Babies: 6 - 9 Months

At 8mos what is your LO saying?

Just curious what other 8 month olds are saying.  We have mama, dada, and lot's of other sounds but not really any other words.

Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: At 8mos what is your LO saying?

• A whole lot of babbling. No distinct words.

Thank maude I haven't read a single book this time around. Apparently, something has led you to believe your LO should be saying words at 8 months?? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Nothing.  He razzes and grunts and that's about it.
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • babbling and an occasional dada.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Uhh.... nothing. She's 8 months old. :)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• imageMrsRoy07:
    Uhh.... nothing. She's 8 months old. :)

Yup... a whole lot of babbling... 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • They both sound like they're speaking in tongues.
    imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm jealous you're getting mama! So far we've gotten dada and baba a lot. There have been a few things that she says and we look at each other and go, no way...that didn't happen. We must be hearing things!

imageMrs. D S:

Just curious what other 8 month olds are saying.  We have mama, dada, and lot's of other sounds but not really any other words.

• You're kidding, right?   We get some babbling and once he said "dada" which happened to be while dada was in the room so clearly he knows what he's saying!  He also said "hi" once.  My mother thinks he's brilliant!
  • I'm so glad no one is in here saying stuff like 'ball' and 'dog' and 'milk' because I would totally be calling bullsh*t.

We get mamamama although it isn't actually in reference to me, a one time dada that I think was totally an accident and a whole lot of screeching and babbling. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That makes me feel better.  We have a little friend that is 4 weeks younger than our LO and she is saying bye bye (complete with wave), mama, dada, and banana.  My biggest fear having kids was that I wouldn't do the right things with them so they will develop properly.
    Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • imageMrs. D S:
    That makes me feel better.  We have a little friend that is 4 weeks younger than our LO and she is saying bye bye (complete with wave), mama, dada, and banana.  My biggest fear having kids was that I wouldn't do the right things with them so they will develop properly.

A 7 month old says banana? Have you heard this yourself? I am highly skeptical. 

• Geesh - my DS just discovered consonants. Before is was just aaaaaaooooou. Now (as of 2 days ago) we have a little bit of babababa - but it certainly isn't directed at anyone. He hasn't put words together with things at all.
  • imagefrlcb:

imageMrs. D S:
    That makes me feel better.  We have a little friend that is 4 weeks younger than our LO and she is saying bye bye (complete with wave), mama, dada, and banana.  My biggest fear having kids was that I wouldn't do the right things with them so they will develop properly.

A 7 month old says banana? Have you heard this yourself? I am highly skeptical. 

Ditto- just bc a baby says these syllables doesn't mean they know what they're saying!! People need to calm down, there's no reason to expect babies this young to be saying anything. 

imageimage

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks

• Yeah, she's not even saying consonant sounds.  Her dr said babbling (w/consonants) is a 9 month milestone.
  • A turns 8 months today and has been babbling a lot... she says a lot of "mum mum mum" and "da da da" but I know she doesn't associate it with us yet.
  • Just babbling and the occasional dada (not in connection with daddy). Although, I swear he has said and knows the word "hi" for a long time. DH and I have both heard him repeat it after we say it numerous times since he was tiny like 5 months and honestly...it's weird.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, I was going to say nothing. He babbles. It's adorable, and I love it, but it's not speaking. Plenty of time for that!
  • EcyEcy member

DD says mama, dada, baba and other than that, loves to scream a lot :)

My 10 month old niece just learned how to say baby and says it very clear. Show off!!! Stick out tongue

• We have Mama Dada and Byebye HOWEVER I am in no way convinced she knows what she is saying anymore than it just being totally convenient for the moment she says it lol! I think at this point a lot of real words (or what some parents think they are) are just super convenient noises that could also be 10 different "words". I suppose it isnt impossible for real words at this age, just not the average child.
  • She has been saying dada and mama for a while now and recently starting saying baba. Other than that, just a whole lot of babbling. 
    Photobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Natural mc @ 8 wks in Nov. '07, dd born 4/23/11, natural mc @ 6 wks in April '12, bfp 6/11/12...praying for a sticky baby!
  • DD says Dada and Mama and Hey (when waving)! She also says nana which I think may become no because she says it after someone tells her no or once when she didn't want to lie down for a diaper change which caught me off guard but I'm still not convinced that she's saying no yet. She also says Baba while babbling but not to anything specific. She is definetly gonna be a talker like her dad :)
  • At 6 mnths he started saying mama and dada, 7 or so he started with nana and baba and others. now at 8mths he just screams everything lol. And he makes a ticking sound.
  • So much! I seriously can't believe it. DH and I were just talking about how we must have the smartest LO ever. Here are the words that he's saying right now that I'm just thinking of off the top of my head. (I know there are more, but this is just off the top of my head...):

- viscid 

- herniated

- agoraphobia 

- insource (sometimes he'll say "outsource" too, but that's only if he's really p!ssed off)

- kerfuffle

- humbug

- mockery

- antagonist 

- ambivalent 

- ambrosia

- scallywag (wtf)

- TI-82 (he's sort of a math guy) 

Anyway, sorry to post and run, but I can't possibly list EVERYTHING he's saying at 8 months old. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TheBump ate my profile. Oh well. New and improved.
  • Take everything you hear with a grain of salt.....my friend who has a just turned 5 month old says, he says "mama". My DS is of course not talking because he is only 6 months, but it does amaze me how some can over-exaggerate what their children are doing/saying/milestones.  Rolling over is another big one...the 5 month old talker also was rolling at 2.5wks old. Wowsers....

