3rd Trimester

Anyone else in their last couple weeks before due date?

This is my first pregnancy and I have a little less than 2 weeks before my due date. I could have sworn my entire pregnancy was very easy - and then my thinking caught up with me and it has definitely been a difficult month. One good thing I suppose - prior to this month, I was very scared of labor. Now I'm feeling more like "Bring it on and get baby out!" Maybe it's my body's way of preparing my mind for the pain. 

Does everyone start to feel like complete crap around month 9? What's your favorite way of chilling out when your body is in constant cramp-mode? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone else in their last couple weeks before due date?

• Honestly, my pregnancy was horrible until about a week ago. Sure, it hurts to walk and I feel like a whale, but with 3 weeks left until EDD, I'm no longer suffering from heartburn, insomnia, even my contractions have eased off (which SUCKS!).

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
  • I have 16 days left until my EDD, and I didn't really start feeling crappy until right after Christmas. I seriously never thought this month would come! I just can't get enough sleep. I'm scared of labor, but I know it will be worth it. I try to relax by laying in a quiet room and stretching out on my bed. I hate to say it, but I hate sharing a bed with DH anymore! Good luck :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • ::sigh:: I  wish,  I'm so over this.
  • imagenovasouthanblond:
    Honestly, my pregnancy was horrible until about a week ago. Sure, it hurts to walk and I feel like a whale, but with 3 weeks left until EDD, I'm no longer suffering from heartburn, insomnia, even my contractions have eased off (which SUCKS!).

That's no fun at all, I feel for you and I'm sorry to hear it has been tough so far. I bet you are so excited to be so close to your due date!  Good luck with everything!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm definately in that place, but I've had a couple of days of crampiness that went away by the next day.  I'm definately ready for my outside baby.  At least if I go into labor I can know for sure that he's coming soon instead of playing this guessing game for weeks on end.  Knowing my luck though, I'll go overdue.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • I'm not scared of labor at all.  I just hope I don't tear as much as last time...ouch! Just looking forward to having the baby out!!! I have had so much back pain, pressure, and sciatica this pregnancy.  It will be great to not hurt again!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebbpb112:
    I have 16 days left until my EDD, and I didn't really start feeling crappy until right after Christmas. I seriously never thought this month would come! I just can't get enough sleep. I'm scared of labor, but I know it will be worth it. I try to relax by laying in a quiet room and stretching out on my bed. I hate to say it, but I hate sharing a bed with DH anymore! Good luck :)

It's sort of amazing how quickly the entire pregnancy passes by once you finally get to this point isn't it? ...and how long these last few moments are!  

Good luck with everything too! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageIvana.Stolichnaya:
    ::sigh:: I  wish,  I'm so over this.

I know, once you reach about week 30, every day seems like a year!  You'll be there soon <3 Good luck! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagenamara5532:
    I'm definately in that place, but I've had a couple of days of crampiness that went away by the next day.  I'm definately ready for my outside baby.  At least if I go into labor I can know for sure that he's coming soon instead of playing this guessing game for weeks on end.  Knowing my luck though, I'll go overdue.

Hopefully not! <3 The waiting game is no fun - like I said, it's actually helped me to embrace labor :) Soon enough!

imagelisa9926:
    I'm not scared of labor at all.  I just hope I don't tear as much as last time...ouch! Just looking forward to having the baby out!!! I have had so much back pain, pressure, and sciatica this pregnancy.  It will be great to not hurt again!!! 

It's nice to hear someone not afraid of labor. Part of the reason I got so afraid, was because every other story someone shared with me was some really crazy experience. I realize it will be painful, but I just wish some didn't hype it up quite so much. Anyways, I'm with you on looking forward to having baby out! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's been an easy preganancy for me with no complaints. However, this last month has been full of aches, pains, and crampiness. I'm so ready! Only 16 days left!   =)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• I'm so cranky I can hardly function...I think from having the date circled on my calendar for so long and then now not knowing when its actually going to happen just makes me want to go nutso.  At least I know that I'm looking at 3 weeks TOPS but that still isn't comforting enough right now!

• 10 days to go here and I'm uncomfortable most of the time. I'm soo ready to have this baby!

I find taking a bath then slathering myself with lotion helps. I have to shave everyday or my legs itch and bother me. I also suddenly have to have claen sheets all the time- is anyone else like this? 3 days and I feel like they have to be changed. I used to change them once a week.  My jolly jumper nursing pillow is a life saver when trying to get comfy to fall asleep or even getting comfy on the couch. Plus I live in sweatpants these days which is so unlike me. jeans just drive me nuts at this point.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with you on the extra clean sheets! I thought I was going a bit crazy, I suddenly have this urge to steam clean the carpets too!

I'm also in the sweatpants club; despite the oath I swore to live by.... Just a few more weeks for me! 

• imagesararose84:

It's sort of amazing how quickly the entire pregnancy passes by once you finally get to this point isn't it? ...and how long these last few moments are!  

Haha, this is exactly how I'm feeling! Hopefully things'll keep moving along as we get closer, too. :)

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yeah, I'm due in a week, and the last two weeks have been...interesting...definitely in a lot of pain that came out of nowhere. So glad I was able to stop work when I did (perfect timing, actually...right before these problems hit)
    TTC #1 for one year with annovulation....
    Clomid Cycle #1: 50mg = BFP
    =Beautiful baby girl born May 23, 2009
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    TTC#2: BFP Cycle #1, no fertility meds!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am due 2/2 also! I keep thinking 2 weeks and 2 days left. Seeing 16 days gets me excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"