1st Trimester

Zofran

It has stopped working for me.  What do I do now?   Any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Zofran

• Have they tried phenegan yet?  It makes me sleepy but it works.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just bought the Sea Band wrist bands today at Target... surprisingly they have given me some relief!
  • Loading the player...
  • We have not done phenagren yet, but I can't take that at work.  lol...  I have slept 17 hours straight on that stuff! 

I have the seabands.  They worked at first, but then they also stopped working for me.   I'm having some pretty bad all day sickness.   It seems to be worse on Sundays apparently.  Last Sunday was awful as well.   I'm really hoping that I'll be lucky and mine will be done earlier since it's so severe.  *fingers crossed*  

Thanks for the suggestions! 

• You could also try Vitamin B6 (after asking your doc, obvi).  That's what mine recommended during my pregnancy with DS.  Didn't help me, but others have had luck with it.

Are you eating small, bland snacks throughout the day?  I know it's hard, but I've found that if I keep saltines beside my bed and eat a few before I even try to move, it helps.  I keep them in my car and bag as well. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Talk to your doc about possibly upping the dose...I had terrible sickness with DD too. Like the thought of moving would make me even sicker. My doc upped the dose because I still couldn't eat anything no matter how hard I tried and was loosing to much weight. It helped a lot! GL! 
  • imagemlf625:

You could also try Vitamin B6 (after asking your doc, obvi).  That's what mine recommended during my pregnancy with DS.  Didn't help me, but others have had luck with it.

Are you eating small, bland snacks throughout the day?  I know it's hard, but I've found that if I keep saltines beside my bed and eat a few before I even try to move, it helps.  I keep them in my car and bag as well. 

I am eating as much as I possibly can throughout the day.   I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow, so I'll ask about the B6.   And, I am so sick of saltines...bleh.  I eat them at work every morning to help get me through to lunch.  

• imageAdam&Eve07:
    Talk to your doc about possibly upping the dose...I had terrible sickness with DD too. Like the thought of moving would make me even sicker. My doc upped the dose because I still couldn't eat anything no matter how hard I tried and was loosing to much weight. It helped a lot! GL! 

That's a great idea.   I have the 4mg ones and I think I remember reading a thread on here the other day regarding 8mg Zofran.   I have to be careful with how many I go through.  I don't know how many my insurance will cover and I do know that without insurance, it's about $293.00 for 12 pills.   

Thanks for the suggestion.   I'm at the point of eating whatever I get my hands on even though I know I'm going to throw it up later.  That's the suckiest part for me.  I'm a huge foodie and I'm afraid that I'm going to have lifelong food aversions from throwing everything up.  :(    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"