November 2011 Moms

Opinions Thursday

Popular or unpopular! What are your thoughts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Opinions Thursday

• I was really confused by the whole Nov Mommy facebook group. I thought the posts were funny and entertaining but I was bothered by the fact that they kept saying our board was full of drama and that's why they left. If anything they took the drama with them. I felt like they were poking fun at the current regular posters in some way.

• imageVieve831:
    I was really confused by the whole Nov Mommy facebook group. I thought the posts were funny and entertaining but I was bothered by the fact that they kept saying our board was full of drama and that's why they left. If anything they took the drama with them. I felt like they were poking fun at the current regular posters in some way.

Where is this drama? I don't see any...but whatever.

My opinion for today: Shows like Jerry Springer and Maury make me really hate people. I'm all for having all the sex you want, but be smart enough to protect yourself. When you've tested 20+ men to figure out who fathered your child, you are an idiot and should be forcibly sterilized.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageVieve831:
    I was really confused by the whole Nov Mommy facebook group. I thought the posts were funny and entertaining but I was bothered by the fact that they kept saying our board was full of drama and that's why they left. If anything they took the drama with them. I felt like they were poking fun at the current regular posters in some way.

I totally agree! When I first joined in April there was a lot of drama on here then over the summer it disappeared along with some regulars. Funny how when the fb group took over I recognized some names and it all made sense. The first couple posts were funny but then it was annoying.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageVieve831:

agreed.  I normally just lurk but thought the whole thing was a little out of control. 

My opinion--- I am HAPPY to be back at work.  I was going really stir crazy at home with nothing really "productive" to do all day.  It sucks getting up extra early in the mornings, BFing R and trying to get myself ready, but...it's all worth it to have a few hours of adult conversation each day and to be productive again.

• imageTimeRacer:

imageVieve831:

Where is this drama? I don't see any...but whatever.

My opinion for today: Shows like Jerry Springer and Maury make me really hate people. I'm all for having all the sex you want, but be smart enough to protect yourself. When you've tested 20+ men to figure out who fathered your child, you are an idiot and should be forcibly sterilized.

Lol! I just think about the fact that there is maybe a month time frame of when they got pregnant and how they can't figure it out after 20 men. Do you really sleep with that many people in a month?!

My UO: Trash reality tv is normally more entertaining than sitcoms. I will watch teen mom, jersey shore, real world, etc over a sitcom any day. I think I'm addicted to MTV lol.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageVieve831:

I asked a couple of times to get to added to the Nov FB group before the Summer but never got invited. The feeling of rejection has passed now...sort of.

My UO: If I hear or see one more celebrity that is 4-8 weeks postpartum, wearing skinny jeans or a bikini, and gets press coverage for their "amazingly slender post-baby body" I'm going to puke. Yeah I'm jealous. Sue me.

• The crazy posts made me feel like the fat band kid (in full uniform, big fuzzy hat included) with the wrap around retainer and the acne walking around with my tuba in the cafeteria trying to sit with the cool kids and somebody flipping my tray of my cream cheese and jelly sandwich.

I don't remember a lot of the drama anymore. But that's probably because my brain's like a sack of mush lately.

So, my opinion: I really like Rachael Ray but I don't understand why people freaking cheer when she adds parmasean cheese to dishes. Seriously people, it's cheese, not gold. 

• imagesnowkiwi:

imageVieve831:

I asked a couple of times to get to added to the Nov FB group before the Summer but never got invited. The feeling of rejection has passed now...sort of.

My UO: If I hear or see one more celebrity that is 4-8 weeks postpartum, wearing skinny jeans or a bikini, and gets press coverage for their "amazingly slender post-baby body" I'm going to puke. Yeah I'm jealous. Sue me.

I asked also and never got invited so I gave up and got over it.

