3rd Trimester

A hospital gift for DH: Thought I'd share!

I've included the link at the bottom to the blog where they have the example, it was displayed on pinterest and I thought it was the sweetest thing. It's a gift basket with all dad's stuff so they know they're loved and thought about too!

My DH has been pretty awesome through this whole pregnancy and I was looking for a way to show my appreciation and followed this example. I didn't have a way to transport or hide a basket as they show (and I'd then have to lug it home) so I packed it in an overnight bag in my hospital suitcase. I snagged all his favorite snacks, drinks, candy, chewing gum, a men's magazine he loves, travel sized body and face wipes, a greeting card with a personal note, and I'm making the "52 things I love about you" on an old deck of cards. They say to pack snacks anyway, which I will separate of this, these items are "just for him" stuff...

Anywho, thought it was a sweet idea and wanted to share. Stick out tongue

https://www.thedatingdivas.com/uncategorized/guest-blogger-the-crafting-chicks/

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: A hospital gift for DH: Thought I'd share!

• Maybe I'm just b!tchy today lol, but part of me thinks this is adorable and the other part of me thinks I'm pushing a baby out of my vag, so he doesn't need any other gift lol. But I do think its cute. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSheenaNash1:
    Maybe I'm just b!tchy today lol, but part of me thinks this is adorable and the other part of me thinks I'm pushing a baby out of my vag, so he doesn't need any other gift lol. But I do think its cute. :)

lol I totally understand, but I also don't expect to be the nicest person in labor. Hopefully this will make up for some of the sailor talk that will come from my mouth. If he goes in thinking I'm a sweet wife I can get away with that much more....

• Loading the player...
  • And I was just going to get choco cigars-haha! Guess it would be nice to give him something more:) well besides a baby
    Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!
  • I love it!  Thanks so much for sharing.  I will def. be putting a basket together for him - it'll be a great thank you for all the foot/back rubs he's been dealing out these past months.
    Psalm 127:3 Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. (NLT)
  • imageSheenaNash1:
    Maybe I'm just b!tchy today lol, but part of me thinks this is adorable and the other part of me thinks I'm pushing a baby out of my vag, so he doesn't need any other gift lol. But I do think its cute. :)

This is me too! I love DH, he's great 99% of the time, and part of me is like, ah nice idea. Another part is like...uh hello I carried this thing around 9 months and I'll be popping it out where's my special basket?!!

• imageLesleyjking:
    And I was just going to get choco cigars-haha! Guess it would be nice to give him something more:) well besides a baby

I have to find those!! I forgot all about them! Ha!

imagejackiea82:
    I love it!  Thanks so much for sharing.  I will def. be putting a basket together for him - it'll be a great thank you for all the foot/back rubs he's been dealing out these past months.

That's what I thought too... the poor man wakes up with me most of the times I have to get up to pee every night, has dealt with mood swings and tears, has read every baby book I've handed him (I think he knows more than I do!), tagged along to all the classes, and he's a FTD so he's nervous too! I know I'll be getting all the love and attention at the hospital (until baby arrives, then HE gets all the love and attention) so I wanted DH to feel special. *insert hokey Brady Bunch music here*

Okay, I can stop the cheesiness now.... 

• imagegreengirl0909:

imageSheenaNash1:

This is me too! I love DH, he's great 99% of the time, and part of me is like, ah nice idea. Another part is like...uh hello I carried this thing around 9 months and I'll be popping it out where's my special basket?!!

I think our special hospital basket would include things like pads, mesh undies, adult diapers, hemmie cream, a stiz bath, etc. :/ Not as cute lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Awww.... I think this is really sweet. Thanks for sharing!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love it. I packed DH all his own snacks and toiletries when I had DD and he loved having his own stuff.  He waited on me hand and foot in the hospital so I was glad to have stuff to keep his energy leave up too.  I'm doing it again this time!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I honestly think that if I brought DH a gift at the hospital and he didn't bring me one, he'd just feel really bad. And unless I say, "Hey, bring me a gift," I won't know that he got me one. (And telling him to bring me a gift just sounds greedy.) So I'll probably skip the gift.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He should make me a freakin basket.  I'm swollen, covered in stretch marks, can barely walk etc. etc. He will be lucky if I pack him some change for the vending machine lol.  Really, I love him more than anything, but sorry honey.

• I am getting my husband this really nice nixon watch for a present it will be in the hospital bag once I pack.  I like the idea of showing my thanks for him being so wonderful throughout this pregnancy!
  • I think it's a cute idea though I doubt I would go as far as putting notes on everything.  I will probably be packing DH a small basket/bag of snacks and drinks for the hospital - then he can't use the excuse of going to the vending machine to run away!  But DH (and his family) are very food driven people.  When they are hungery, they need to eat or they get moody.  And the last thing I need while in labor is him getting moody because that won't help me at all.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lurking from 2nd trimester. When my son was born, I bought him an awesome t-shirt that said Grateful Dad, (we are Dead fans), slippers for the hopsital as well (had a c-section) and he was sleeping on a pull out chair for 4 nights, a new coffee cup, and a few odd things. He was over the moon with it.

