Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

What is your 18 m nap schedule

My 18 month old gets about 10 1/2 to 11 hours of sleep each night.  He then goes down from 10:30am to 12:30pm and then again from 4pm to 5pm.

I am thinking this is too much for someone his age.  But he doesnt fight the nap and loves sleeping!

Would love to hear what your lo does.

Re: What is your 18 m nap schedule

• Not quite 18m yet, but DD sleeps from approximately 8pm-7am (later on the weekends when we dont have to be up at any certain time) and takes one nap around noon that lasts anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 and a half hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine sleeps about 10 1/2 to 11 hours at night.  In bed by 7:30pm wakes between 5-6am.  And he usually sleeps about 1.5-2 hours for his nap(s).  We are trying to get him to nap around 11 am for one nap because i've noticed if he takes a late afternoon nap (after 3) he's super cranky for the rest of the evening.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD isn't yet 18 months, but she goes to bed around 7:30 and gets up around 7. (So that's 12 hours of sleep at night)

She does 1 nap at 1:30 pm and it's anywhere from 45 to 2 hours.

• DD is 19mo old. She sleeps from 8-5 at night (9 hours Confused) and takes 2 naps during the day, usually 830-930 and 130-300. This is the most she's ever slept!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DD is 23 months but at 18 months she was on pretty much the same schedule. She is in bed by 7:00pm and wakes up between 7-7:30am. She did and still does take one nap around 12:30, 1:00ish and sleeps until about 4:00pm. This girl loves her sleep just like momma! Smile
  • we have been at 1 nap for a while.  In bed around 6:30-6:45.  Asleep 7-7.  Nap 12-2ish.  Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter depending on if she has problems sleeping due to teeth.

Generally kids around 18M are down to 1 nap, 2-3 hours.  Maybe make the morning nap start later to skip the afternoon nap. 

• Hmmmm. LO is very cranky when he wakes up from his afternoon nap until about 7:30pm when he finally wants to have some fun but then his bed time is 8:30/9ish. I wonder if there is something to this no late day nap??!! Thank you for your insight!
  • So how do you make plans in the afternoon when LO takes her much needed nap?? 
  • not 18m yet but she naps from 12:30 - 2:30 every day, give or take.  And her night time sleep is 8:30pm - 8:30am.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My twins sleep from about 8pm to 7am and then go down for an afternnon nap between 1 and 2pm and sleep 2 hours, sometimes 3 if I'm extremely lucky.  I make sure to get them up by 5pm so that they'll be ready to go back to bed by 8pm. 

If there's any errands that need to be run, they need to be done prior to 12:30 or 1pm so they can have lunch and go down for a nap.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Mine sleep from 8:00-6:00 or 7:00. They name at daycare from 11:30-1:30+. My pedi told me that 18 months is the average age to drop down to one nap. I'm so glad we finally. It was stressful to try to coordinate 2 babies and 2 naps. My whole day was unpredictable. I can't go out to lunch very easily with them, but ill take the trade-off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"