September 2011 Moms
Options

I hate my baby moniter...

So I purchased a low end baby moniter (Summer Infant dual something or other from Buy Buy Baby) and the thing is junk. One handheld unit wont charge, and the other makes angry noises through the night for no reason.

I need something super basic...we live in a townhome & DD room is across the hall from ours. If I open both doors I can see right into her room from my bed (not the crib though).

Any suggestions?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I hate my baby moniter...

• Options
    We have the Sony BabyCall monitor and really like it.  About $40 from Target and BRU.
  • Options

imageSandK042:
    We have the Sony BabyCall monitor and really like it.  About $40 from Target and BRU.

Ditto this.  It's been great for us.  Sometimes a little interference when you set the receiver down too close to a phone or alarm clock or anything else electronic, but moving it an inch or so always fixes it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Contact the Company and complain about it. We had to do that with our Graco monitor. We actually bought two thinking the first one was just defective....but we liked the concept of it (the reason we bought the second one) and it didnt work either. Toys R Us wouldnt take them back so I contacted Graco. We received a shipping label in the mail within 5 days and a full refund check within 10 days of mailing the products back. Worth a shot. We now have a Sony something and it seems to work pretty good.
  • Options
    sony babycall.
  • Options
    Another Sony Babycall user here! 
  • Options
    Return it. BBB has a great return policy. Even without the box. 
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We got a cheap, basic one from Ikea for $20. We also have a video Summer Infant one that we got for $100, but we use the Ikea one for traveling and for when she naps in our basement. In some ways the Ikea one is better than the video one.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Is it just a regular monitor, or a video monitor? If it's not a video monitor and your rooms are that close, you might be able to get away with just leaving both your doors open. If she needs you, you'll know it. We're on opposite sides of the house, but honestly when he cries at night, I'd hear it even if we didn't have the monitor. I just like the video! GL :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"