I totally agree on the celebrity thing. I also think its sort of unhealthy to be THAT skinny after a baby. Think of all the effort they have to put into getting their body back. Are they breastfeeding? For a normal celebrity who is uber-skinny I think "yeah, but that's their job and they have personal trainers and dieticians/chefs". But being on maternity leave I see that caring for my baby IS a full time job for at least the first 4-8 weeks. Are they hiring a nanny just to get in shape? So they can be on the cover of a magazine with people exclaiming how fast they got their body back? That's ridiculous and it just perpetuates a myth that its a realistic and desirable to be that skinny so fast.

• Huh? What FB group? Did I miss something? I never see drama here but then again I can be clueless sometimes:)  

• imageSporkmoostipe:

The crazy posts made me feel like the fat band kid (in full uniform, big fuzzy hat included) with the wrap around retainer and the acne walking around with my tuba in the cafeteria trying to sit with the cool kids and somebody flipping my tray of my cream cheese and jelly sandwich.

Lol!!!!! Omg seriously just gave me the most hilarious image in my head! Thank you  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageVieve831:
    imagesnowkiwi:

imageVieve831:

I totally agree on the celebrity thing. I also think its sort of unhealthy to be THAT skinny after a baby. Think of all the effort they have to put into getting their body back. Are they breastfeeding? For a normal celebrity who is uber-skinny I think "yeah, but that's their job and they have personal trainers and dieticians/chefs". But being on maternity leave I see that caring for my baby IS a full time job for at least the first 4-8 weeks. Are they hiring a nanny just to get in shape? So they can be on the cover of a magazine with people exclaiming how fast they got their body back? That's ridiculous and it just perpetuates a myth that its a realistic and desirable to be that skinny so fast.

Two words: photo shop. I like to tell myself that anyways! Most celebrities hire nannies to basically raise their children though, so I'm sure they have a lot of free time on their hands to work out and get a lot of sleep.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageVieve831:

I agree... And was happy it only lasted a day. It felt very mean spirited and clique-ish... And I couldnt help but wonder why in the world a group of adult women with 1-2 month olds felt like that would be a good use of time... 

• imageVieve831:
    imagesnowkiwi:

imageVieve831:

High five Sister! I'm all for losing the baby weight (and trust me I put enough for three people.. check out my ticker below) but not if it means nannying up and being inaccessible to my LO. Props to those people who just have a magic metabolism but shame on you to the narcissistic types that ditch their parenting responsibilities to hide in a gym or tanning bed all day. Boo.

• imagebeedawn:

Two words: photo shop. I like to tell myself that anyways! Most celebrities hire nannies to basically raise their children though, so I'm sure they have a lot of free time on their hands to work out and get a lot of sleep.  

Have you seen this video about that? My friend posted it on facebook and I thought it was funny

• imagesnowkiwi:

imageVieve831:

I was oblivious to the existence of this Facebook group (and I've been on this board since April) and I thought what they did was neither funny nor entertaining. Especially now - our time is way more valuable now that we have newborns to take care of and I thought it was pathetic how they thought it would be funny to infiltrate our board and make a mess of things. 

I went to a baby music class the other day - it was for babies 0-4 months and all the moms had fluffy stomachs - that made me feel a LOT better about myself!!

• imageSporkmoostipe:

The crazy posts made me feel like the fat band kid (in full uniform, big fuzzy hat included) with the wrap around retainer and the acne walking around with my tuba in the cafeteria trying to sit with the cool kids and somebody flipping my tray of my cream cheese and jelly sandwich.

I was part of the FB group. But much like here, I mostly lurk and generally enjoy reading people's opinions and experiences. However, when the FB group started counting posts (yes, they went through and tallied how many posts each person posted and when) and threatening to kick people out who didn't "post enough", I left on my own. 

• imagebaileyrayvalentine:
    imagesnowkiwi:

imageVieve831:

I was oblivious to the existence of this Facebook group (and I've been on this board since April) and I thought what they did was neither funny nor entertaining. Especially now - our time is way more valuable now that we have newborns to take care of and I thought it was pathetic how they thought it would be funny to infiltrate our board and make a mess of things. 

