LGBT Parenting
Options

How do/did you tell your SO that you miscarried?

I know that there is already a post on miscarriage but how did/do you tell your significant other that you miscarried?

Re: How do/did you tell your SO that you miscarried?

• Options

Just sit down and tell her. You need her to be there for you as much as she needs you to be there for her. Believe, she will want to be there for you.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    she knew it was coming both times, we found out I was going to miscarry at the RE's office so we were prepared. well, as prepared as you can be in these situations. I agree with N2A, just sit down and tell her--and the sooner the better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it's you, so sorry for your loss.  I m/c at 6 wk ultrasound before the seahorse came along and had to go through a full waiting room of huge happy pregnant ladies and all their kids. so sad.  I vowed to go only to the ultrasound places they do for wrist sprains and such from then on.  Best of luck to you.  See the m/c sections on the bump.  very helpful. 
  • Options

imagebluedaisyus:
    she knew it was coming both times, we found out I was going to miscarry at the RE's office so we were prepared. well, as prepared as you can be in these situations. I agree with N2A, just sit down and tell her--and the sooner the better.

This. We found out at an ultrasound. But, definitely sit her down and tell her. 

I'm sorry. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Options
    I am so accoustomed to giving my DW the play by play, that it was natural that I called her the second I started bleeding. I was surprised at how difficult it was for me to tell other people - like my dr who teared up when I finally got a positive test. Anyway, as hard as this is for you, you will feel best when you have your SO by your side. Sorry for your loss and good luck for your next try.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"