July 2012 Moms

What's the most annoying question people ask you?

People keep asking me "Are you excited?" What is the appropriate answer to this besides yes? Plus I feel like I should sound super excited as I say this, but since so many people ask it, I don't really sound excited anymore.
GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14

Re: What's the most annoying question people ask you?

• Are you going to abort your baby if your NT results are abnormal? 

Kidding. Too soon? 

• "Oh, July - aren't you worried it's going to be so hot?" July is hot?? What???? My planning sucks!

"Is it a boy or a girl?" (when I was 6 or 7 weeks pregnant)

"Is your husband excited?" No, he's miserable actually, I tricked him into this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageapollonia10:

"Oh, July - aren't you worried it's going to be so hot?" July is hot?? What???? My planning sucks!

"Is your husband excited?" No, he's miserable actually, I tricked him into this.

Omg! I almost just PMP over that last one! Luv it!!
    Loving life's blessings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageimageimage
  • Why aren't you showing yet??

Is husband excited, what about the rest of your family??

How did everyone take the news

• While someone's kids are acting up, they ask us....Are you ready for this? 

Well, I guess we'd better be, right?!! I just want to play stupid and say....OMG, are kids really like that?? I thought it was going to be all rainbows and butterflies!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageapollonia10:

"Oh, July - aren't you worried it's going to be so hot?" July is hot?? What???? My planning sucks!

This made me laugh out loud! I agree with all of these in addition to: "Was it planned?" or "Were you trying?"  

Married 7.12.08 | Our first blessing arrived 7.19.12 | #1's BFP Chart  
    Expecting our second little blessing 1.6.15 | #2's BFP Chart

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are you taking your vitamins?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTheBug16:
    Are you taking your vitamins?

My MIL keeps asking me that - yesterday she asked if I'd ever heard of something called "folic acid..."

Pregnancy Ticker
  • "Have you gained any weight yet?"

Since when is it ok to ask a lady about her weight??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Agreed with the previous posts about excitement, my husband, the gender.

Also, I know I am lucky to have not suffered any m/s, but I am done answering "How are you feeling? Nauseous?" and when I respond "No, not at all...some aversions but not sick." I get a "well maybe it hasn't hit yet." Um, I am 13 weeks, don't think I am going to get it...

I am also done with "What are you plans for work?" 1- it's really not your business and 2- when I tell you I am going to go back to work when the baby is 4.5 months, don't try to convince me to stay home or have my mom watch the baby. Thank you.

• We're having twins and the first question I get is "do twins run in your family?" They don't, we were on clomid and I get really tired of explaning that all the time.  And then the "advice" everyone wants to offer, that gets really annoying.  First of all everyone's pregnancy and experience is different, and on top of that, I'm having twins, I'm pretty sure that means my experience will be quite a bit different from most.
    DSC_0011MOD
    Married since June 2010
    TTC #1 since 04/2011
    3 abnormal PAPs and 2 colpo/biopsy since 09/2009
    LEEP 05/2011
    ASCUS PAP 08/2011 which means no PAP for 6 months!! YAY!!
    BFP 11/6/11!! EDD: 7/15/12
    1st u/s 11/21/11: TWINS!
    16 wks 1/30/12: BOY and GIRL!
    Schedualed c-section for 7/2/12 38wks 1day
    Went into labor 6/25/12 37wks 1day. Delivered two healthy babies
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • It's not a question, but I get it a lot and it annoys me so much.

"If this one is a boy, then your family will be complete."  No.  DH and I wanted 2 so whatever comes out of there will complete my family, I don't care if it's a monkey.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • "How are you feeling?"

Some people are trying to show concern, others are just nosy.  I've gotten the hot in July question too.  That's why central air was invented. 

• 1.  Were you trying?  (my question back -why does this matter to you?)

2.  Do you know what it is?  (let's see, I just told you I was 8 weeks pregnant - are you stupid my NURSE friend? -now i'm 13.5 weeks, but still)

3. (not a question) - OMG you're due in JULY???  woooow, going to be REALLY hot going into the summer.  **I LIVE IN MIAMI - IT'S 85 DEGREES IN THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER - REALLY???? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't had too many annoying ones, I'm lucky. But I guess the one I've been getting is "Oooh, July....you know it will be really hot right?" Nooooo...I've never been awake during the summer months .. no idea it got up to 80-90 sometimes...

