Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Implanon?

Anyone have experience with Implanon as a form of BC? Just curious if you liked it and what your experience was.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Implanon?

• I had it for about 5 years before I got pregnant and loved it! Insertion is uncomfortable but not too bad. They numb your arm before, but if you're a weeny like me I do highly recommend looking the other way while they put it in. It was sore for about 3 days afterward and I had a huge bruise (especially the first one I got) but after that I never had to think about it again for three years. I didn't have a period while on it which was kind of weird at first but I have PCOS and never had a normal cycle anyway so that may be why. After I got it out my cycle came back quickly and I was pregnant within 4 months. I didn't have any other side effects from it. I do have some tiny little scars on my arm from having it in and out but they are really small and faded to skin color.  I plan to get another one as soon as I'm done breast feeding (no really studies with it and breast feeding yet or I would get it now)  I would definitely recommend it. Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • I got it 6 weeks after I had my daughter not to painful but I am breast feeding and I have had no problems with it yet ie reducing my milk supply. I couldn't tell you how effective it is since dh and I haven't had sex yet but it seems pretty hassle free. I did get my period already though some women will get no period at all and some will have breakthrough bleeding for weeks at a time. HTH!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! I think I am definitely getting this. I read it has a good history of use in Europe and is more effective than surgical sterilization, and my OB said it would not impact my milk supply. Yay!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love mine! Had it put in about 6 weeks ago and only had 1 period that lasted about 9 days.  so far that is the only drawback but i am still loving it! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"