March 2012 Moms

Positivity Post: Accomplishment of the day

Does anyone else feel like their "to do before baby" list is getting longer, not shorter? Please say it isn't just me. 

That said, I do finally feel like I am making some headway in getting things accomplished, and it seems like a lot of you on here are rocking at getting nurseries set up! What accomplishment are you the most proud of today?

I'm proud that I am finally going through those last few boxes of junk from when we moved here over a year ago. Procrastination, thy name is Mincks. Better late than never! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Positivity Post: Accomplishment of the day

• So far today, I have done 2 loads of laundry with baby clothes, towels, and washcloths.  I've folded them and put them away.  And all before 10am! :)

I feel like my to-do list is getting shorter, but I have a feeling that it will get longer again over the next 2 months.  I will most definitely think of things to do along the way.  One big thing that I still need to do is go on a hospital tour, so I feel a bit behind in that regard.

imageimage
    Welcome to the world, Baby W: born on 3/8/12 @ 3:49pm - 8lb 11 oz, 22 in. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm proud I made it through baby shower weekend and got everyone dropped off at the airport.  It was a great time but a whole weekend with that much family and me being center of attention (I'm not good at it!) was exhausting.  So yeah, I'm definitely glad to have made it through and still love everyone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm such a bad procrastinator when it comes to stuff like that too, Mincksy. There is just one more box that I have to go through in her closet and then I can finally get everything organized in there. Good luck with it!

I designed her birth announcements on Friday and on Saturday I made an outfit for her to wear in her newborn pics!

Her annoucements (obviously the photo will go in the white space...her pictures are being taken by a photographer friend of mine):

And her tutu and headband! (It was my first attempt at a tutu and I am so happy with how it came out!) The tulle is mint green, chocolate brown, and white:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We moved all the boxes out of baby boy's room (we only moved here 4 months ago but it was easier to shut the door and pretend they didn't exist) and then I kicked SD's toys out of there and then I let my honey clean the floor.  I'm excited-- now he just needs furniture and decorations for his walls and bedding and everything else!  8 more weeks (:
  • Salt, I LOVE the tutu and headband! So cute!

I am on bed rest, so I feel like I get very little done these days.  DH picked up all the furniture for LO's room, so that was a big accomplishment this weekend. (Now he just has to put it together) I also learned how to crochet baby booties and have made a couple pairs for our little girl and have been cranking some out for friends who are expecting, with matching headbands for the girls.  

• Ugh. Depends on the day.

For necessities, we've just got the carseat left on the list and a stroller. Next weekend a friend is giving us a bouncer and swing along with a ton of clothes. I've got at least 3 weeks worth of newborn diapers (all different brands... plus I've got more friends who are pregnant and due later this year so I can give stuff to them if they don't work) and a variety of size 1 diapers. And wipes. And bottles and formula.

Now for the optional stuff: nursery art needs to be ordered and framed and the fabric for curtains is coming on Thursday so I can finish that. I just have to buy black out fabric. 

Phew... We do need to finish remodeling the basement at some point before this baby comes too but we shall see if that happens... LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Salt, you did a great job on the announcements and the tutu!

I WILL be able to say that wall decals will be done by the end of today. I also will be able to say that the to do list will be longer as I add to it throughout the day! I love having an extra day off for the holiday, but it makes me realize that I need a 3 day weekend every week to get everything done!

• Big Smile
    imageMrsMincks:

Does anyone else feel like their "to do before baby" list is getting longer, not shorter? Please say it isn't just me. 

That said, I do finally feel like I am making some headway in getting things accomplished, and it seems like a lot of you on here are rocking at getting nurseries set up! What accomplishment are you the most proud of today?

I'm proud that I am finally going through those last few boxes of junk from when we moved here over a year ago. Procrastination, thy name is Mincks. Better late than never! 

My list is totally getting longer! LOL>...but on a totally positive note...I am using the stencils I got for Christmas!! https://www.cuttingedgestencils.com/damask-stencil.html?category_id=1015 

Started paint my dining room with this!! SO excited because I have been wanting to do this since we moved in a year ago! PLUS HUSBAND actually worked on Babies bedroom!! He painted Venitian Paint on the walls.  SO Mincks...keep up the motivation cause I need it :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Mine is not baby related but: 

My accomplishment is not throwing the youngest cat out of the window this morning. He keeps getting into the butter, knocking shiit off the counters (ON PURPOSE), beating up the older cats, jumping on me, getting into the trash... GAH. So, yeah. I feel pretty good that I haven't throttled him.  

I used to be "Chasingthedog" but it would never let me update my profile.
    The Sheepdog | My sorry looking chart
  • Yesterday we got a lot done on the nursery actually.  All that is left to do is hang the curtains, which I need to iron, and hang the light fixture, which we have to remember to attempt while it is still light out (which is hard because we are never home them!)

My accomplishment for today is that I got a year older.  Wheeee!  I guess.  Not a really "big"  birthday.  But My husband said he is making me some special dinner tonight. 

• BGoBGo member

Mine is getting through all of the January reporting for my company's environmental permits so that I can start on the stuff due in March that I have to do ahead of time so that I can do the reporting for April, May, and June before my March 6th due date. I have put my DH on nursery duty because I have to work 6-day weeks to get all this crap done. But January is DONE and will be in the mail tomorrow! YAY!

Happy Birthday lulling!

• Our nursery is still being emptied, so that has to be finished before we can touch up the paint, get carpet installed, move the crib in, and put together the toddler bed for our older son.  It's mostly down to hubby's teaching and college stuff, so I have to let him sort it himself.

But, I did finish this today!  I made one for our LO and a friend who is due 4 days before me.  Just have to wait until the LOs make their arrivals to be able to circle the birth date with red fabric marker!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Well, I just got up :(  (DID NOT sleep well last night), so I don't have any for today, BUT, I'm planning on getting 2 major ones done: my Thank You cards for the baby shower(s), and calling the pediatrician we picked.

Other than that, I promised DH I would fold all the laundry and unload the dishwasher, but my current state of nausea will have to let up for that to happen...

Married: 10.28.2004 BFP 1: 2006, m/c 5 weeks BFP 2: 2008, m/c 10 weeks BFP 3: 2009, m/c 6 weeks BFP 4: July 15, 2011 Welcome Parker! Feb. 19, 2012 image
  • My goal for today is to get the Christmas stuff down in the house.  I have it almost all down, just need DH to get home from work to carry the boxes back upstairs and put in the attic.  I didn't think I'd get it done, but I think I will. Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"