping up his game now and says I will have his attention within the next 10 minutes.

He looks like he feels bad. Aww, now I kinda feel bad lol.

• Ever since DH & I got together, I have had to "compete" with his Xbox. And we've been together for 10 years!  It used to be A LOT worse when we didn't have a son, though...but yeah, it's still pretty bad!  He comes home from work, takes the dog out, plays with our son for a little while & then hops on his Xbox to play online with his friends for the majority of the evening.  I have threatened to do very violent things to his Xbox hehe. :) 

Like I said, it's not as bad as it used to be, but it can still be VERY aggravating!  

ETA: I think what does irritate me the most about his game playing, is his language & temper.  He gets SOOO mad when he loses & I REALLY don't want my son being around that! 

• Lol Bill Gates better watch out before he has a bunch of wives on his front lawn with destroyed Xbox's haha.

Threatening  the Xbox with violence does not seem uncommon. Aggravating, yes! Him finally saving the game, much better! ;)

• I think that, in general, wives overreact to their husbands playing XBox, Wii, Playstation, etc. Perhaps, in some cases, the playing is excessive, but in general it's a hobby and we all should have a hobby.

Learn some new hobbies of your own, talk about it and come to a compromise, whatever it takes. 

I think a lot of times pregnant women don't take into account that we are just as effing freaked out as our husbands. They just don't vocalize it as much as we do. 

My husband plays several hours of video games a day, but honesty I'm appreciative for the time to focus on my own interests. However, when I tell him I am feeling lonely he quits. Maybe this isn't the case with all husbands/significant others.

• imageali10:
    Funny that you mention this right now...because as we speak my hubby is playing the most awful war game on his xbox! (

Let me guess.... MW3??  hehehe

Can I say that maybe...just maybe...I might have some guilt for your man playing this?? Why...because I know the developers. I work with them. hahaha

So I am sorry!! 

But I feel ALL you ladies on this. My guys is more of a computer gamer...has been playing Civilization pretty much non stop ... blah! 

• Hi im Patti and my husband to is a gamer...lol. Generallly it doesn't bother me, he usually plays on the weekends or when im not home so I dont have to endure the game itself. Usually if he's playing and im home I keep myself busy with something else while he's playing. Sometimes he plays to long for my liking and I just straight up tell him, "seriously you've been playing for like 3 hours, come on save my sanity please" and he will usually get off no problem. Just talk to him and make him realize that 6 hours is a big excessive. That or cancel his "live" time Stick out tongue

• Oh man.  I LOVE our Xbox!  I am also thankful for it.  It allows me to have some much needed and much appreciated "me time" in my "mom cave" after LO goes to sleep.  Ours stays off during the week until our child is asleep for the night.  I love my husband and some nights we hang out together and watch a movie or play a game after LO is alseep, but often I want to just squander my time browsing the bump or pinterest, working on some mindless crafts, or watching an AMTM or Project Runway marathon that he isn't at all intersted in... and that sweet Xbox allows me to not feel bad about it AT ALL.  Love me some Xbox!  Maybe it's because I already have a child, but don't kill it.  You may feel differently one of these days.  Embrace the Xbox, ladies... find something that you like to do.
  • If you touch my Xbox, we would have *serious* issues! Seriously, though, ladies, I totally get your frustration, but it sounds like all you need is some open, honest, constructive discussion. DH and I are both gamers (and we both work in the game industry), so it may be a bit different for us in terms of tolerance, but before either one of us settles down for gaming time, we talk about what needs to be done around the house, with DD, etc. (We also talk about whether we're in a really intense part of the game, which does mean the urge to play is strong!). Like PP did when she flat-out told her husband she wanted attention, just be honest (blunt! specific!) about what you need and want. Most guys really do care and love you, and if they feel like you respect and support them and their hobbies, especially without judgement, they'll make sure you get your time too. And hey, if you can't beat them, join them! Gaming is awesome. :)
  • My DH and I have had all out fights over this and he has been a lot better. He isn't an xbox guy, but plays computer games. He plays a lot right now, but also works long hours and deserves his "me" time just like any one else does. On his days off we spend the majority of our time together, and other nights we will have a movie night or whatever. I don't need hours of attention from him every night. We talk while he is playing, and get enough interaction then most of the time. So while it's not a huge deal to me now I understand. 6 hours with no attention to you is excessive, but also think about the days he does spend with you and how long you spend together. Does it balance out? If so cut him some slack some days. 
  • Hmm...this thread is really interesting. My husband is a pretty big gamer (Hello Skyrim!) but the nice thing for us is that we kind of have different sleep schedules and that works for us. So I will go to bed about 9pm/10pm and he goes to bed about 12pm/1am so that's when he plays Xbox. Works really well for us.

I will say that from the time I get home from work until the time I go to bed he is very attentive and makes sure to spend all of that time with me. It's nice because I have my me time in the mornings on the weekends and he has his me time at night after I go to bed.

Obviously my situation won't work for everyone but maybe you could make some kind of deal where you acknowledge that he needs time to himself but you agree (hopefully) that spending time together is important too. I think so long as he knows that you respect his me time if you work out some kind of arrangement then he might be able to meet your needs better.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH is the same way! I just ignore it now. Hell, sometimes I help him with his games on by searching the web. Men are just weird.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • After last night I just asked for the attention and got it. He is off work today to come to the doctor with me and he is playing now but I got and played with him for about 2 hours so it isn't so bad.

It is funny to see so many people who feel the way I do, and also great to have other opinions of how I should handle the situation, thanks ladies! :)

• I. HATE. THAT. FREAKIN. THING..... and if he doesnt get over this stupid fetish soon... im about to go call of duty on his a$$!!! then well see has the last laugh... Grown men and their video games... i dont get it... probably never will

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"