1st Trimester

Are you showing yet? If so, when did you start?

Okay, I find this really weird and I don't know if it's just in my head or not. I only got my BFP 2 days ago and I'm like 4 weeks along. The day I tested I was wearing jeans that seemed to fit well, however, I did notice that I had pooch in my stomach that day. I thought I was just having a fat day. I could swear my belly has been slightly bigger each day since. Is this happening to anyone else?

Re: Are you showing yet? If so, when did you start?

• Im showing now...at about 10 weeks however I am having twins and am 5'1, 113 (pre-pregnancy).

I did have bloat as early as 5 weeks though....so no worries. as my husband says, "well you ARE pregnant!!"

Me:28 DH:30 TTC since 8/2011 BFP 12/5/11 Spontaneous fraternal twins EDD 8/16/12 Loss at 19 weeks 5 days due to I.C. and preterm labor. 1st D & C 3/23/12, 2nd D & C (due to retained tissue) 5/18/12 which resulted in a perforated uterus and hematoma). TTCAL since 9/2012. Mackenzie Grace & Sydney Adelle our sweet angels. May you always fly together. 3-22-12.
  • I have a flat stomach but it looks so bloated now...not like a bump either i look wider ...more so than i did 2 weeks ago
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't say I'm "showing", but I've had enough bloat for my clothes to be uncomfortable for sure. On bad days, I look about 4 or 5 months pg.  :O

Trust me, when you are actually showing, you'll know the diffference. It's just way too early for that at this point. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• I started a couple days ago. This is my third and I already look 5 months pregnant! Yikes .... I am assuming alot of it is bloat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • I had a really bad bloat at 4-5w but that subsided quickly.  I have a fairly flat stomach so for myself and my husband, we can tell I'm sporting a small bump (new this past week).  I don't think anyone else would be able to tell in all honesty though. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yup, I've got bloat going on. Have been for weeks now. My jeans do not fit comfortably anymore, I broke down yesterday and bought a Be Band from Target. LOVE IT! 
  • My bloat is showing, badly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If this is your first, yes, it's in your head that you're showing 2 days after your BFP.  That, and you're likely bloated.  

I'm bloated, but don't expect to show for at least a month (6w now).   

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am showing, I am pretty small anyways so its pretty noticeable. I started last week, which I am 12w1d now, I need to change my ticker..

I was super bloated for several weeks, but I can tell a big difference from my bloat to this little bump. My stomach also got really hard when I started showing.
  • imageJennDave+1:
    I started a couple days ago. This is my third and I already look 5 months pregnant! Yikes .... I am assuming alot of it is bloat.

This, I started showing last week though. 

• I have a tummy, so I don't think I will "show" for a little while still, however, right above my pubic bone it's really hard, so I am assuming that is baby.

(I do rub my bloat and pretend the baby is there...it would look weird I think if I rubbed my crotch and talked to it. This way is much more acceptable.) 

• Lots of bloat.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Started showing at 6 weeks.
  • 4 weeks is early to show.

Im sure its just bloat.

Im 8 weeks and am NOT showing but am very bloated. 

• My flat stomach is no longer flat but much rounder which starts very low, just above my pubic bone. I am not showing to anyone else but it's definately noticeable to me. I am pretty tiny 5ft3 115lbs With long legs and a small torso so the baby has nowhere to go but out
  • It's just bloat. I didn't start showing until 18 weeks with my 1st.
  • imageMrsT0522:

(I do rub my bloat and pretend the baby is there...it would look weird I think if I rubbed my crotch and talked to it. This way is much more acceptable.) 

Bahaha!  Thanks for the laugh!

Just today, I'm starting to feel bigger.  I'm not sure if it's baby or bloat, but either way the real bump is just around the corner and I'll have to kiss my favorite jeans bye-bye for a while. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my first I hid it until 16 wks from work, but started wearing maternity pants around 13 wks.

This time I am still hiding it (barely) and I started wearing maternity pants yesterday.

I have been bloated for weeks though.  I am also short-ish (5'4") with a short torso so I think that works against me. LOL.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • imagesteffnstuff:
    Okay, I find this really weird and I don't know if it's just in my head or not. I only got my BFP 2 days ago and I'm like 4 weeks along. The day I tested I was wearing jeans that seemed to fit well, however, I did notice that I had pooch in my stomach that day. I thought I was just having a fat day. I could swear my belly has been slightly bigger each day since. Is this happening to anyone else?

Probably just bloated! lol! Not trying to burst your bubble,but I found out I was preg at 5 weeks, and a week later my jeans were tight! It never really went away either.

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagesteffnstuff:

With all due respect, your baby is the size of a poppyseed, so you are not showing yet.  The first few weeks you may be very bloated - I certainly was with my first.  It subsided and then I started showing around 20 weeks.  Of course everyone will show at different times, but it's not happening at 4 weeks. 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi im pregnant with my second child and with my first i didnt show until about 15 to 20 weeks so im almost 7 weeks now and i do not have a flat tummy i have a bit of a pooch from my first so im wondering when i will expect to show with this one..will it be considerably late since i got a pooch?
  • its probably bloat. I didnt actually start showing bump till a few weeks ago. there was bloating but now Its very significant.
  • I feel like i'm showing. I'm 5'0 and 86 pounds with abs.I have a 6 year old and I'm 7 weeks. At 5 weeks I KNEW I was pregnant because my abs didn't look right, they looked....."soft-ish" as my husband put it. I consider my bloat "showing" because I can't see my abs.....but everyone's different. I didn't 'show" until I was 7 months pregnant with my daughter. I woke up one morning and it's like it happened overnight. lol
  • you deffenitely not showng yet 

Look for fetal development pictures

Pregnancy hormones can cause things like bloating ect .. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"