January 2012 Moms
Options

Team Green turns TEAM BLUE 1-12-12

We went in early yesterday morning for my scheduled repeat Cesarean.  A few minor bumps in the road early on and for a while it looked like I may have to undergo general anesthesia, as I had with my daughter when I had HELLP Syndrome, but in the end I was able to get a spinal and be awake as my baby boy was born!  What a moment!!!  And seeing my husband as they announced from the other side of the draping "You have a BOY!" was something I will never ever forget - the emotion was just overwhelming for us!

Lawrence John, LJ to us, is BF'ing like a champ, going 20 minutes at a clip and he latched on first try without any trouble at all - he amazes me!  He's slept away most of the day.  This whole business of being born apparently wore him out!  Lol.  He's beautiful with a nice amount of wavy blonde hair and blue blue eyes....and so far I look at him and see my husband staring back at me.  Spitting image!!!  

Our 6 1/2 yr old daughter Eden is absolutely, positively IN LOVE with her baby brother and has been just wonderful with him.  She held him for two hours....HOURS....and then was brokenhearted to have to share him with my Mom for a few minutes before they left (my poor mother got LJ for a total of maybe 1/2 hour in spite of being here from 12noon - 6pm....Eden is such a baby hog!!!  Lol).  And to see just how content LJ is in his big sister's arms - it's heartmelting!!!

I'm doing well with my recovery after an afternoon of vomiting from the anesthesia they used in my spinal.  TG that passed by 5pm and I just had some juice and Saltines at about midnight, but my stomach feels settled.  Tomorrow I'll be getting up out of bed and on a solid diet.  

My husband is home - my daughter wanted him there in the worst way in spite of my parents being there to take care of her.  That means it's the Nursery for little LJ tonight with on-demand feeding when they bring him to me.  Tomorrow Eden will be on a sleepover and my husband will be able to stay - I can't wait to have my little family of four back together tomorrow.  My husband will be back first thing in the morning and my parents will bring Eden as soon as she gets out of school, where she is anxious to wear her BIG SIS shirt.  

Life could not be more perfect!  

Congrats to all of the moms and best of everything to all of you waiting to meet your babes! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Team Green turns TEAM BLUE 1-12-12

• Options
    Congrats on your son!  I'm so glad to hear that everything went well and that Big Sis is loving Little Brother already! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Your daughter's actions are so sweet they made me tear up! That is beyond adorable.

Congrats on your SON!! How exciting! 

DD 1.18.2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's been so long since I added a picture to a bio or post, but I *think* I have one of Eden & LJ and another of little LJ in my bio now.  My heart is filled to the seams and I feel as though I'm going to burst from all of the love -- I had to share my two littlest BIG LOVES!
  • Options

imagenothingbuthappy:
    It's been so long since I added a picture to a bio or post, but I *think* I have one of Eden & LJ and another of little LJ in my bio now.  My heart is filled to the seams and I feel as though I'm going to burst from all of the love -- I had to share my two littlest BIG LOVES!

Ah, the cuteness!! Thanks for sharing them :) 

DD 1.18.2012
  • Options

Congrats! Did you have a feeling that you'd hear "boy"? That is so wonderful! I hope my 6 1/2 year old will be as smitten as your daughter when our baby is born. Enjoy!

BabyFetus Ticker
    DS #1 - 6 years old
    DS #2 - 5 years old
    Baby #3 on the way!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations! So happy for you that this birth went much more smoothly.
  • Options

congrats on your little boy!

• Options
    imagesusan451:

Congrats! Did you have a feeling that you'd hear "boy"? That is so wonderful! I hope my 6 1/2 year old will be as smitten as your daughter when our baby is born. Enjoy!

We both had a gut feeling it was a boy...actually nearly everyone did.  The night before LJ was born I said "We're going to have a lot of explaining to do if we have a girl, everyone is expecting a boy!"  Then we ran through names and made sure we were 100% decided on a girl name before going to sleep - the boy name was all set, ready to go, by 10 weeks!  Lol. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"