3rd Trimester
Options

Difference between bloody show and mucous plug?

I was reading in "What to Expect..." that bloody show means labor will likely happen within 24-48 hours, but passage of mucous plug doesn't mean much as far as predicting when labor might start.  It doesn't really describe the difference, though.  This morning I had what I would describe as discharge tinged with brownish blood (sorry to be so descriptive).   I've had a little brown spotting and very mild menstrual-like cramping  all day.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Difference between bloody show and mucous plug?

• Options
    That sounds like a "bloody show" to me. When I had mine the first time it was more pink/red than brown but I've heard brown counts too. My water broke about 12 hrs. after that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My bloody show was very red and mucousy, and I was in labor a few hours after that. Could be your MP, or it could be your bloody show.
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Seems to me if its colored or bloody it is more of a bloody show... Like the major parts of your MP coming out.

I have only had excess mucous without any blood or discoloration, so am assuming I am not going into labor tonight.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"