Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

How much WCM do you give your LO in a day?

DD has always been petite.  She is starting to creep up on the scale from 3rd percentile up to the 10th percentile as of her 15 month checkup.  In the last month I think she has gained a whole pound which is a lot for her.  She usually only gains 2 pounds from one well baby check up to the next.  I am not really worried, but I dont want her to start gaining too much too fast and then struggle with weight her whole life like I have.  I usually give her two sippy's of milk a day and then I try to give her 1 sippy of water. But she obviously prefers milk, so a lot of times she refuses the water.  What do you guys do and do you think I am giving her too much?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much WCM do you give your LO in a day?

• I don't think that's too much, unless they are some giant sippies.

DS usually gets around 2 cups/16 oz. per day. 

• My bottle transition was a major FAIL, so I'm going to wait a few more weeks and try again, so they still get 2 bottles of WCM a day equaling 16oz. They drink a sippy cup full of water throughout the day.
  • Loading the player...
  • We just had 15 mo appt w/pedi yesterday...she said the new rec is no more than 24oz of WCM per day.  She said anywhere from 12-24oz is what she considers to be an acceptable range.  Obviously I don't know if that would vary depending on if you child is lower percentile...this is what she recommeded for us and DD is 54% for weight and 79% for height so pretty average.

We offer her a sippy of WCM with each meal and then also let her drink a little before bedtime.  She typically drinks maybe 4 or 5oz in a sitting (often less than that)  and she gets water with snacks or whenever she is thirsty.

DUE with Baby #2 on 10/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Pedi told me 4-6 oz of wcm 3 times a day is alright.  If she's thirsty inbetween give her alittle water.

I'm still ebf also.

• We give DD about 24 ounces a day, which she doesn't always drink. If your DD is still only in the 10th percentile, I don't think you need to be worried at all about her becoming overweight. I would not be restricting any calories. If milk is what she wants then let her have it.

• DS has around 16  - 24 oz a day and he's still tiny - 3rd percentile in weight.

The Nest/Bump sucks and won't let me change my location. I'm in Arkansas, not Florida.
  • my dd hates milk. not sure how i'm going to even get her to drink a few sips - let alone a whole sippy. ;(

-Glo

First Surro Journey:

BabyFetus Ticker

Proud Mommy to:

• I offer 16 oz and he usually drinks around 12 or so but sometimes polishes it all off.  He's int the 25th percentile for weight and has been since he was around a year old.

image image
  • Ok, thanks ladies.  I guess i am just worried for nothing.  She would drink a whole sippy of milk in an hour if I let her.  The only sippy she will drink out of is the one with the straw and likes to keep it in her mouth hanging from her teeth and walk around playing like that.  I have to really fight with her to get it out of her mouth to try to keep her from drinking too much before meal time.

• Our pedi said 20-24 floz a day. We are trying to wean off the bottle and C is not appreciating the sippy so much, so he will not drink all of what we give him.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• I don't measure eactly anymore but I would guess he's getting 15-20oz/day.  Basically, he gets a sippy with each meal and sometimes with his afternoon snack if he didn't drink much and breakfast/lunch.
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My lo gets 2-3 (12-18 oz) a day
  • That doesnt sound like much at all.  DD has a sippy of milk with each meal and one at bedtime.  So probably somewhere in the 24-30oz a day range.  She also has a sippy of water available to her pretty much at all times.
  • LO is in the 1-3 percentile and I give her a sippy at each mealtime but not usually in between. She probably only takes about 10 oz a day but I'll give her more if she's interested. 10 oz of milk is only about 200 calories and I think they're supposed to have about 1000 a day so it's doubtful it would cause overly rapid weight gain. I also don't think you should restrict.

IMO what caused weight gain later in life is when children don't get to regulate their own eating- being force fed or deprived. 

• 16oz.; two 8oz. cups a day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"