April 2012 Moms

So I just realized that--

The prenatals I've been taking for the past 2 months dosn't have DHA in them. Indifferent I was so excited that i could actually stomach a prenatal with iorn in it, that I just kept on taking them. H got them at GNC when I ran out of my gummy ones. I never thought to tell him to look for ones with DHA, and I guess he just assumes that a prenatal is a prenatal... I feel bad myself because I didn't even check the bottle when he broght it home. =(
 should I switch back to DHA included now that I'm this far along???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So I just realized that--

• If it makes you feel any better I didn't take DHA with DD or this time around. It wasn't in the prenatal I was taking while TTC and I never added to it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• That does make me feel better...Lol. I feel like a bad mom for cutting him off of it.
  • Loading the player...
  • My midwife just asked last week if my prenatal had DHA in it. She told me that if it doesn't then to buy DHA vitamins and start taking them. So I guess it's not too late to start. Found out my prenatals don't have it and I'm gonna need to buy it separate.
  • I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but I would add it in now. There's lots of brain development in third tri. You don't have to get a new prenatal, just get a DHA supplement.
  • DHA is best right now as baby's brain is adding folds and fat! Just get a supplement if you still have enough prenatals. If you need to get prenatals anyway, just get one that has it in it now.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm sure your fine. FWIW... I've been a total slacker with my prenatals and my OB doesn't seem overly concerned. I hate that I keep forgetting (and this is a semi recent thing) but I do nevertheless feel like a bad person because of it.
  • eav2c- I know how you feel! If I miss a day or two I feel like a bad mom, and when I noticed that that vitamin that I've been taking for 2 months dosn't have DHA in it it just added on to it. Sad

I'm out of the prenatals, but since I was able to stomach these I may just keep taking them and like you ladies said, add a DHA sup. Are there any that you ladies suggest?

• I take DHA separate from my prenatal which is what my OB recommended since I can stomach my prenatal. 
  • imageJayFitzzy814:

eav2c- I know how you feel! If I miss a day or two I feel like a bad mom, and when I noticed that that vitamin that I've been taking for 2 months dosn't have DHA in it it just added on to it. Sad

I'm out of the prenatals, but since I was able to stomach these I may just keep taking them and like you ladies said, add a DHA sup. Are there any that you ladies suggest?

The brand I use is Spectrum, which I get at Whole Foods. I take three a day.  

• Thanks! =)
  • imageJayFitzzy814:

eav2c- I know how you feel! If I miss a day or two I feel like a bad mom, and when I noticed that that vitamin that I've been taking for 2 months dosn't have DHA in it it just added on to it. Sad

Target's brand are good, because they are small. I got some a different brand when they were out, but the pills were so huge and I was burping up fish even if I took the pill with food. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB told me to take an algae-based DHA, not the fish-based one. I use the CVS brand.  This week though, I actually read the label of my folic acid I've been taking, and it has DHA that is fish-based. Oh well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"