I went to a baby music class the other day - it was for babies 0-4 months and all the moms had fluffy stomachs - that made me feel a LOT better about myself!!

I like that, I call mine the Bubblegum-gut

"Read the books, don
  • imageSporkmoostipe:

So, my opinion: I really like Rachael Ray but I don't understand why people freaking cheer when she adds parmasean cheese to dishes. Seriously people, it's cheese, not gold. 

Cheese=Gold

• imagejburdet1:
    imageSporkmoostipe:

Cheese=Gold

Cheese > Gold 

• imagePBP2002:
    imageSporkmoostipe:

I was part of the FB group. But much like here, I mostly lurk and generally enjoy reading people's opinions and experiences. However, when the FB group started counting posts (yes, they went through and tallied how many posts each person posted and when) and threatening to kick people out who didn't "post enough", I left on my own. 

hello haterville.

• Yeah, I thought the facebook thing was pretty obnoxious. I agree that they took the drama with them when they left. I was never one to be cliquey so they can keep they puppies and rainbows. Did anyone lurk at the Oct. Board? They were cracking me up with their responses to the posts.Mine,I cannot stand the celebrity antics of Beyonce and JayZ. Really, shutting down the whole unit for your baby's birth? And who names their baby Blue?
  • imagePBP2002:
    imageSporkmoostipe:

I didn't participate in the posting last week, but I am a part of the facebook group. You are sharing partial information--the group selected to get rid of inactive participants because the group was getting closer and closer, and sharing some pretty private stuff. It wasn't to be petty or a popularity contest, but to keep people comfortable posting. The intention of the FB group in the first place was to allow the women to get to know each other better--it wasn't really meant to be a place for lurkers. If you are going to call the group out, at least present accurate information. 

• imagerachaelski:
    imagePBP2002:
    imageSporkmoostipe:

I didn't participate in the posting last week, but I am a part of the facebook group. You are sharing partial information--the group selected to get rid of inactive participants because the group was getting closer and closer, and sharing some pretty private stuff. It wasn't to be petty or a popularity contest, but to keep people comfortable posting. The intention of the FB group in the first place was to allow the women to get to know each other better--it wasn't really meant to be a place for lurkers. If you are going to call the group out, at least present accurate information. 

And this is where I would click "like" if we were on FB 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with everything  rachaelski said!!!

imagerachaelski:
    imagePBP2002:
    imageSporkmoostipe:

• I thought the FB posts were pretty funny and I actually liked some of the more humurous posts, but I agree that it felt very clique-ish and the b-word call to Janimal was just mean and completely uncalled for. It was nice to see some of the old timers come back, if only for a day and hear about their LOs.  It did seem ironic that they left because of drama, yet came back to start drama. 

Toddler Turtle - November 2011
    Baby Turtle - November 2014

• imageLurkieLoo:
    imagerachaelski:
    imagePBP2002:
    imageSporkmoostipe:

And this is where I would click "like" if we were on FB 

LIKE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We werent trying to start Drama. To be honest, we noticed the board was starting to get a little slow, and we were trying to give it a fun "pick-me-up."

In the words of slim shady;
    Why would I wanna destroy something I helped build, It wasn't my intentions, my intentions were good. I went through my whole career with out ever mentioning IRL.
    And that's just outta respect for not running my mouth. And talking about something that I knew nothing about.

Plus Dre told me stay out, just wasn't my beef, So I did
    I just fell back, watched and gritted my teeth:)

BOOM.

