March 2012 Moms

Initials...posted on the BNB as well

So FI and I can not agree on a name for DS2 that we can agree on and we have about 8 weeks left. DS1 was so much easier I loved the name and FI loved it too (Evan Scott). FI is set on Justin Hood, Hood being a family name that I just can not bring myself to use at all and Justin is just NMS. I have really like the name Owen Michael, but my issue is that our last name starts with a G. Owen Michael G_____. OMG! The name Michael is after my father and I love the name Owen. Would that make me one of those crazies for giving my son those initials or not? If it does make me a crazy do you ladies have any suggetions??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Initials...posted on the BNB as well

• Thank you! I thought OMG was kinda funny and cute at the same time, but I told someone and they told me that I was crazy for giving my child those initals. We will not be sharing the name in real life until he is born so I just wanted to hear from atleast one person that I was not crazy for using those initals. LOL
  • HAHA that is awesome...ASS and SHT! Thank you, I totally feel better and now I can continue to work on FI and get him to love it too. (hopefully)
  • Loading the player...
  • BGoBGo member

Love the name; go with it! As someone who grew up with the initials BAG, I can tell you that OMG is not so bad as long as YOU as a parent don't make a big deal out of it.

My parents had a sense of humor and monogrammed my backpacks, laundry bags, etc...

Seriously, though, many people choose to omit their middle name entirely when initialing things. I made that choice myself, as I initial things quite frequently due to the nature of my career. But then I got married: BG WAS better than BAG, but my now initials are BM.

• I wouldn't worry about those initials at all. I think that's actually kinda funny. If you love the name, use it (and it's a really nice name too!) Just make sure your FI also loves it Wink
  • imageBGo:

Love the name; go with it! As someone who grew up with the initials BAG, I can tell you that OMG is not so bad as long as YOU as a parent don't make a big deal out of it.

My parents had a sense of humor and monogrammed my backpacks, laundry bags, etc...

Seriously, though, many people choose to omit their middle name entirely when initialing things. I made that choice myself, as I initial things quite frequently due to the nature of my career. But then I got married: BG WAS better than BAG, but my now initials are BM.

Im sorry for laughing, but this is kinda funny. 

I also did not realize that most people omit their mn when initialing things. I do this and did not even think about it. I really feel 100% better, you ladies are seriously the best!! 

• Aw, I say use the name u love. Our dd's initials will be Cnn. We have had a couple of comments regarding it, and it kind of surprised me that people said anything at all!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My initials have always been DIG. It's really not that big of a deal to have work initials, as long as the word isn't a bad one.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think you should go with it if you like it. Who knows if OMG will even be a popular saying anymore when he's ready to put his initials on something.

Before I got married my initials were MMR, which is a local radio station around here and I always thought that was cool.

"Go Phils"
    Norah Elizabeth - 3.19.12
  • I love the name Owen and wanted so badly to name our LO that but for some reason my FI doesn't like it as much. We're team green and if its a girl the initials will be ARM and if its a boy the initials will be MMM. I'm having a hard time with the boy name being all M's but love the names themselves, so who cares? Thats also a reason we're not telling ppl the names, I don't want to hear negative feedback-- not that it would change my mind.

Go with the name you love and I'm sure you won't hear anything negative from anyone once that little guy is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"