Babies: 3 - 6 Months

EBF & STTN?

How many breast fed babies are sleeping through the night?Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: EBF & STTN?

• Mine was, but that changed last weekSad  He will be 4 months old on the 19th.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DS is EBF and sleeps from 8:30pm to 5:00am, eats quickly and then sleeps until 8:00am. Now to get him to drop that 5:00am feeding.....

• Loading the player...
  • Mine fairly consistently (~5 nights/week) sleeps 10-12 hours. On those nights when she does wake up, she does not need to be fed just soothed back to sleep. She started this about 3 weeks ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Mine was too around 3 months, then around 4 months he stopped. He is getting longer stretches again (except for last night of course) but is capable of now doing 9 hours (7-4) when he feels like it lol. Did STTN once last week but we had been traveling and he was drinking bottles that day, so not sure if he got extra milk or was just tuckered out.

• not mine. Like others, he was closer to STTN back around Thanksgiving. Now...not so much. Lately I don't seem to get more than 3 hours at a time out of him. 
  • EBF and has STTN since week 5. Last night it was 10:30pm to 6:30am, ate and then back to sleep until 8:30am. *ducks the rotten tomatoes* 

• most nights DD eats at 8pm, is asleep by 8:30pm and wakes up either at 6:15am (when I have to work) or 7am (when I am not working). 

I end up putting her pacifier back in her mouth a few times throughout the night when she starts wiggling around or wimpering, but she doesn't usually wake up all the way. 

With that said, we have had a few bad nights here and there. 

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• Definitely not. Until last week, he would sleep ~8pm to either 2 or 4 am, then back to bed till 7:45 or 8am. Now he is waking up like crazy. At least 2x to eat, and other times because of his hands.

It seems like everyone is having more wakeups around this point. My question is....for everyone who had an increase in wakeups, when did it start to get better again? Did you do anything or did they jsut change on their own?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagefish606:

Mine was, but that changed last weekSad  He will be 4 months old on the 19th.

Me too, exactly, down to the date!

He was sleeping from around 7-3, and then up at 5 or 5:30 (we're up for work then).

He now likes to wake up at 11, 2 or 3, and 4:30 or 5.

Mommy is exhausted.

• We do most of the time but the holidays really threw us off schedule so we're finally getting back to it. He was going 8 hours straight consistently at about 3 months, then with the holidays he'd be up once or twice during the night, now last night he's back to 8 hours again. Fingers crossed that it sticks!
  • P slept 8-10 hours a night from 6 weeks to 4 months.

Last night she was up every 1-2 hours from 8pm-6am. Funnnnnn.

• We were doing really good up until the day DS turned 4 months, then he needed his paci put back in every 1-2 hours at night. We decided to put him to sleep at night without his paci over the Christmas break and now he doesn't wake up a million times! Yay! Took a couple nights for him not to fuss initially but now it's working. I was exhausted for most of December. :)
  • Not in the least.  We had one 6 hour stretch and maybe 2-3 5 hour stretches in the last month but starting last week we were back to most 2-3 hours or up every hour so I don't think we're even close.
  • imageXSailoretteX:

EBF and has STTN since week 5. Last night it was 10:30pm to 6:30am, ate and then back to sleep until 8:30am. *ducks the rotten tomatoes* 

C started at 5 weeks and we are getting the same schedule, except she goes down around 8:00 - 9:30. 

• Mine was.  We just switched to all formula though and he's been sleeping great, if not better. 
  • We are EBF and he has been STTN for at least 4-5 weeks (he's 18 weeks, 17 lbs now) He goes anywhere from 7-10 hours his first stretch. We had a rough week last week tho and he was only sleeping 5-6 hr stretches... that seems to be over now. 
  • She's done it. However she was 10 to 9 for a while with a feeding at 4 tp 5. Now since I went to work she is sleeping from 8 to 7 and eating at 230. It isn't bad since she goes right to sleep after eating. She is only 12lbs.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • Mine did, then he caught pneumonia.  After he recovered he began a growth spurt and for over 3 wks was eating every 2 hrs.  He can go about 1/2 way through the night now and on the weekends, I'll sometimes bring him into bed with me so that I can sleep longer. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers Visit The Nest! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not mine!  He STTN once and of course it was on NYE when he stayed at my mom's overnight. 

He sleeps 9-6 and gets up once to eat around 2am.  It's not so bad.

• So jealous of some of you ladies. We usually try to get DS to bed around 7, but it ends up being closer to 8 when he goes to sleep. Then he's usually up around 11, 1:30, 3:30, 5:30, 7:30 to eat. It's been this way pretty much since he was born. Every now and then I'll get a 4 hour stretch and it feels like FOREVER. I'm so exhausted.

Visit my blog about my family's experiments in eco-living
  • Since about 7-8 weeks adjusted age.  Our routine is EBF through the day and a bottle of EBM with their poly-vi-sol right before bed.

ETA:  Don't be too jealous either.  They are typically hellions during the day and evening so they must wear themselves so much that they are exhausted by bed time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"