August 2012 Moms

Babymoon timing?

My FI and I have actually never been away together, together very short time. But, I'm so miserable lately and he's so cold, LOL, that we want to do a 'babymoon.'

Between the exhaustion, back pain and nausea now and the big belly to come, when does everyone think a good time to go?

I would love to do a cruise as that would not require much activity as opposed to going to New Orleans, Miami, NYC (his suggestions as we could transfer timeshare there).

The only 'suck' factor is that we are supposed to be on a really strict budget and we are renting from my mom so I have a feeling she's going to be upset if she's 'helping' us out with slightly lower rent and we go on a cruise but I'll handle her, LOL.

In any case, timing suggestions, ladies? Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Babymoon timing?

• I would have wanted to go during second tri. We currently have a cruise planned for when I'll be 20 weeks, but we're going to cancel it because we're buying a house in a month, and we'll need to save the money for furniture and whatnot.

Usually, the cut off for cruises is 24 weeks.

Have you been on a cruise? I'd say that they have more activity than just going to one place. Maybe I'm just comparing my own vacations, but when we've gone to just one place, we've just lounged around and relaxed. When we've gone on cruises, it's a lot of walking. You walk to the restaurants, you walk to the shows, you walk around the ports. Of course there are lots of ways to relax on a cruise, but I tend to get a lot more blisters when I'm on cruises than on other vacations, which makes me feel like there's a lot more walking. just my two cents...

whatever you do, have fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would love to go on one, but our only time off is April. I dint think I'll be allowed to fly then:(
  • Loading the player...
  • We are going to Hawaii end of April/early May. hope I won't be too far along!
    BFP #3 11/27/11, EDD 8/3/12 BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 8/1/11, Natural MC 8/12/11 6 weeks
    BFP #2 9/25/11, Natural MC 10/3/11 6 weeks

• imageReilly626:
    I would love to go on one, but our only time off is April. I dint think I'll be allowed to fly then:(

All airlines are different, but I think most allow you fly up to week 35 or 36 (with a doctors note).  So if my math is right, you should be okay to fly.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are going to Tulum, Mexico in the middle of March, when I will be 17 weeks pg ( god willing) .  I work at a university and that's when I have my spring vacation.  We may also go away for a few days in June or July to get away from the oppressive Arizona heat. 

TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Part of the reason I dont think I will be able to fly will be my size with twins and who knows how comfortable I will be.Tongue Tied
  • We're going to London and Paris the week leading up to Easter. I'll be 19 weeks.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• imageBabe2C:
    We are going to Hawaii end of April/early May. hope I won't be too far along!

We had planned to do our Hawaii honeymoon for our one year anniversary late May.  However being 6 months pregnant is not my idea of a fun honeymoon.  We will go for our 3 year anniversary (unless more kiddos are on their way!)

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would say your 2nd trimester is your best bet. Usually, you are done being sick by then but no so huge you'll just be miserable the whole time. With my DD, we traveled when I was 27 weeks and it was great. This time around we are going to Hawaii and I will be 14 weeks - unfortunately I will probably still be more beer-gut than cute baby bump then but it'll still be fun!! :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I would say between 17 weeks (if you have had light m/s) & 26 weeks. I felt like a new person during that time & was quite pleasent before I got too large to do simple tasks (ie: tie shoes) or the consistent peeing started back up again and any swelling hit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did a lot of traveling with DD. Vegas at 12 weeks felt fine NYC at 19 weeks for my 30th. Did a ton of walking and felt pretty good. Scottsdale at 23 weeks for our babymoon. Felt great very relaxing trip. Hawaii at 29 weeks with ILs. Felt ok for the most part but started getting uncomfortable towards the end of the trip. I think we are going to try to do Scottsdale again in April.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagemelko4886:

Usually, the cut off for cruises is 24 weeks.

Have you been on a cruise? I'd say that they have more activity than just going to one place. Maybe I'm just comparing my own vacations, but when we've gone to just one place, we've just lounged around and relaxed. When we've gone on cruises, it's a lot of walking. You walk to the restaurants, you walk to the shows, you walk around the ports. Of course there are lots of ways to relax on a cruise, but I tend to get a lot more blisters when I'm on cruises than on other vacations, which makes me feel like there's a lot more walking. just my two cents...

whatever you do, have fun!

This! I definitely do more on a cruise then on a regular vacay. If you want to do beach, Puerto Rico is very nice, you can relax, swim, and shop. 

My DH and I are going on a cruise at about 19weeks, it was supposed to be our Honeymoon but it's turned into a babymoon. 

First Baby image BabyFruit Ticker
  • hubby and i didn't travel with our first pregnancy. we had a weekend in dallas, which is an hour away.

we planned our vacation in may before we got pg. but it will work out perfectly, i'll be 6 months - the m/s will be gone (fingers crossed) and i won't be quite as ginormous (also fingers crossed). we're going on a cruise and are pretty excited about it. i agree with previous posters, i find a cruise has more walking than a resort type place. but it's fun. and it's cheap! its like going to an all-inclusive place. you just have to worry about drinks and extra stuff.

whichever way - have fun!

-Glo

First Surro Journey:

BabyFetus Ticker

Proud Mommy to:

• With my first pregnancy, the hubby and I went hiking and camping in Rocky Mountain National Park when i was 24/25 weeks. It was perfect timing, I was feeling good, I had my energy back, and was in that "cute pregnant" stage (where I actually looked pregnant instead of like I had just spent too much time at the buffet).

The looks and comments I got from people on the hiking trails were hilarious, though. In the middle of an 6 mile hike, we ran into a couple who looked like they were in their mid 60s. The woman took one look at my belly and exclaimed, "WHAT in the world are you doing HERE?" As if I'd be going into labor any second. I wanted to reply with a snarky comment, but instead just smiled and replied, "Enjoying the beautiful scenery."

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We're doing a cruise in February when I'll be about 16 weeks - we planned it early and wanted to make sure that it was after the first trimester in case I was feeling bad (thankfully NO M/S though!).  I love cruises, and we planned this one because there is so much to do other than drinking and partying which is what happens at most all-inclusive resorts.  :)  I'll enjoy being lazy by the pool and beaches we visit, plus can eat almost non-stop haha!  Enjoy whatever vacation you choose, and you should spoil yourself even though you're busy saving (aren't we all?).  This is the last chance to go on a vacation before the baby comes!
  • imagegoyachula:

hubby and i didn't travel with our first pregnancy. we had a weekend in dallas, which is an hour away.

we planned our vacation in may before we got pg. but it will work out perfectly, i'll be 6 months - the m/s will be gone (fingers crossed) and i won't be quite as ginormous (also fingers crossed). we're going on a cruise and are pretty excited about it. i agree with previous posters, i find a cruise has more walking than a resort type place. but it's fun. and it's cheap! its like going to an all-inclusive place. you just have to worry about drinks and extra stuff.

whichever way - have fun!

How many weeks will you be? Have you checked with your cruise line? 

I know that Carnival and Royal Caribean both will deny you boarding if you will be 24 weeks or further at the time your cruise is over.  And you must have a form from your doctor. 

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• DH and I are going on a vacation to FL with my family around 22 weeks.
  • I'm going on my very first cruise on January 29th. This was planned as a relaxing trip to get my mind off of TTC. Well, as it turned out I got pregnant first! I am very excited, but very nervous since I have been so sick. Luckily, I just had some Zofran prescribed. (I'll start the trip 10w1d come back 11w1d)
  • The hubby, my parents, and my sister and her bf are all going to Hawaii in mid-May. I'll be about 26-27 weeks at that time.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"