July 2012 Moms

Freakonomics

Freakonomics has a list of names along with the average amount of years the mother was educated.  Has anyone read this book?

Names used by mothers who had an average of 15 years or more (meaning they went to college):
Adelaide, Alessandra, Amalia, Annabel, Anne, Britt, Campbell, Cate, Cordelia, Deniz, Ekaterina, Ella, Ellen, Emma, Franziska, Grace, Gwyneth, Ilana, Isabel, Jane, Jemma, Kate, Kimia, Liesl, Linden, Madeline, Margaret, Matisse, Mara, Maya, Meredith, Naseem, Olive, Phoebe, Portia, Quinn, Rosalind, Sayeh, Shira, Sophie, Talia, Veronique, Yael, Zoe

12 years or less (meaning they did not go to college, or they dropped out of high school):
Amber, Angelina, Ashley, Autumn, Aziza, Beatriz, Belinda, Betty, Breanna, Brittany, Cammie, Chastity, Cherokee, Cierra, Crimson, Cynthia, Darlene, Dawn, December, Denise, Desiree, Destiny, Diamond, Elizabethann, Frankie, Geraldine, Jacquelin, Janet, Joyce, Katelynne, Kayla, Lacy, Ladonna, Lexus, Linda, Lizbeth, Meadow, Micheala, Patience, Phyllis, Precious, Rachell, Rikki, Ronnie, Selma, September, Shayla, Shirley, Skylynn, Stevie, Storm, Sunshine, Svetlana, Tabitha, Tia, Trinity, Vanessa, Venus

Re: Freakonomics

• LOL! I love that book. Madeline is our name if the baby is a girl, and I have a master's degree. That's funny. I read the book years ago!!! I'll have to pull it out to look for boy names.
    Due date July 22, 2012!! WAHOO!!! I've been married since Sept 18, 2010 and love married life! BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That book is great.  The follow up book was okay.  That chapter on names only solidifies my decision to stick with "normal" names.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I love that.  and find it to be true...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love that book.  My favorite part is when they predict the "popular" names for 2020 or whatever year into the future.  It'll be interesting to see if they're correct!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ha! My name is Michaela and I have a master's degree!
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • Freakonomics came out awhile ago. I wonder what the list would be now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"