Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

natural miscarriage

So im pretty sure I'm going to have a miscarriage and I'm just going to go the natural way. I just dont think I would feel closure at all with a d/c. But I just need someone on here that has had a natural miscarriage take me through whats going to happen. Im already bleeding but I feel like I brace myself everytime I go to the bathroom. What should I be expecting? Severe cramping?

Re: natural miscarriage

• I think I'm also miscarrying (5 wks pg) - I started spotting last night, and had more this morning with what looked like tissue and blood like my period. Went to the doctor's this morning after speaking with a nurse on the phone last night (Ontario has a free health hotline for advice). I'm taking the day off work (way too emotional to go in) and I am at home with my feet up and a hot water bottle. I'm not cramping so much but every time I got to the bathroom I'm a bit sad. I'm wearing a pad and will be returning to the doctor's tomorrow morning - she re-did my hcg blood work. The doctor said that a miscarriage is a very personal thing and some people have more severe cramping than others. 

The hot water bottle is helping (alternating from front to back). I also spoke to my mum this morning (we hadn't told parents yet but I was really upset this morning and needed my mum -- my husband just wasn't cutting it so we told my mum this morning that we're pregnant and asked her not tell my dad or anyone because of what i'm going through). I've also spoken with my rabbi and he said his wife will call me later this afternoon to chat. So talking about it might help.

Best of luck and feel good soon. Sending a hug your way.  

TTC 1: Off BCP late October 2011. BFP #1 Jan 2, 2012; EDD September 5, 2012; m/c Jan 12, 2012. BFP #2 June 14, 2012; EDD February 22, 2013.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
    My super all about me birth story:
    Then: Fraternal twins born at 26 weeks in 1983. Me: 640 grams. Brother: 840 grams. Family kept watch in the NICU for 5 months before being allowed to go home. On oxygen for a year and a half after being released.
    Now: Me: PhD student and married. Brother: Lawyer and married.
    Dad's wedding speech: Thank you to all the family who stood watch and prayed for our children's survival. Well now the little scrawny chicken is married. Who would've thought? (Thanks dad for making me laugh and cry at the same time).
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I never had any cramping that was worse than just starting my period.  My cramping got pogressivly worse over two days, and then when it started to get bad enough for a heating pad at the begining the heat took the pain away right away.  The more I started to bleed the less the heating pad worked and it got to where I was not working at all.  The next 2 or 3 days afterwards I had a MASSIVE headache.  Other than that not too much.  This all just happened starting Saturday evening around 5 and I am already done bleeding today.  I do not know if more will come later, but I hope it's over with now.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I wrote about my experience on my blog and I only suggest reading it because it helped me when I read other's experiences.  I am so sorry for your loss.

https://www.alittleblueberry.com/p/1st-pregnancy.html

• I'm in the process of it right now. I'm going to update a post in a little bit when I get home and maybe that will help you.

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  The worst of my miscarriage lasted about six days with heavy bleeding and cramping that got worse each day (sorry, just the truth).  I passed the sac on the fourth day without ever feeling anything different but about two days later I had two episodes of very intense pressure that lasted about twenty minutes each after which I passed a large clot and something else that I cannot identify.  I felt so much better immediately, the cramps stopped and the bleeding started to go away after that, though if you count all the spotting it lasted about two and a half weeks.  It's different for every person so it's hard to really know what to expect.  Trust in your body and know that it won't ever give you more than you can handle.  It helped me to focus on my breathing when I had those experiences of intense pressure.

TTC since June 2011
    BFP #1 11/18/11 - m/c 12/24/11 blighted ovum - EDD 08/01/12
    BFP #2 08/04/12 - m/c 08/29/12 no answers - EDD 04/17/13
    BFP #3 10/01/12 - m/c 10/30/12 uniparental disomy - EDD 06/04/13
    BFP #4 04/12/13 - EDD 12/22/13  It's a GIRL!
    compound heterozygous MTHFR   -   All AL Welcome

image   image
  • I was on my fourth day of spotting when I went to the doctor.  She prescribed Cytotec for me to help my body speed up the process.  Within a couple hours of that my bleeding picked up.  I had some cramps, but nothing worse than a period.  I bled heavily for less than a day (yesterday), and today I have a light flow.  I'm going back to the doctor tomorrow to see if it got it all out or if I need to try something different.  FX it is over. 

I'm sorry you are going through this.  Good luck to you on your journey.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    12/1/11 BFP, missed m/c diagnosed @ 9w2d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you everyone for posting and helping me along with this process. I have started cramping slightly and I guess all I can do is let nature take its course. I feel so numb right now. I guess as naive as I am I have always thought that this could never happen to me and I'm so sad that I thought that way. I hope I can heal physically and emotionally quickly and try to move on to the next step.
  • It was literally the worst pain I have ever had in my life. The cramping was so bad it made me throw up. I ended up having a dnc as well. I am sorry you have to go thru this. I wouldnt wish this on anyone its not just hard to lose the baby but the physical part is almost like a slap in the face of the emotional pain.
    GiGi.... due in march with my first
  • imageVphilpott:
    So im pretty sure I'm going to have a miscarriage and I'm just going to go the natural way. I just dont think I would feel closure at all with a d/c. But I just need someone on here that has had a natural miscarriage take me through whats going to happen. Im already bleeding but I feel like I brace myself everytime I go to the bathroom. What should I be expecting? Severe cramping?

First of all Im so sorry.

Last February I went to the Dr. at 14 weeks for a regular appointment and she couldnt find the heartbeat. My dr. advised to miscarry naturally. It took 2 weeks. one day I woke up cramping but it wasnt anything major. But then it got worse and it didnt feel like cramps anymore. I called my dr. and she said based on my description I was having contractions.

Im sorry if this is TMI but here it goes...

I felt a slight pop and a gush of blood. I went to the bathroom where I stayed for a very long time. I pushed and pushed and finally passed large tissue. I personally couldnt look, I was already too scared and crying. For the next few days I bled very heavily. I went to the Dr. and she said I didnt pass all the tissue so just give it a day and maybe it will pass.

2 weeks after that the tissue still had not passed and I was still bleeding heavily. The Dr. finally said I had to go in for a d/c because I was bleeding too much. I went in for a d/c and healed a week later.

Im sorry if this was too much info. but this was my experience. I wish you the best, even though there really is no best in this situation. My heart goes out to you and I hope that you dont have too much pain and its over quickly for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • The previous posters basically covered it. I just wanted to tell you that I'm so very sorry for your loss. {hugs}
    It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"