1st Trimester

Pregnant - And Havn't told anyone!

Hi -  I Am 38 And Been Off the Pill for 14 Months  ( After being on it 15 Years)- After Tracking my Ovulation Schedule for months - And it being Inconsistent: 23 Days to 27 Days and having lighter Periods I pretty Much Gave up on the thoughts of Having a Child.   Well Surprize.. After " My Friend" Didn't show up last week when Predicted and after 2 weeks of my Boobs Hurting - ( Which isn't to Abnormal before my Period Coming) I took a Pregnancy test and it Said " PREGNANT "...OH MY" it was Possible!  I am Still Trying to Digest the hole thing - specially After convincing myself of a life without children, I am Excited for my First Child, but at the same time I hope I can have enough Energy/Patience to raise one.  I have not told a sole yet, not even my Fiance. Sometimes I think Life has it's own Plans for you... Dec 17 After 13 Years together he  finally asked POPPED the Question, Were Finally Engaged!!  We also have been looking at houses since last year and currently have a house under agreement. Now PREGNANT, Wow I have a lot to Digest and with the whole house thing right now I can't even tell my Fiance I'm Prego Yet...  I leave for a Business trip Sat for a week and think I'll wait till I come back the 27th, by then I'll be like 6 Weeks - Is this Wrong?  I just want to tell someone!!!

Secret Prego! 

me: 39 DH 40 Trying to Conceive #1 Since Nov. 2010, BFP # 1 1/14/12 EDD 9/20/12 -M/C between 7-8 weeks - :( BFP # 2 10/9/12 EDD 6/16/12 - No Embryo Found 8 weeks 4 day U/S :( Waiting to Miscarry - 9 weeks today Will Try for one more BFP in 2013

Re: Pregnant - And Havn't told anyone!

• I personally couldn't keep it from my DH for so long and I really don't think you should.  What exactly is your reasoning for not telling him?  Did he not know you were trying?  Seems to me if you have been together that long, are finally engaged and buying a house it shouldn't come as a shock.  I say tell him now.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • First of all, congratulations! :) I do not think it is wrong to wait a little bit.  I just found out that I was pregnant on Saturday, and I do not plan on telling anyone in my family until after the first trimester.  The only one who knows is my husband as he was there with me when I took the test.  I am a very superstitious, paranoid person, so I am keeping this news top secret! I am sure it will be difficult for you to wait to tell your fiance`! If you feel like you cannot wait any longer, then go ahead and tell him.  However, if you decide to wait, I don't think that makes you a bad person either! Good luck in whatever decision you make!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I found out Dec 8 we were expecting (I was anxious and tested as early as I could). Originally I had these great plans of waiting until Christmas and telling DH christmas morning. Yeah not possible - I told him that night! It's nice to have that support unit along with you. 

Plus he may be a little upset you didn't share the news sooner - I would just be upfront and honest. You guys are clearly adults, in a long term, committed relationship, I don't see a reason for you not to tell him.  

• I Guess I just feel like it is SO Much Change happening so Fast - I mean not really after 13 Years - it's more like about time- but Since I leave for a Business trip for a week - I think I just rather wait till I return.  He nows I have been off the Pill for over a year... but Well Me Being personally Shocked that I actually got Pregnant, I guess part of me feels that I want to be further along, but it is very Hard to not share, as I am excited but scared... 13 years there hasn't been a lot of change between us, but it is all good :)
    me: 39 DH 40 Trying to Conceive #1 Since Nov. 2010, BFP # 1 1/14/12 EDD 9/20/12 -M/C between 7-8 weeks - :( BFP # 2 10/9/12 EDD 6/16/12 - No Embryo Found 8 weeks 4 day U/S :( Waiting to Miscarry - 9 weeks today Will Try for one more BFP in 2013
  • imageTrootie2012:

I can't even tell my Fiance I'm Prego Yet...  I leave for a Business trip Sat for a week and think I'll wait till I come back the 27th, by then I'll be like 6 Weeks - Is this Wrong?  I just want to tell someone!!!

Secret Prego! 

Huh?  If you want to tell someone, I'd say your fiance might be a wise first choice.  Why on earth would you keep it a secret from him for weeks?  That's bizarre. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I recently found out I was pregnant...which was a surprise!  Although I wanted to tell my husband right away I waited until I thought of a way to make it really special...I ended up telling him a week later.  He was excited and surprised, and in no way was he mad that I waited.  
  • Congrats on your 1st child, it has to be very exciting and shocking.I know it was for me (my 1st pregnancy). I am too like you, I have yet to tell anyone about my 2nd pregnancy, the only 2 people that know are my fiance' and my mother. But my fiance' was the 1st to know, I think you should tell him. Thats your soulmate, child's father, and soon to be husband. Just  tell him and I bet you feel a lot better..

• You Guys are Right I should Tell my Fiance - I was Waiting for a More Special Time - then telling him and leaving for business trip for a week.  It is making me have anxiety ( Air Feeling going thru my chest - the past 2 days). 

Just thinking of a creative way  I can do it...

• Congratulations on your engagement and pregnancy!!! I would go on the trip without telling your Fiance. while you are on your trip, get a little teddy bear or something to pop the news to him, and tell him you got him a souvenir from the trip. :) Good luck! No matter when you choose to tell him, do not be sad if he doesn't look to enthused, some guys (like my hubby) get totally freaked out even though they have been together for ages. be patient and enjoy the pregnancy!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers BabyName Ticker image
  • It sounds like everything is going well for you, so why not to tell him?
    I am 6 weeks today and the only person who knows is my husband. We are planning to announce after the 1st ultrasound. in my opinion he has to know, it will also make you feel so much better and so much more comfortable! good luck!

• Hi i have a question for those who got an epidural when i got my first epidural with my son the hospital didnt give me a cathater after i had my son and it took so long for the epidural to wear off and i think they should of given me one so i could use the bathroom did any one else who got an epidural get a cath??
  • imageks3pink:
    I personally couldn't keep it from my DH for so long and I really don't think you should.  What exactly is your reasoning for not telling him?  Did he not know you were trying?  Seems to me if you have been together that long, are finally engaged and buying a house it shouldn't come as a shock.  I say tell him now.

I agree with this 100%  I would tell your finanace- if no one else.  At least he has the right to know.  Its his life too.  

lolololo
  • imageproudmomoftwo:
    Hi i have a question for those who got an epidural when i got my first epidural with my son the hospital didnt give me a cathater after i had my son and it took so long for the epidural to wear off and i think they should of given me one so i could use the bathroom did any one else who got an epidural get a cath??

You might want to create your own poist - instead of the middle of this one- FYI 

lolololo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"