I love the idea of the basket. He was great to me and bought me my boppy, slippers, and new nursing pj's. Not for anything but I must have sent him to babies 'r' us everyday for the first two weeks. He was my errand boy for awhile especailly after a c-section, it was the least I can do.

I know I was not always the most agreeable and happy pregnant women :) I will do something small again this time.

• I asked DH what he's getting me for valentines day (our due date!) and he said a baby. I said thanks, so I have to push that gift out myself. So I really think DH's gift, is his daughter. Happy Valentines Day to us! lol
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• I love this, and I may be hormonal but it is so so sweet. I know my DH will be super happy with our baby girl, but he will be sleeping on the uncomfortable couch, he has given up spending time with his friends because I have been super needy about spending our last 8 weeks together alone before baby gets here, he massages my feet and back almost every day, goes to the grocery store for me all the time, did the whole nursery while I complained, and now has been helping me maintain my blood sugars since being diagnosed with GD. He's amazing and will be an amazing dad to DD. I agree that all the attention seems to have been on me while I have started to show and will be on me again while I am in labor and then it will be on her, he deserves a little extra too. Even to just remind him how important and still loved he is by me, when my time and mind are now pre-occupied with the baby. 

DX PCOS in 2000 TTC since April 2010 DX Hypothyroidism 6/2010 Referred to RE 9/2010.

BFP in June 2011, DD born in 2012

Joined the baby train again 8/2013. First month, out due to re-diganosis of Hashimotos.

Sept 2013, 2.5 letrozole and trigger, low progestrone and using supplements = BFN.

Oct 2013 2.5 Letrozole, trigger, and IUI = low progestrone (8.9, using supplements) and BFP 11/6 Beta 26.9, Beta 2 @ 30, Beta 3 @ 25.3, Beta 4 @ 25.2 CP 5w1d

Nov 2013: ? waiting on AF

• I really like this idea! I'll have to plan a little ahead to get it done (because who knows REALLY when the baby is going to make his appearance). Definitely will be using this idea though! Thanks for sharing
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagene14pez:
    I love this, and I may be hormonal but it is so so sweet. I know my DH will be super happy with our baby girl, but he will be sleeping on the uncomfortable couch, he has given up spending time with his friends because I have been super needy about spending our last 8 weeks together alone before baby gets here, he massages my feet and back almost every day, goes to the grocery store for me all the time, did the whole nursery while I complained, and now has been helping me maintain my blood sugars since being diagnosed with GD. He's amazing and will be an amazing dad to DD. I agree that all the attention seems to have been on me while I have started to show and will be on me again while I am in labor and then it will be on her, he deserves a little extra too. Even to just remind him how important and still loved he is by me, when my time and mind are now pre-occupied with the baby. 

Exactly this! My DH is pretty great but he's been simply AMAZING during my pregnancy. While we're both getting the awesome gift if having a baby, I think it'd be nice to go the extra mile like he's done for me. Thanks for sharing!! 

TTC #1 12.2009 BFP #1 7.2.2011 Baby Girl 3.17.2012
    Cycle 11 - Clomid 100mg + Follistim + hCg trigger + IUI= BFP!
    Beta/P4 #1(13dpo): 94.5/47, Beta/P4 #2 (17dpo): 625/19.5, Beta/P4 #3 (19dpo): 1285/18.2
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP Chart
  • I like this idea!  He really has been amazing this whole pregnancy and I should make sure he knows I appreciate it so that he makes just as much effort when I'm pregnant with our next!  :)
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Such a nice gift, so throughtful and so awesome! I now want to do the same for my hubby - he's been amazing throughout this whole process. Nice idea! Thanks for sharing!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • In theory it's a great idea.

Just make sure there's room in your vehicle along with the kitchen sink.

IMO, it's just an extra thing to do on a To-Do list that won't get completely done anyway...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebrideofscowboy:

In theory it's a great idea.

Just make sure there's room in your vehicle along with the kitchen sink.

IMO, it's just an extra thing to do on a To-Do list that won't get completely done anyway...

lol no worries; to each their own! I was just sharing an idea. Everyone's relationship with their SO is different, I for one know my husband would LOVE this. If you feel differently, no problem! That's what makes the world go round.

Just a quick note though.... it took me maybe 5 minutes to pick out snacks, a magazine, and a card (I did this instead of putting notes on everything) at the grocery store, where I already was buying groceries. I haven't finished the 52 things yet, and if I don't, it's extra (like the cute t shirt idea). I literally stuck it in a bag in the top of my suitcase, for a total of about $10 and almost no effort.

:D

• imageSheenaNash1:

I love this! 

• THANK U for sharing! This is such a cute idea...! I'm gonna get started on mine!

• This is a lovely idea. I've heard that dads can feel like a "third wheel" for the first few weeks, since mom is doing all the bf-ing, so it will be nice to remind DH that he's still my #1.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's nice because it's the last thing of the sort he'll be getting for a long time, and hopefully when he's changing nappies at 3am for the next few months, and pacing the floor at night for months beyond that he'll still think fondly of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"