July 2012 Moms

britax b-agile vs. baby jogger city mini

Hi ladies, I'm starting to look at strollers and these two caught my eye. I'm looking for something sturdy and easy to maneuver in city sidewalks but not to heavy to carry up and down from a 3rd floor walkup every time we go out. Do any of you have experience with either of these? I would probably get the car seat attachment too, space is tight in my apt. So I don't think I want to get a bassinett attachment, not to mention the additional cost involved. I have had carpal tunnel problems for years so im hoping to find something that is.easy to steer without being hard on the wrists. TIA!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: britax b-agile vs. baby jogger city mini

• I don't have any experience with the Britax stroller, but LOVE LOVE LOVE my City Mini.  If you haven't already, watch the demonstration video(s) on YouTube (might be on the Baby Jogger website, too).  It shows how easy the stroller is to use.  It's our only stroller - great for all-terrain walks as well as for shopping (haven't had any problems fitting between racks).  It's got a one-handed fold, folds flat (fits easily in trunk), it's super light, and turns on a dime.

Seriously, I walk my very-excited-to-go-on-walks 80-lb yellow Lab and push the stroller at the same time and can easily maneuver the stroller with one hand when the dog starts pulling on the leash.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Um, so I just googled the B-Agile b/c I've never seen it.  It's like they made it identical to the City Mini, lol.  Seems to have the exact same features at about the same price? Interesting!  The only difference I see off the bat is that the City Mini has 2 "sunroofs" (depending on how far you have the canopy stretched out), whereas it looks like the B-Agile has 1.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • If you want the city mini right now the 2011 is on sale. A lot of stores are chelate in store. The 2012 model is coming out and they need to clear out the 2011 stock!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Love love love my city mini so easy to fold up and push.  not great for carseats i've heard. I am getting the baby jogger city select this time around
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just spent the weekend with my 2 year old in NYC, staying in my friend's 1st floor walk-up. All I can tell you is get the LIGHTEST stroller you can find, if you're going to be carrying it up and down the stairs several times a day. My UppaBaby G-Lite was perfect because it was a carrying strap on the back, so I could fold it, sling it over my shoulder and still carry my 2 year old. It's an umbrella stroller, so maybe not what you're looking for. But it's one of the lightest strollers out there and was about as much as I could manage between my bags, kid and other crap up and down the stairs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also, you should invest in some good carriers. Get a Beco or Ergo, or something similar. Maybe a Moby Wrap to start with.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • OMG. I was comparing these two this morning and was thinking of posting the same thing.
  • Love love love the city mini!

I should say though, if you are planning on having another anywhere close to this baby, I would go with the city select, it is a little heavier, but expandable for baby #2 and easy to maneaver.. etc... GL!

• I'm deciding between going with the sale city mini 2011 model or if the upgrades are worth the price of the baby jogger city mini 2012 model.  What do you think?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"