March 2012 Moms

What do you most look forward to eating/drinking?

March is almost here, which means that in addition to having your cuddly bundle in your arms you can also say bye bye to many if not all of the pregnancy dietary restriction (with some carrying over for those breastfeeding). So what are you most looking forward to eating or drinking and how soon after delivery do you plan to wait to have it?

Personally, I'm looking forward to a pile of raw sushi, and I'm not saying DH has to have it in the recovery room, but the hospital has already told us that their food sucks, and our favorite sushi restaurant just happens to be down the street. SO, you know, DH might want to consider picking some up.

BabyFetus Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What do you most look forward to eating/drinking?

• I got a gift certificate for a great sushi restaurant that I intend to use ASAP after Ethan is born...and I fully intend to have a martini along with it! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sushi for me too, I miss it SOOO much.  And a small glass of Merlot at night.
  • Loading the player...
  • cookie dough and wine! Even if I can't have wine that often (BFing). And turkey sandwiches! I would kill for a good turkey sandwich right now. Unfortunately, I do not trust the lunch meat from my local grocery store or Subway.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• A giant plate of lightly seared ahi tuna and a glass of red velvet cupcake wine the size of my head.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Wine!!  And right away.  Perhaps right after delivery :-)
  • imagesalt78:
    A giant plate of lightly seared ahi tuna and a glass of red velvet cupcake wine the size of my head.

Now that sounds tasty

BabyFetus Ticker

• I can't decide if I want a mojito or a Mai Tai as my first drink.  Maybe both?  And lots of coffee.  Can't wait!
  • I bought some wine on our babymoon and I'm excited to have more than just a taste.  And a pint of Guinness!!!  If she's here by St. Patrick's day I'll be having one that day for sure!!!
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Sushi and wine. And I mean a bottle of wine. I have been indulging in a glass of my favorite red here and there but I sooo miss having a few large glasses :)

My list has a lot of alcohol on it... Craft beer, a dirty martini (Kettle One vodka with blue cheese stuffed olives), Margaritas (once it is warm again), and a White Russian! 

• imagepsychgirl33:
    I bought some wine on our babymoon and I'm excited to have more than just a taste.  And a pint of Guinness!!!  If she's here by St. Patrick's day I'll be having one that day for sure!!!

I would also love the celebrat St. Patrick's day with a nice cold beer :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • A pitcher of Coors Light all to myself.
    Working, Breastfeeding, Unmedicated Birthing Mother of Two.
  • My list for DH so far is:  sushi, a turkey sandwich (I've really stuck by the no cold cuts rule!), a med rare burger, and wine.  I stress that this is SO FAR...more to come!!

How funny that all us March Mommies love sushi!! 

• A medium rare steak with blue cheese and a glass of wine!  I told my husband that he is lighting up the grill when I get home....even if there is snow on the ground!

What are the food restricitions if you breastfeed?!?! 

• imagevcukoko82:

A medium rare steak with blue cheese and a glass of wine!  I told my husband that he is lighting up the grill when I get home....even if there is snow on the ground!

I think it's mostly alcohol; although I've heard about being careful with gaseous foods. Don't know if that's true or not.

BabyFetus Ticker

• I have GD, so my diet has been really restricted this pregnancy.  I can't wait to have pizza again (and pasta, I love Italian food)!  And a nice medium-rare steak.  I really miss coffee and wine, and I want to go out and have a giant margarita ASAP.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • This is weird and different from everyone else's, but I'm really looking forward to going back to being a vegetarian.  It's been interesting (and easier, honestly) to eat meat during this pregnancy, but I miss my old diet and how I felt on it.
  • My DH has my sushi order already, and we told our favorite sushi chef we would be calling - I just hope our LO does not arrive on a Thursday...our favorite chef is off on that day.  Oh, and I miss my pinot noir, Guinness, and a medium rare steak.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • A frosted pint glass of super cold Miller Light...hopefully cold enough to get the beer iceberg in it. 

Glass of Champagne

Glass of ice cold wine the size of my head.  In the beginning I would steal a sip here and there...but now i am at the point where a little taste does nothing for me.  I need the whole bottle.

