TTC After a Loss
Options

New to this thread.

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself and our situation. First my husband and I got pregnant for the first time in Oct (our second month off the pill). We went in at 6wks and no heart beat on Nov 15th. Nov. 17th hcg levels were at 15,800ish. Started bleeding Nov. 27th (hcg was 14,800ish) lost tissue the 29th. I kept bleeding til about Dec. 11th. Since its a military hospital they havent tested my hcg levels since. I have been tracking my cervical mucus and Im pretty sure I O'd on or around the weekend Dec. 16. Can that even happen? My docs never really told us what would happen afterwards. They told us we should wait for 6 months before TTC again. I dont think that is necessary at all. Can someone explain when I should have O'd? Thanks.

Re: New to this thread.

• Options
    imagehrg21:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself and our situation. First my husband and I got pregnant for the first time in Oct (our second month off the pill). We went in at 6wks and no heart beat on Nov 15th. Nov. 17th hcg levels were at 15,800ish. Started bleeding Nov. 27th (hcg was 14,800ish) lost tissue the 29th. I kept bleeding til about Dec. 11th. Since its a military hospital they havent tested my hcg levels since. I have been tracking my cervical mucus and Im pretty sure I O'd on or around the weekend Dec. 16. Can that even happen? My docs never really told us what would happen afterwards. They told us we should wait for 6 months before TTC again. I dont think that is necessary at all. Can someone explain when I should have O'd? Thanks.

Welcome to the board, and I am sorry for your loss. I can't really help you with when you could have O'd, but I can suggest charting your temps as well as CM. Also, I'd go by whatever advice your doctor gives, and I think most of the ladies here would agree. If your doctor says wait, you should wait. GL with everything.

• Options
    sorry for your loss. and i agree with mrsnorry- i would stick with your doctor's advice on waiting. but it might give you piece of mind if you just ask why they said to wait so long. usual waiting time they might recommend is about 3 months, although everyone is different. ask them why said longer for you. again, sorry to hear about your loss. but welcome to the board.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

First I'm sorry for your loss and welcome to the board. 

Everyone's body is different after a loss. I'm gonna go ahead and say it at the risk of sounding snarky.. the whole not wanting to listen to your doctor doesn't go over well here. You should always take your doctor's advice. If you don't like what they say get a 2nd opinion. I would rather wait 6 months and have a healthy pregnancy then risk it and if I have another loss always wonder if I caused it by not waiting.

Also you may want to ask to have your levels tested down to zero. And of course, you should probably try charting. Fertilityfriend.com is user friendly. That is more accurate at pinpointing your O then just CM. Hope that helps.

• Options
    imageVeganlady:

Welcome and I'm also very sorry for your loss. It's entirely possible that you did O. I managed 16 days after my MC bleeding started. However, some women go for months without ovulating. So as far as when you "should" O, there's no pat answer.

Did your doc give you any specific reason for the 6 month wait? It does seem like an awfully long time, but there may be a medical reason for it. Can you follow up and ask more questions? Or see a different doc who can communicate with you better?

I hope you get some good answers soon.

This.  I'm very for your loss, you will find a lot of support here. 

BFP#1 - 09/12/11, EDD 5/18/12 - Stopped growing at 6w3d, m/c induced 10/14/11
    BFP#2 - 04/01/12, EDD 12/12/12, Arrived 12/4/12!!
    BFP#3 - 12/31/13, EDD 09/10/14 - Grow baby, grow!

• Options
    Welcome, I'm sorry you've found yourself here, but I hope you find comfort and support.
  • Options
    imageTA110980:
    imageVeganlady:

Welcome and I'm also very sorry for your loss. It's entirely possible that you did O. I managed 16 days after my MC bleeding started. However, some women go for months without ovulating. So as far as when you "should" O, there's no pat answer.

Did your doc give you any specific reason for the 6 month wait? It does seem like an awfully long time, but there may be a medical reason for it. Can you follow up and ask more questions? Or see a different doc who can communicate with you better?

I hope you get some good answers soon.

This.  I'm very for your loss, you will find a lot of support here. 

This again. Sorry that circumstances have brought you here, but welcome!

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the board.  I would definitely get your HCG levels tested again to make sure they continue to drop.  I use Fertility Friend and track using my temp and OPKs.  It's possible you ovulated.  I ovulated two weeks after my D&C.  I would follow your doctor's advice for how long you should wait to TTC.  Most doctors recommend three months, but you could always talk to your doctor again and see why they recommended you wait longer, there could be a reason for it.  **Hugs**
  • Options
    All of the previous posters gave you the same answers I would have. I just wanted to say that I'm very sorry for your loss, and I'm glad you found this board. {hugs}
    It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • Options
    I don't have advice, but wanted to tell you I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board, I hope your stay is short!
    BFP #1 (m/c at 9 weeks, 11/11) BFP #2 (DS, 12/11/12) BFP #3 (EDD 10/8/14)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Welcome to the board. I am very sorry for your loss...

Regarding whether you O'd or not, it's very hard to tell unless you charted since fertile CM can show up at different times of your cycle. Losses in particular play havoc on our bodies. I normally have a 25-28 day cycle O'ing around CD14 and my first cycle post m/c I didn't O until CD35 and my cycle lasted 53 days.
    Have you taken a HPT? That would tell you whether your HCG levels have gotten close to zero. Some women O during their first cycle after a m/c and some don't O until after they've gotten AF again. I'm assuming you still haven't gotten AF, right?

As far as your 6-month wait, did the doctor do a pathology report? The only people I've known who've been told to TTA for 6 months have had molar pregnancies and have to have their HCG monitored regularly. Since you aren't having your HCG monitored regular this obviously is not the case so I have no idea why your doctor gave such a long TTA period. Can you call in or make an appt to go in and ask? 

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. ((hugs))
    Married my best friend May 24, 2008
    BFP #1 9/1/11, EDD 5/15/12, Missed M/C at 9w4d, discovered at 11w3d, D&C 11/2/11
    BFP #2 6/20/12, Baby Boy born 3/2/13
    BFP #3 October 2016, EDD 6/11/17
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"