• To be clear though, I don't think that most of us left because of drama.  I honestly don't recall much drama other than some things that were said by one particular old member of this board to 2 particular ladies.  We left because its simply easier to communicate on FB and we are able to talk about some private things without it being seen by the whole world potentially.  Also, the group wasn't a ask to join type thing in the beginning- it was open to everyone who was on the board at the time.  I know I PM'd the group leader and was given a link to sign up.  Eventually, like Rachael said, we did slim down the group to remove members who didn't post since we were posting very private stuff, but it was only a handful of people and those people NEVER posted.  It wasn't like "oh you only post on weekends so you get the ax" 

I do apologize for any posts that I personally posted on the "take back the bump day" or whatever you want to call it.  It was supposed to be all in good fun and no way meant to be a mockery of you current board regulars.  Most of the posts were just mocking some of the more memorable (stupid) posts we've seen people post about on thebump from time to time- babies eating junk food at a few weeks old, OMG I'm pregnant already posts (not that that is stupid if thats your plan)... silly stuff.  It was meant to entertain EVERYONE.  

• To be clear though, I don't think that most of us left because of drama.  I honestly don't recall much drama other than some things that were said by one particular old member of this board to 2 particular ladies.  We left because its simply easier to communicate on FB and we are able to talk about some private things without it being seen by the whole world potentially.  Also, the group wasn't a ask to join type thing in the beginning- it was open to everyone who was on the board at the time.  I know I PM'd the group leader and was given a link to sign up.  Eventually, like Rachael said, we did slim down the group to remove members who didn't post since we were posting very private stuff, but it was only a handful of people and those people NEVER posted.  It wasn't like "oh you only post on weekends so you get the ax" 

I do apologize for any posts that I personally posted on the "take back the bump day" or whatever you want to call it.  It was supposed to be all in good fun and no way meant to be a mockery of you current board regulars.  Most of the posts were just mocking some of the more memorable (stupid) posts we've seen people post about on thebump from time to time- babies eating junk food at a few weeks old, OMG I'm pregnant already posts (not that that is stupid if thats your plan)... silly stuff.  It was meant to entertain EVERYONE.  

• Hmmm, looks like the facebook girls who hate drama and lurking on their page sure are lurking on our board to try and start more drama. Just go away. You guys shouldn't get to come on here if you never have any useful info to add in our conversations.
  • imagesarahjames9:
    Hmmm, looks like the facebook girls who hate drama and lurking on their page sure are lurking on our board to try and start more drama. Just go away. You guys shouldn't get to come on here if you never have any useful info to add in our conversations.

This!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagerachaelski:
    imagePBP2002:
    imageSporkmoostipe:

Exactly what rachaelski said. Everyone was given the opportunity to join by PMing, I believe, HokieLaw. I followed directions, joined the group, and participated. Sorry to those who didn't make it. As was said before, it wasn't a popularity contest.

Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

• I was absolutely annoyed last week with the stupid posts...I don't come to this board to hear made up bull****, I come because I find alot of useful information about taking care of my daughter and it seems that when I really need advice someone else is already going through the same situation.  

I didn't join the board until late April because unlike many of the original posters I didn't know I was pregnant for 10 weeks.  Anyways, if any of the "band geeks" (myself including) would like to join the November/December facebook group that someone made the last few weeks of my pregnancy (I know some of you are already a part of) then feel free to click on the link below!  Also, I will include a facebook group for pumpers and BFers that someone just made last night (also from the Bump.)

Birth Month Facebook Link: www.facebook.com/groups/266474720065375/

EP/EBF Link: www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826

**Sorry if they aren't clicky!  

• I'm a member of the FB group, and I didn't participate last week but I do know that those who did, in no way, meant to belittle any regular posters here.  They were just being silly and having a good time.  Also, as stated by prior posters, the group was open to everyone in the beginning and the people who were "cut" never posted.  We share intensely personal details about our lives there, and none of us wanted lurkers especially when we post things about our children.  I wouldn't participate in a group that is mean-spirited. 
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageemandbry522:
    imagerachaelski:
    imagePBP2002:
    imageSporkmoostipe:

Exactly what rachaelski said. Everyone was given the opportunity to join by PMing, I believe, HokieLaw. I followed directions, joined the group, and participated. Sorry to those who didn't make it. As was said before, it wasn't a popularity contest.

