Toddlers: 24 Months+

2year old birthday gift (girl)

I have no clue what to get DD for her birthday.  I had something picked a month ago but for the life of me cannot remember it now so I'm sure it wasn't that important.

DD already has a table, kitchen, clothes, books, toys, dolls, puzzles, blocks, a Vtech Mobigo.  This kid wants for nothing Lol!  Yet....... I still need a gift.  Any ideas?

Re: 2year old birthday gift (girl)

• we got her a shopping cart but then she got one for Xmas from grandpa so we got her a drum. she loves them both.
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD favorite birthday gifts were strollers (2), a doll carrier (like an infant seat), a doll pack n play, and a doll high chair.

Really, a bunch of her gifts are in the closet upstairs.  I never give her all her gifts at once, I store them for when I "need" a gift/aka  something to distract her :)

Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Loading the player...
  • imagebethCT:

DD favorite birthday gifts were strollers (2), a doll carrier (like an infant seat), a doll pack n play, and a doll high chair.

Really, a bunch of her gifts are in the closet upstairs.  I never give her all her gifts at once, I store them for when I "need" a gift/aka  something to distract her :)

• imagebethCT:

DD favorite birthday gifts were strollers (2), a doll carrier (like an infant seat), a doll pack n play, and a doll high chair.

OMG I'm so glad you posted!  This was one of the gifts that I couldn't remember!  Doll stuff!  DD is OBSESSED with her baby dolls and caring for them!  Whew!  And on the distractions....... I totally understand.  I've thought about doing that myself. ;)

• The previous suggestions are all good. DD is also really into dress-up clothes, especially things she can put on herself. We have a plastic crown, feather boas, hats, cowboy boots, and she loves her rainboots. She has a few "princess" dresses, but she can't get them on by herself so they get played with less.

imageimage
  • DD LOVED a huge pad of white paper that she got with markers for her 2nd b-day. It was a big hit.

Also, definitely the doll stuff! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We're getting DD her big girl bed for her birthday coming up. It's time to move her and especially so close to christmas where she got lots of toys, it makes the most sense. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD LOVED her doodle pad, and the fact that she can erase what she drew over and over. She draws on it every day. she loves it :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got DD the loving family dollhouse for xmas and she loves that..What about a tricycle does your DD have one of those?   Other things my DD is really into right now are her aquadoodle & skip hop backback ( she loves to put everything into it and take it out, and repeat a million times, lol ). 

• Maybe a new swimsuit and towel, and sign her up for swim lessons?  Or gymnastics?  A class of some sort?

On a certain level I am struggling with this, too. DD has so many toys, so much clothes, books, etc., that things are still in boxes from Christmas.  She hasn't played with some of the things that she got, and her room is overwhelming with the amount of "stuff."  Like PP's have said, DD loves taking care of her baby dolls. She spends a lot of time caring for them in their beds, wearing a diaper bag, etc.  So, I am moving many of the other toys to the basement.  If it were her birthday coming up I would definitely be in your boat.  And, so I have been trying to think of creative things to get her so that we don't have toy overload in our house, but still have gifts to open.

Sorry this got long-winded! HTH.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • WOW!  Everyone had such good ideas!  Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"