2nd Trimester

Spotting

Has anyone experienced some spotting during there 2nd trimester?

I've had some light spotting, and I'm not entirely sure if I should be running to the ER right away. No cramping or pain is present, and I have an appointment scheduled with my DR in 3 days.  

Re: Spotting

• Since it's a weekend and you can't call tomorrow, I'd call your doctor's after-hours exchange line and talk to the doctor on call.

If you don't have the number, you should be able to call the office number and get it from their after-hours phone recording.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a streak of bright red blood a couple weeks ago. That was all I had. I had been doing a lot of heavy cleaning. I called the doc. in the morning and they said just to take it easy and if it started again heavier to call them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Jolin1282..I had the same thing a couple of days ago but haven't had anything since did you have anymore spotting once you took it easy? I went to doctor's and baby was moving and was fine but still nerve racking.
  • I had some heavy spotting just into my second trimester. This also happened 2 days after I was in a car accident. I had to wait over the weekend to go to the doctor but my baby was fine and the doctor just said it was really bad timing. She said that some women will spot throughout their pregnancy, which I have been now. If it is brownish-red that is old blood which is better than bright red. I had no cramping either. I hope everything is ok, I spent the entire weekend freaking out, so I am not going to tell you not to worry. Good luck with your pregnancy.
  • imageBrittP10:
    What color is it? Did you have sex recently? I sometimes have brown spotting after sex, which is totally normal. If it is bright red I would suggest calling your doctor just to see what they think!

This.  I went to the Doctor Tuesday for spotting.  They said it was probably from having sex (the night before) and put me on pelvic rest until my next appointment.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No, that's all I had. Scared me to death, but nothing else since then. I have been more careful about over-doing it. I have a doppler and have been checking everyday, all seems well.

• Thank you all for the advise. It was a streak of raspberry colored blood. and nothilng today until mid afternoon. Another smaller streak. I haven't had sex recently, now I'm too scared to even try. My Dr. doesn't have an after hours #, I will just take it very easy till Monday when I have my appointment. It seems to only occur if I've been active and running back and forth with errands for several hours. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"