Seriously..."it wasn't meant to be" who the hell says that on a public forum.  If the "plastics" would get off their high horses, they would realize that the regulars have grown alot closer since the summer; some of us have even met in person!  Go back to your dumb facebook group and continue sharing your "private information." 

• FWIW, the bump and all groups is a public forum, whereas the facebook group is not.  Do you honestly even know if everyone that posts on here truly did have a baby or is just saying they did.  You seem to have formed your own "clique" as well.   Everyone that has been a part of this group had the opportunity to be a part of the Facebook group.  If  you did or did not choose to be a part of the group at that point, then that was solely your choice.  Also, there is at least one other Facebook group that has spawned off of this site. Things are far more personal when you involve Facebook as you can see everything on your profile. 

With that said, it was never intended to cause drama or insult anyone, nor did I post on any of them.  (I cannot speak for the one direct post, that I was not a part of in any way)  There were those that posted about how the posts made them laugh on a bad day.  If it was, we all apologize.  It was in good humor.  The only drama that was started was today. Finally, you do not know who still continues to look through the board and participate, or participate on other boards on the bump.  Sorry if we upset your little hearts and "ruined" the board for a day.  Last I checked, you can choose which posts to read or not read :)

Go back to your perfect little world, we'll be back another day!

• Really? Start more drama? Because from what I've seen, people have only been apologetic, telling the full story of certain situations, or explaining the intentions of last week's posting spree. It was all in good fun, nothing to get worked up about.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesarahjames9:
    Hmmm, looks like the facebook girls who hate drama and lurking on their page sure are lurking on our board to try and start more drama. Just go away. You guys shouldn't get to come on here if you never have any useful info to add in our conversations.

FWIW, I've been lurking and sometimes posting for a while. I check in on the ladies who were around since the page was created. I've also posted albeit infrequently, about AP-type parenting stuff and BFing. 

• imageashleylach:
    imageemandbry522:
    imagerachaelski:
    imagePBP2002:
    imageSporkmoostipe:

Seriously..."it wasn't meant to be" who the hell says that on a public forum.  If the "plastics" would get off their high horses, they would realize that the regulars have grown alot closer since the summer; some of us have even met in person!  Go back to your dumb facebook group and continue sharing your "private information." 

jealous much?

• HI!  I just wanted to say something.  Yes, I was one of the people who was to be PMed to gain entry to the group.  There was also one other lady who was in charge of adding members.

Snowkiwi - On June 28, 2011, I told you how to join the group in a PM.  If you didn't join, it was because you didn't click the link I sent and request to join because EVERY SINGLE person who requested to join was added. 

Vieve831: I never received a PM from you which means either you didn't PM the right person or you PMed the other lady in charge.  However, she also sent the link to everyone who PMed her.  SO, perhaps you PMed the wrong person.

When we came back last week it was all in good fun.  I think a few members of this board later posted that they had had horrible days and that seeing our posts and LAUGHING made them feel so much better.  What's a world without laughter?  And did it really take so much of your precious time to read an outrageous post and then decide "This is so MUD" and not comment on it?  Or did you HAVE to comment on it?  You made the decision to waste your time.  We did not.  All we did was post to have some fun, liven up this board and say hi.  Nothing malicious about it.  We took some of our favorite posts that we've seen on the bump and posted them in funny ways because, let's face it, we've all seen someone ask if it's ok to give a 3 week old solids. 

And we did get rid of some members of the facebook group because they didn't post.  We've also all shared our phone numbers and addresses and personal information with the group - things I would not want any lurker to see.  It's a group of friends now.  It may have started as a group of November moms from the bump but now the group is full of friends.  None of us left because of drama.  We left because we were more comfortable posting in a controlled environment that wasn't accessible to every person in the world. 

Visit My Twin Life 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"