July 2012 Moms
Options

**Brown0316**

I just got home & saw you posted a few posts down asking for a small list :-) So here's mine. There's also a post a few posts down w/ 2nd time mom's listing things that are helpful.

BRU will give you a list but I feel it's overwhelming & filled w/ things they just want you to think you need to spend your money on.

Obviously the basics, crib, mattress, sheets, blankets, bottles, diapers, wipes, clothing, towels, baby soap, diaper ointments, ect.

Other then all that here are some things I loved, bought again w/ DS and will buy again this time around & I'll list why.

playtex fridge to go. I used it for breastmilk storage early on, then baby food jar storage if we were out & one of my LO's didn't finish. Now I use it for juice box & string cheese storage when we're at the zoo/park. I think it's like $20.00, it's just compact and I love how the entire unit freezes & I'm not messing w/ ice packs.

Medela steam bags. Take up hardly any space. Each bag can be used 20x's. You can recycle them when done.

first years breast pads seemed the best for me and I also had 1 nipple shield. Sometimes even lannalin cream wasn't as soothing as 1 cool nipple shield for a feeding and it never effected the latch.

gerber prefold cloth diapers used as burp cloths (more absorbant & cover a wider area of your shoulder) :-)

1 dr. browns bottle (they do help with gas)

Everyone I personally know who used avent bottles had leaking problems and the 2 I had were terrible. I used only playtex drop ins or dr. browns.

Register for things you'll need later like spoons, sippy cups, dishes & even a potty (I'll have a recommendation about that in a second) because you'll get a completion discount coupon to get them cheaper.

Onto the potty. I bought this one because a mom of 3 suggested it to me so I'm sharing her very useful advice! https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3638932 This one because it fits in the back of a car or whatever you drive (van in my case) and the cup the child pees into is the perfect size for a freezer storage sized zip lock bag to fit in and wrap around! This means while out at the park (5 min. after getting there) you can let your child pee and then left the cup out and zip lock it shut!!!! So you don't have a chance of having pee spilled in your moving car! (of course if the park is empty I'll dump the pee in the grass, but never when people are around.) You'll also learn to keep a roll of T.P in your car at all times when your child is potty training LOL. :-) Hope this was all helpful. Sorry it took so long. I'm sure a bunch of mom's on here will have tons of great advice. I just wanted to touch on specific products rather then the general groups of things needed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **Brown0316**

• Options

Great tips!  I love that Playtex fridge to go! I'm on it!  Thanks for sharing all these great products!!  they do sound like must haves!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much!! Super helpful! :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your welcome ladies! I also have a diaper rash cream recommendation. DD had a terrible rash, we tried everything BRU had (not kidding). I was about to call the dr. for a prescription and MIL stopped at CVS to talk to the pharmacist on her way home. He told her to use the CVS brand of Diaper rash cream (actually called "diaper rash cream") and to give it 24 hours before calling the pedi. $7 a tube, she picked it up. Cleared up her rash in 1 day! I haven't met a rash yet that Diaper Rash Cream from CVS won't clear up and I've been changing diapers for 3 & 1/2 years now LOL. I always give new moms at baby showers the cvs brand w/ a note explaining why (so they don't think I'm being generic cheap). It's amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"