Breastfeeding

zoloft=tanking supply?

I've been taking Zoloft for about a week. My supply has absolutely gone out the window. DS had been eating every 1-2 hours for 3 days. He had been going 3-4 hours. I've tried pumping, tea, and oatmeal. Is there any connection between Zoloft and supply issues?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Pregnancy tickers"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" -Mary Oliver

Re: zoloft=tanking supply?

• Are you drinking enough water?  I know Zoloft gives me dry mouth, and I have to drink ridiculous amounts, plus the heat!

I personally haven't had an issue with supply related to Zoloft, but I know stress can make it drop, too.  He may just be going through a growth spurt, but you can try power pumping this weekend to get the supply up.

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• Some women experience different kinds of zoloft side effects. Your decrease in supply might be the same thing. Just ask your doctor about it and see what you can do to resolve it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"