• imageFullHeartMama:

So much! I seriously can't believe it. DH and I were just talking about how we must have the smartest LO ever. Here are the words that he's saying right now that I'm just thinking of off the top of my head. (I know there are more, but this is just off the top of my head...):

- viscid 

- herniated

- agoraphobia 

- insource (sometimes he'll say "outsource" too, but that's only if he's really p!ssed off)

- kerfuffle

- humbug

- mockery

- antagonist 

- ambivalent 

- ambrosia

- scallywag (wtf)

Anyway, sorry to post and run, but I can't possibly list EVERYTHING he's saying at 8 months old. 

I heart you. :) You must have played Mozart everyday for your LO in the womb or something!!! 

imageimage

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks

• imageFullHeartMama:

So much! I seriously can't believe it. DH and I were just talking about how we must have the smartest LO ever. Here are the words that he's saying right now that I'm just thinking of off the top of my head. (I know there are more, but this is just off the top of my head...):

- viscid 

- herniated

- agoraphobia 

- kerfuffle

- humbug

- mockery

- antagonist 

- ambivalent 

- ambrosia

- scallywag (wtf)

Pretty colorful vocab there, my babies say a couple of these words and they also know the name of ALL the presidents, and they can count up to 50 :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsRoy07:
    imageFullHeartMama:

- viscid 

- herniated

- agoraphobia 

- kerfuffle

- humbug

- mockery

- antagonist 

- ambivalent 

- ambrosia

- scallywag (wtf)

I heart you. :)You must have played Mozart everyday for your LO in the womb or something!!! 

Tchaikovsky, actually.

DS has never been a fan of Mozart. He abhors the way Mozart terribly mismanaged his finances. 

• imagejboricua:
    imageFullHeartMama:

- viscid 

- herniated

- agoraphobia 

- kerfuffle

- humbug

- mockery

- antagonist 

- ambivalent 

- ambrosia

- scallywag (wtf)

Pretty colorful vocab there, my babies say a couple of these words and they also know the name of ALL the presidents, and they can count up to 50 :)

DS is mildly impressed by this. He's got a bit of a competitive streak. I'd make sure your babies aren't out after dark alone. DS has a strange fascination with Tonya Harding. I don't really want to imagine where this could go. 

Smile 

• imageFullHeartMama:

- viscid 

- herniated

- agoraphobia 

- kerfuffle

- humbug

- mockery

- antagonist 

- ambivalent 

- ambrosia

- scallywag (wtf)

Lurker here. Gotta post for this one though. Bwahahahah! I LOVE it!

• My LO is 8 1/2 months old and I just heard him utter the hard 'g' sound today (you know, the one that is in 'girl'). Other than that, the same as all the other normal people, just a bunch of babble. Although I am getting the feeling that he is STARTING to understand that mamamama means me, and dadadada means his father... OH! and twice he said "Mo-" when I was asking him if he wanted 'more' (food)! I keep hoping he'll do it again lol
  • Mama to me, dada to DH, nanana when he sees the bananas in the kitchen and wants one, nighnigh when he's really tired, baba when he wants his bottle or sippy cup. I wouldn't believe it except it's consistent and he seems to hit milestones early.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BBB. Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. 

That pretty much covers it. 

~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • My son doesnt crawl yet but he has been saying words sinse he turned 7 months. He says hi Tanner to the dog, hi Lilly to the cat, Hi Daddy, Mommy, Baba for bottle, baby, Up when he wants to be picked up or stand up. He even says I did it and yeah but he doesnt know what they mean. This is a baby who came out making sounds so i had a feeling he would be an early talker. He just turned 9months.
  • My six month old babbles a lot (momom, dah-dahhhh baba nininini) and truly does yell "YEAH" when he's excited about something....generally at the carpet....but my almost five-year-old daughter is convinced that he says a lot more. She's come to me and told me that he just said "I love you," "I wanna hug," "Move it" and "I like red." She is absolutely thrilled with her genius brother and won't let anyone deny her the joy of hearing him say something new for the first time. 
  • Nothing much.

She babbles off and on but now she is really focusing on standing and pulling up--so that takes all of her energy. She does yell "AHHHHHHH" a lot when she is super excited :)  

My daughter is my hero.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"