1st Trimester

How long did it take you to conceive??

Just wondering how long it took you to conceive this time and if this is not your first your other pregnancies??

Re: How long did it take you to conceive??

• My first pregnancy, it happened right away, right after we got marred (seriously, we'd been married for 3.5 weeks--I'd had AF right before the wedding!). Unfortunately, that wasn't a very sticky baby... Sad

This pregnancy actually took 2 cycles...the first cycle, we just went at it and apparently had bad timing. This last cycle, I started paying attention to my cervix, and apparently had great timing!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2nd pregnancy and it took a month of really trying.
  • Loading the player...
  • 6 losses and 15 cycles
  • With #1 4 months of actively charting

With #2 we werent preventing for 4 months then started charting and got preggo the 1st try 

• Both this pregnancy and LO's happened on our first "try" 

• imagePepperStick:

Both this pregnancy and LO's happened on our first "try" 

Us as well. I thank God for how blessed we are to be (so) fertile.  

Lucas Edward | Aiden Anthony
                07.30.10          08.17.12           
  • First cycle with DS, third cycle with this LO.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." - Jack Layton

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 12/26/11 ~ EDD 9/6/12 ~ MMC discovered on 1/27/12 @ 8w1d (measured 6w2d)

BFP #3 8/10/12 ~ EDD 4/23/13 ~ MMC discovered on 9/13/12 @ 8w2d (measured 6w6d)
  • First cycle with DS.

Twenty months with this one, but it was only about 12 cycles. (I lost count.) 

BFP 1/6/12 TTC#2 since June 2010 Diagnosed PCOS and started Metformin December 2011 BabyFruit Ticker DS1 - Jack 9/28/08 Birth Doula and ICAN Leader
  • 16 months, this is our first.
  • One week after we got married and the first time we "forgot" to use protection.  A very welcomed surprise.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • 8 months. 7 of which I used ovulation sticks. It was a lot tougher than I thought it would be.
  • #1 - 1 cycle

#2 - 2 cycles

• 10 months.. we weren't really "trying" but we weren't not trying either.. It was a happy surprise
  • It happened on our 12th cycle. It was an IUI cycle with Clomid + Gonal-F injections.
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • 7 cycles.
  • Our first pg took us 10 cycles.  This one took us 4. 

*Here's to hoping it's sticky!*

• My first pregnancy was an unplanned surprise, so I wasn't calculating anything. This pregnancy, I stopped BCPs in September and finally have a BFP in January. I'm hypothyroid so I've only had 3 periods since then, so it took approximately 3 cycles, this would have been cycle 4.
  • With my first we weren't trying.. actual we were preventing. This time it took us 9 months.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • We had an oops pregnancy in 2010 (I was on the pill and we used condoms so I can't say timing wise how valid it is) but miscarried at 13 weeks-no known cause/natural miscarriage.

This one took 3 months (we actually were planning on taking a few months off to get in some climbing and a few marathons before trying again...but I ovulated on CD12 instead of CD19, and we thought we had another day of two before the condoms came out of the drawer...guess not)! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 2 years, and this is my first. We finally had to do IVF after a solid year of failed treatments.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• #1 and #2 we just were letting things happen. Condoms sometimes, nothing other times. Not trying, but not preventing. (#2 ended up being a c/p)

This time we tried for 4 months/cycles right after my c/p. Didn't start charting until the last month.

DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • With DS it took us a year of trying and 8 cycles of charting to get pregnant.  To be honest I have no clue why because...

This baby was a complete accident!  We only had sex once without a condom in the month of November, and here we are!  Obviously something else might have been at work here...and we feel extremely blessed. Surprised, but blessed. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Happened on the 4th cycle(month) for DD and the 2nd cycle(month) for this little one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Father's Day at the beach 2014 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Our first was a happy surprise, this one took 3 months.
    BabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• i was on birth control and taking it perfectly, im saying perfect b/c i get out of work every night at 10pm and i took it on the dot. but my body must have some really potent eggs and here i am, 13 weeks along. it did happen 2 weeks after our wedding though.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • #1: 2 cycles

#2 (m/c): 1 cycle

#3: 8 cycles 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is our first and it took us 6 cycles.
  • 3 months, each time (with my ds and this pregnancy)
  • This is our first pregnancy, and it took about 2 cycles. It felt like longer though, since both cycles were about five weeks long. Still, we've been extremely lucky so far!
  • #1 - right away but ended in miscarriage

#2 - right away

basically had sex every other day for a week around the time I knew I'd be ovulating.  worked like a charm. 

• I've been pregnant 3 times and all 3 times got pregnant on the first month trying. My 2nd pregnancy ended in a chemical pregnancy.
  • #1 :  got pregnant while taking BCP after six months of marriage

#2: 1st cycle DH was gone for the month but apparently my trip to see him for the weekend was great timing.

• DD- 2 years 3 mo.

This baby- 1 sexual encounter.

We were TTC, but shocked & excited it happened so fast this time.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • This is #1 for us.  It took 18 cycles, which included 3 IUIs and 1 IVF.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• 2nd month for us
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • #1- 3 months

#2- 2 weeks

#3- 3 months

C- November 2007 E- December 2009 K-August 2012
  • We were blessed to get pregnant the 2nd month after being off of bc. Unfortunately, that ended in a miscarriage. But, now I'm pregnant again, right after the miscarriage w/o a period. God had truly blessed us.
  • 1. 2 month

2. 1 month

3. Suprise on birth control ended in m/c

4. One months got my bfp 28 days after the first day of my m/c 

• I had an unplanned pregnancy with ds

This time I finally got pg on cycle 34

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog