1st Trimester

Where will the baby sleep?

Just curious to hear where your baby will be sleeping when they come home. [Poll]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where will the baby sleep?

• For the first month or two, our twins slept in the pack and play in our room. Just easier for late night feedings. It will be the same with this baby.

• I said in our bed but we do have a co-sleeper that I'll set up.  With my DS it was about 50/50 between bed and co-sleeper, we'll see how this one is when the time comes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I just kind of answered this in a post below but our new baby will be sleeping in our room in a bassinet for the first little while.

After that, probably across the hall in the nursery with DD.  We will probably get DD a toddler bed and then the new baby can take over the crib. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I think we're going to do what we did last time, which was to have LO in a bassinet in our room for the first month, then we'll move to the nursery.

Although, I slept SO much better once DD was in her nursery - so I might move LO#2 over once we stop having to wake him/her to eat at night (after a week or so). 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We will do the same thing we did with DD. Baby will be in his/her crib in his/her own room from the day we get back from the Hospital. 
  • imageAjm11:
    The baby will sleep in our room for the first 3-ish months, then off to his/her own crib they shall go!

This exactly!

• We live in a 2 bedroom townhouse & already have a 2 year old. The newborn will be in our room in a pack & play (probably sometimes in bed w/ us) until he/she is sleeping longer stretches at night. Then this one will go in with our son to share a room.

I didn't want to put the new one in our son's room right away because I didn't want to disrupt his quality of sleep with a newborn waking up every 2-3 hours.

• For the first few weeks this LO will be in our room in the bassinet. Then he/she will go to their own room.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Baby will probably go straight to her nursery. DD1 bed shares with us and I don't want the new baby to wake her, or SO who gets up really early for work. 

I also do not want a repeat of DD and have another bed sharer. So the baby will also be in a crib. We'll have a twin bed in there for me to sleep in for the first month or so. Then we'll attempt to get DD1 moved in as well.

Wow, that sounds ambitious for me! 

• PNP in our room at first, just like the other two.  We kept DS in there until 4 months and DD until 6 months.  We occasionally co-slept for part of the night as well, which was one of my big "I'll never...." things until I actually had a baby.  ;)
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LO will be in the Pack & Play in our room. With DD, we moved her over to her room at 3 mo., but since we plan on moving when LO will be about 7 mo., we'll probably just leave LO in there so we don't have to set up a nursery that would only be used for 4 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am getting an arms-reach cosleeper this time.  With DD in the bassinet I still woke up a bazillion times a night to check on her at first so I feel like I'll get more sleep if I can just reach over & feel the newbie breathing or open one eye & check :)  Plus it makes BFing easier.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • We plan on the baby sleeping in our room until he/she is sleeping at least mostly through the night.  This is our first, though, so our plans may change.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • In a cosleeper initially, and once LO outgrows that we plan on getting an Ikea crib to sidecar to our bed. After that, a toddler bed in our room. 
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • We have pets and a loft style bedroom... The nursery has a door that opens into our bedroom so the baby will sleep there in a crib.  He/she will be close enough to us for nighttime feedings, but we won't have to worry about the dog jumping up at a bassinet.

• We tried to have Mathieu sleep in a cradle in our room but it didn't work. He hated that thing so we ended up bedsharing for the first 4 months. Then we transitioned him to his crib, which we set up in our room. By 8 months he was in his room in his crib. We will probably do something similar with this baby!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I had plans or babe to sleep in our room in a basinette, I learnt fast they make there own plans... Now she sleeps in her swing in he living room
  • Our new bundle of joy will be sleeping in his/her bassinet in our room until they sleep through the night in which she/he will share a room with his/her big sister safe and cozy in his/her own crib. I can't do the co sleeper/ in bed thing with a newborn. I toss and turn in my sleep and that would equal a quick death for a newborn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"