August 2012 Moms

Told some co-workers..their reaction?

"Was it planned?"  WTH?  First of all, none of your business.  Second, I've been married for 8 years and have an almost 4 year old.  I think I know how baby making works by now. Third, these people know about my T-TTC with my son, so what makes them think I can have an "oops" baby?  Maybe I'm just hormonal, but that was really annoying.
Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Told some co-workers..their reaction?

• I'd totally be annoyed to!

A simple "Congrats!" will do, thank you. :)

Kasia 1 John 4:12
  • I agree. I'd be irritated, as well. I was talking to the nurse when I got my second beta levels and I said, "oh well that's great! I'm so glad they're beautifully high!" She said, "Well, yes if you WANT a baby I guess that's what you want. Ummmmmm.........really?
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am forevever amazed at how intrusive people feel entitled to be when the subject of pregnancy comes up.  Seriously, even the question, "are you trying?" is incredibly personal and frankly, none of anyone else's business.  You are essentially asking someone whether they are having frequent unprotected sex with their partner.  Seriously? 
    Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • I feel like EVERYONE asks this. Most people don't know about this bean but with my last pregnancy friends/family/coworkers/strangers they all asked if it was planned. This time I don't think they will since we had a loss last summer I assume they all know we are trying.

Baby Girl Lennon born sleeping 6-18-11 Baby Boy Anderson born healthy and happy 8-17-12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • It amazes me how many inappropriate comments people make to pregnant people. I actually kept a list when I was pregnant last time. We conceived DD only a couple of weeks after we got married and I was asked the whole pregnancy if I was pregnant at my wedding. Um, no, but so what if I was?  It would be none of your business. 
    Trying for #2! BFP- 7/4/2011 CP- 7/9/2011 (4 weeks, 6 days) BFP- 12/4/2011- Please stick! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageBemyselfandi:
    I agree. I'd be irritated, as well. I was talking to the nurse when I got my second beta levels and I said, "oh well that's great! I'm so glad they're beautifully high!" She said, "Well, yes if you WANT a baby I guess that's what you want. Ummmmmm.........really?

the nurse said this??!! i'm in disbelief. ugh people! i've been asked if this was planned a couple of times. after all the hugs and that. it's mostly when people realize that i will have 2 under 2 and they say- did you plan it that way?? lol

-Glo

First Surro Journey:

BabyFetus Ticker

Proud Mommy to:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate it when people ask me that question. It's very judgemental to me. So sorry you had to deal with idiots!
    ~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • imageKMac570:
    I am forevever amazed at how intrusive people feel entitled to be when the subject of pregnancy comes up.  Seriously, even the question, "are you trying?" is incredibly personal and frankly, none of anyone else's business.  You are essentially asking someone whether they are having frequent unprotected sex with their partner.  Seriously? 

You took the words right out of my mouth! It's personal!

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • Most people know we did IVF, so they know it is planned. Our exercise coach, though, said, "Did you want a baby?" What a stupid answer, sorry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • That is so rude!  I would be really mad if someone had the guts to say that to me.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • It is never okay to ask if a baby was planned, but particularly at work. Who do they think they are? That is so private, and they are rude. Urgh, this makes me so not look forward to announcing.
  • i'm so sorry they were rude Sad its never any fun.  i'm thankfull my co-workes have been supportive.  I don't know what i would do if someone said that to me.
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • I hope you responded with, "excuse me, did you really ask that"?  Why can't people just say congratulations without editorializing.

We have been married for over 4 years and our childlessness was not by choice and my father's first reaction was, "Gee, it sure took you long enough." 

TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • At just over 6 weeks I've had my fair-share of bad reactions too. Idk what's with people, especially family members! Sorry you had to deal with that, it's tough!
  • We've been asked this several times too. DH and I have only been married for 7 months, but have been together for 8 years. So I now respond with "No. I don't know what happen. I guess we forgot how to use birth control after 8 years."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I told my boss last week, a couple weeks earlier than I had originally planned, but there was an issue with leave that needed to be resolved. His first reaction was, are you sure? I just stared at him for a couple of seconds and real slowly said well, I've taken a couple of tests, and I had a doctor's appointment last week, yes I'm sure. I was just shocked that he actually asked me if I was sure, like you know that's something I would just guess as...granted, he's a man who doesn't have any children, and has no plans for any children. But he's worked with enough women over the years to know better. 
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• I've definitely been asked that same question several times! One person even asked if it was an accident! Some people...
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"