Babies: 3 - 6 Months

LO doesn't like oatmeal. Any tips?

Hey there! We just started oatmeal and LO doesn't like it. She does like rice but I am concerned that she will get constipated. Any suggestions to get her to like oatmeal? 

Re: LO doesn't like oatmeal. Any tips?

• DS is the same.  We mix it with fruit or a veggie and he will eat it just fine that way. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageawisern:
    DS is the same.  We mix it with fruit or a veggie and he will eat it just fine that way. 

This. We've only tried it with bananas, but that seemed to do the trick!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto the other responses!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I agree with the others about mixing it with fruit/veggies!  Also, another option is barley cereal.  My LO did not care for the rice, but is really enjoying the barley.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • any of the 'p' fruits will help get her pooping (pear, prune, etc.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • she doesn't need to eat oatmeal so if she doesn't like it, just skip it and go to something else. 
    imageimage

• We are doing rice right now and tried mixing apples, bananas, and prunes. He doesn't like any of it. Daycare said to just go with cereal for now (which he won't eat for us, but will at school) and try the fruits again a little later :P We are going to try multigrain soon, but I just want him to like something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"