Not that we planned based on the season, but I'm thankful that I'm not going to be 9 months prego in the freezing cold when I could slip and fall any moment.  I'll take sunny skies and sundresses any day :)

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

• Are they natural?  

How do you answer that one?  They're not extra-terrestrial if that's what you're asking :) I don't really feel like telling the world that I took Clomid.   I've started to say that they run in my family distantly.  It's sort of true because my husband's grandfather was a twin (except the father's history has nothing to do with conceiving twins), and it stops that line of questioning.

Photobucket Expecting #3/4 after a long battle with infertility. Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • "Do you want a boy or girl?" When I respond with I'd love to have another girl but would be happy with a boy. They say "well you NEED a boy because you already have a girl." My MIL says I need a boy so he can tug at my heart and he can be a momma's boy. Sorry MIL, I'm not you and if I had a boy by the time he left my house he'd know how to cook and do his own laundry. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I get are you excited a lot and I hate it.

I also have been asked if its planned. 

• Lol - I definitely get the "Do you know what you're having?" questions, and have been getting it since I started to tell family around 6 weeks.  Seriously?  Coming from women who have had babies.  I just don't get it.
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • How does DD feel about all of this? Well honestly, she is two so I don't really think she gets it at all.

Is this your last one? I have no clue. We haven't thought that far ahead.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Lol - I definitely get the "Do you know what you're having?" questions, and have been getting it since I started to tell family around 6 weeks.  Seriously?  Coming from women who have had babies.  I just don't get it.  And yes, its really hard to sound excited when you are being asked if you are excited for the 50th time.
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • "Aren't you afraid to go into labor/give birth?"  No I think it will be like butterfly's flying out of my a**!  Of course I'm scared!  
  • I keep getting, "When do you get to find out what it is?!"

Uuhhh, it's a baby, and if you're talking about the sex, we don't want to "find out."  Yes, I know that's shocking to you, but we'll learn the sex when the baby is born.

• I work 3rd shift and I get I don't know how you do it. Well don't have a choice. Also your not sick at all. Nope my mom mil and my sister never had ms either so I count myself lucky.
    BabyFruit Ticker Melissa&Kenny 10/21/06
  • Add me to the "were you trying" group. Also:

"Twins?!  Wow, what are you going to do??" We thought we'd pick the cutest and send the other one back, duh...

"Was it IVF?" (From complete strangers!) No, it wasn't, but WTH does it matter if it was?? 

"Oh if it's a boy and a girl, you're done!" Thanks, I didn't know you were in charge of the usage of my uterus. 

The worst for me was a coworker who asked me just about every time I saw him what I was going to do about work if I didn't stop getting sick. First off, can I just give this some time to see if it passes like most women? Second, yes I was puking constantly at work for close to three months, but don't you think I'm freaking out on my own enough without you pestering me about what's going to happen every other day??? 

Those are fairly tame compared to some of the things the rest of you ladies deal with!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 6/25/10**TTC #1 July 2011**BFP 11/1/11**EDD 7/11/12**U/S shows TWINS!!! 11/30/11
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Fraternal girls born at 35+4. Slow down baby girls!!
  • When asked "do you know what you're having?" I say (with my biggest, most dazzling smile) "a baby!"  If you say it with super sincerity they often don't go further.

I think the other ones I get most frequently are:

are you excited?

Was it planned?

Are you going to find out the sex?

I think asking if we're going to find out the sex is the only somewhat legit question in the bunch.  I seriously side-eye people who ask if it's planned.  Like, for reals?  My immediate impulse is to ask "Were you?"

• It has to be were you trying. 

We actually had my husbands Grandma's home nurse ask us if it was a surprise and without waiting for my answer she told me we should consider a better birth control because obviously what we were using failed. 

• Today someone said to me "oh I bet you saw (coworker) with her new baby girl and it made you want one!"

Yes. my husband & I base our family planning decisions on what a chick I work with does. Also, we had never considered the thought of having children until we saw her with one.

yeesh. 

• Lots of -do twins run in your family?

Was it natural or was it science? (Seriously, this was so personal that very few members of my family know about our IF journey, so I'll be dam*ed if I tell a coworker about it)

Also, any question that puts a negative spin on the pregnancy:

how are you going to handle two?  you poor thing!

Are you sleeping a lot now?  followed by lots of laughter.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"