January 2012 Moms

My 4 hour labor (induction) birth story!

We got to the hospital at 2pm on Sat to be induced. After being checked in, getting the IV and getting all the boring stuff out of the way, the Dr finally broke my water at 4pm. He wanted to give me an hour to labor on my own since I was already almost 4cm and super soft. So soft that they could skip the Cervidil. I started having contractions, but nothing very serious, so at 5 we started the pitocin. HERE WE GO! After about a half hour of the pitocin my contractions got SUPER bad and close together so I ordered the epidural. It only took the anesthesiologist about 5 mins to get into my room, but he had to go over all the rules with me, which seemed like it took an hour (probably only took 5 mins). He kept stopping to let me choke through contractions and would ask if I wanted him to continue or if I'd like him to give me a minute to get through my current contraction. I wanted to kill him and tell him to hurry  up! His words weren't making any sense through the pain anyway so he might have well have just shut up anyway! So it takes him about 5 mins to actually do the epidural. AMAZING! Except he gave me a giant double dose right off the bat since I was in so much pain, and I ended up almost passing out and threw up a few times. Still totally worth it! The nurse put something in my IV and I was totally fine 5 mins later. I got itchy this time, but still totally worth it! I was kind of surprised though since I didn't have any side effects with DS. At 6pm the nurse checked me and I was at a 6! I was hoping that meant I could have Zoey that day since my induction with DS took 17 hours! At this point I was totally comfortable and was watching a movie with DH, trying not to fall asleep. I remember feeling her drop, since she had stayed super high until this point. I casually told the nurse this, who said she wanted to check me right away because the Dr didn't want to have to run back to the hospital (his office was across the street). I just laughed at her and kept watching the movie while she checked me. She says, "Yep you're ready to go! 10cm"! I just stared at her like I had no idea what she was talking about. It was only 8pm! I just had my epidural 2 hours ago! I told her that I didn't want to start pushing yet because she was only at +1, and I didn't want to push forever when my body could do more of the work for me. She said that was fine, just to let her know when I stated feeling too much pressure and she'd get the Dr for me. So I went another 45 mins with my leg up on the little table they have next to the bed. I finally told her it was time to push, so the Dr got ready! 9 pushes and 15 mins later Zoey Elizabeth was born. Weighing 7lbs, 13oz and 20 inches long. I had them hand her to me right away and started to cry. I couldn't believe my daughter was here! She was perfect and scored a 9 on her APGAR scores. She never cried, just looked around and snuggled up to me. I didn't let her go for at least 2 hours! Such an amazing and quick birth! We are so blessed to have her here with us! I can't believe I have a daughter!!

imageimage
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My 4 hour labor (induction) birth story!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"