Toddlers: 24 Months+

treats for potty training

What types of treats or prizes do yall use when you are potty training? I dont really want to use candy but im not really sure what else is small like bite size that i could give him. I have aslo tought about stickers.

Any suggestions?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker

Re: treats for potty training

• candy: single M'n'Ms or candy corn (we potty trained around halloween), or single sweet tarts.  LO found it very motivating, and I didn't mind giving her several in a day.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I initially tried stickers but DS couldn't have cared less. So I switched to 1 M&M for pee and 1 Hershey Kiss for poop.

• Loading the player...
  • We use stickers. We made up a calendar and each time DS goes on the potty he gets to put a sticker on the chart for that day. When he reach a certain total or has a "perfect" day, he gets a bigger reward.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just cheer for pee, but give marshmallows for poop.
    IMG_8724 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_8895 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRaeAnt:
    We use stickers. We made up a calendar and each time DS goes on the potty he gets to put a sticker on the chart for that day. When he reach a certain total or has a "perfect" day, he gets a bigger reward.

This is what I am planning. Going to stock up on "big" rewards from the dollar section at Target!  I would love to keep it simple and do candy, but with DD's peanut allergy it makes it more complicated.

• imageRaeAnt:
    We use stickers. We made up a calendar and each time DS goes on the potty he gets to put a sticker on the chart for that day. When he reach a certain total or has a "perfect" day, he gets a bigger reward.

This is what I am planning. Going to stock up on "big" rewards from the dollar section at Target!  I would love to keep it simple and do candy, but with DD's peanut allergy it makes it more complicated.

• We gave 1 m & m for pee and 2 for poop when we potty trained DD.  She didn't need the treat for very long, which apparently is true for food rewards in general...they extinguish pretty quickly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use M&Ms!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used M&Ms. One of the girls in my daughters class uses the orange tic tacs.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made it past my goal I nursed for 1 year and 6 weeks! Im so proud of myself!
  • kegkeg member
    We've been using 1 Jelly Belly per successful trip if they ask, and even then, I generally say after we get dressed, etc and often they forget. :-)
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• The only I found with stickers, because I tried this too with no success, is that she insists on putting the sticker on the chart herself, fine right? Wrong. One sticker leads to two stickers which leads to the whole chart being useless.  If I try to take the stickers away she goes into meltdown mode. 

I am thinking of trying the M&M trick. She loves peanut M&M's, and that would be a treat for her.  She actually needs a bigger treat for peeing in her potty, rather than pooping...pooping she can make it to the toilet, peeing in her diaper just seems so easy for her. Getting very frustrating. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"