I was concerned about my must have after delivery list and breast feeding.  And a friend told me that since your milk doesn't come in for a few days and the colostrum is already ready to go...a post-delivery cocktail is totally fine for the babes.  I haven't checked this info with a medical professional yet but I am excited at the prospect!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was really eying the Michelob Ultra everyone was drinking while watching football the other day. I miss my beer soooo much! And sushi, definitely sushi! I've been supplementing these cravings with O'Doul's and imitation crab meat. DEFINITELY not the same! Lol.
  • I want a martini- or a beer.  I honestly was craving a bud light lime the other day :( boo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedigwriter:
    imagevcukoko82:

A medium rare steak with blue cheese and a glass of wine!  I told my husband that he is lighting up the grill when I get home....even if there is snow on the ground!

I think it's mostly alcohol; although I've heard about being careful with gaseous foods. Don't know if that's true or not.

https://www.easybabylife.com/support-files/foodswhilebreastfeedingcheatsheet.pdf

Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• I don't drink too much but I'm DYING for a cocktail... probably a margarita on the rocks. Yummmm. And a medium steak. DH told me as soon as I have the baby and am ready, he'll take me out for drinks. I can't wait!

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

• Wine! Cookie dough! Eggnog! A jack and coke!!!
  • A tropical sunrise margarita. Cant stinking wait!
    Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Craft beers/medium Rare Steaks/ Soft Cheese and Lunch Meat( I miss boar's head meat).

I probably will ask DH to bring me a Turkey Sandwich made with Boar's Head Deli Meat after delivery! 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm on the sushi train too.  That and some good hard apple cider.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • This thread makes me smile.

It's also making me realize how hammered I'm probably going to be after one glass of wine. This is the longest I've gone without an alcoholic beverage since I was like 15. (Soooo almost 20 years ago.)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am looking forward to a margarita from this one restaurant.  The day we told my family I had everyone meet there.  I told them that I was craving a margarita since we had been out of town for a while.  Of course I couldn't drink, but I knew it was the only way to get everyone in one place.

I am also thinking about having my parents or sisters bring me a nice cold beer while I'm in the hospital especially if I'm there over St. Patty's day.  Whoever mentioned the ice cold miller light in a frosty mug at me salivating. 

Food wise I can't really think of anything except I am looking forward to enjoying my food without having to worry about the heartburn!!

• We should do a virtual cocktail party post after all of the LOs have arrived. lol Everyone posts a picture of themselves drinking the beverage they've been dying to have.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• imagesalt78:
    A giant plate of lightly seared ahi tuna and a glass of red velvet cupcake wine the size of my head.

That seared ahi tuna sounds so good right now!

I can not wait for RAW everything; clams, oysters, tuna, salmon...and a moo'ing steak :)

• I want a big glass of orange juice and a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting. 
    I have GD and can't wait for this to be over!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • An Italian hoagie from our favorite sandwich place and a glass of beer. I'm hoping I can get my hands on a Sam Adams Summer Ale, but I think it might be too early for that one. If that's the case, then I'll probably go with Magic Hat #9.
    "Go Phils"
    Norah Elizabeth - 3.19.12
  • Sushi!! Our favorite sushi place is 5 minutes from the hospital and the guy who owns it is giving me whatever I want for my special baby delivery gift from him! Alaskan Pipe Roll, Las Vegas Roll and anything else with spicy tuna...here I come!!!
  • Sushi and wine.  I do believe I will be sending DH to get sushi for me while I'm in the hospital and possibly attempting smuggle some wine in for after delivery.  CAN'T WAIT!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • imagesalt78:

This thread makes me smile.

It's also making me realize how hammered I'm probably going to be after one glass of wine. This is the longest I've gone without an alcoholic beverage since I was like 15. (Soooo almost 20 years ago.)

Ditto to this!! I'm known as a bit of a drinker in my crowd...all of the guys were at our house for the FF draft before we were telling everyone I was KU and I literally had to hide up in our bedroom b/c I knew if they saw me not drinking I would so get called out!!!  

I must say I also miss beer, especially during Football Sundays!!  At least BGD is due close to baseball season - back to Fenway for franks and beers!!! 

• Seven Layer(Rainbow) Cookies (I have GD)....Sushi.....and a Yummy Mojito or Sangria!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageKrsCrp83:
    Sushi and wine.  I do believe I will be sending DH to get sushi for me while I'm in the hospital and possibly attempting smuggle some wine in for after delivery.  CAN'T WAIT!

Sadly (possibly) one of my questions on the hospital tour was about wine post delivery. Luckily they answered it without anyone having to ask so it must be common! It is absolutely allowed in our hospital/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"