Baby Names

Sibset with same inital?

We are expecting baby #2, and are going back and forth with our girl names. 

DS#1 is Henry, for a girl we are liking Johanna (it's DH's paternal grandmother's name) but would call her Hanna....is Henry and Hanna to matchy sounding to you?  Our last name is German if it matters. My main dilema with this is *if* we decide to ever have another child, I feel like I'd have to do an "H" name, what's your opinion on this?!

FWIW, our second choice for a girl name is Eleanore, NN- Nora

Re: Sibset with same inital?

• I dont think they are too matchy, and Johanna is a very pretty name !

You never know, you might prefer to call her Johanna instead of Hanna. And no, you wouldnt have to use an "H" name for baby # 3

Good luck :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can relate to your dilemma, and I'm still going back and forth on what to do.  (DS is Joseph and one of our top girl names in Juliana...we are most likely done after this one, but we're not 100% sure about that).  I think in your case though, since the full name begins with a J, you're okay Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • my kids will have names starting with the same initial of "c" - no big whoop.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No big deal to me. I'm drawn to A names for girls. I don't have an issue with same initials for siblings. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I really, really dislike Johanna. I'm impervious to the NN Hanna, because I wouldn't use Johanna in the first place. 

I absolutely LOVE Eleanor, but would spell it without the "e" you've added, because I think it's unnecessary.  

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like Johanna. I don't think you'd have to go with an "h" name for baby 3. 

I lean toward "E" names myself 

• I've been thinking the same thing. I have Clara and Caleb. But I already know if we had another child, their name would not begin with a 'C'.
  • Hmm... I think that if it was me, I would also feel inclined to use another "H" name for a third child. I like the sibset Henry and Hanna, though. I think it sounds very cute. My brother and I are both E's.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD is Josephine (Joey) and DS1 is Jacob.  It wasn't my intention to give them both J names, it just happened.  Now that DS2 is on the way, I get comments about sticking with a J theme (think Duggar comments, lol) But we've picked something else.

I love both Henry and Johanna and adore Hanna as a nickname.

• Unless you have plans for the names Harriett, Hoss, Helen, Hilda etc. then I will not judge.  They don't sound matchy.  Yes

• well since her name would be johanna i think you're fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you name her Johanna then she and Henry will have names that start with different letters which should take the pressure off naming number 3 with an "h" name.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not too matchy at all, since her legal name wouldn't start with an H. For the same reason, I wouldn't feel compelled to find an H name for a possible #3 kiddo either.

I love Johanna/nn Hanna.

I love Nora, too, but only as a stand alone name. I'm not a fan of Eleanore.

BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • imagejolynn326:

Not too matchy at all, since her legal name wouldn't start with an H. For the same reason, I wouldn't feel compelled to find an H name for a possible #3 kiddo either.

I love Johanna/nn Hanna.

I love Nora, too, but only as a stand alone name. I'm not a fan of Eleanore.

This!

But if you DID have a third child and it was a girl, you could name her Helena! I like that name. Big Smile

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"