2nd Trimester

Dresses for plus-sized mommas?!

Hello ladies!!

My brother-in-law is getting married 20 days before I have my sweet baby boy.....Besides contacting the nearest camping store and getting a tent fitted to my body, I am at a loss for finding a dress! the wedding is in the beginning of June, in New England. It could be 40 degrees or it could be 80! The weather is crazy that time of year. Ideally, I would like something long, flowy, and above all...comfortable.

I have looked at Motherhood maternity...apparently, their company thinks plus size ladies don't get dressed up, while pregnant!

HELP!! I don't want to go to this wedding in the first place, so this is DEF. not helping the situation!!

TIA!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dresses for plus-sized mommas?!

• sorry....the beginning of May, not June!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am not a plus size but have you checked Lane Bryant? They might have some options that could be tailored to your specific need.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • If you were around an 18-20 (maybe even 22) pre-pregnancy, you can probably wear the XXL from Gap and Old Navy.  I think a lot of their maternity stuff runs big.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • https://www.onestopplus.com/default.aspx

That is a good go to website for all plus size brands. I really like:

Both of these brands carry lovely dresses. Good luck!

image image image
    BFP 10/31/11 EDD 7/15/12 pPROM 2/25/12
    "How very softly you tiptoed into our world. Almost silently; Only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts."
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I would check out Liz Lange- the target maternity brand and also JC Penny's has plus size maternity too.
  • Boden maternity goes to size 18.  Not sure if that would work for you. They have a few dresses that are different from the stuff you normally see.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sister in law was super pregnant at my wedding... I think she was about 35 weeks.  And she actually found her dress at Dressbarn.  It wasn't a maternity style dress, but fit her very well and looked great.  (BTW-She is a bigger mama about 250lbs)  
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you give it a little time you might find more. I've been shopping for just regular clothes and noticed spring things are not quite out yet. Not sure what size you are but I'm about an 18-20 and have found luck with Target, Old Navy and Gap. My Baby Bargains book reccommends babybecoming.com, jcpenny.com, momshop.com, maternitymom.com, expressiva.com and plusmaternity.com. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • There's this brand that my mother in law uses and it's called Woman Within and they make some really nice simple dresses that are plus size. I would just pay attention to the measurements because I went down a size in pre-pregnancy clothing with them. They're similar to Romans if you've ever bought anything from them. If you're looking for a deal check out ebay. I found a lot of nice dresses on there that are not too over the top. Even if you can do a 2 piece and camoflouge the belly a bit with a full skirt in a medium knit with a nice blouse to cover the top. Good Luck!
  • Thank you all for the suggestions!! Some of these websites are new to me! I hate to spend a ton of $$ on a dress that I will wear once...37 weeks pregnant, as if I even feel like it! LOL!

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"