1st Trimester

Help and advice needed

Hello all,

My husband and I have been married for 5 years and recently started talking about having children. He was ready to start trying, but I was a little hesitant and felt like I wanted to wait another year. We decided to switch over to condoms as our primary method of birth control and I stopped taking my pill. Well I recently found out I was pregnant and I was pretty shocked even though I know condoms aren't 100% effective.

Here is where I really need help though. My husband admitted the other night that he had been tampering with the condoms in order to get me pregnant. I am so hurt and shocked and feel betrayed! How could he do that to me? We are supposed to be a partnership and make these decisions together, but he thought that if I got pregnant now I would realize that I really didn't want to wait that year. I honestly don't know what to do. I am living in the guest room right now because I can't stand to be near him. 

What would you do? Any advice is appreciated. 

Re: Help and advice needed

• Not sure what I would do but some counseling might not be a bad idea. GL!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would start counseling immediately! Take DH with you. This is not something to take lightly or to push to the back of your mind and try to get over. Call places today to see when you can both get in together.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Counseling is fine. But that can't change what he did. Can you move past that?
  • I don't know if I can move past it. What I really want to do is get rid of it to spite him, but I don't think I could ever do that.
  • I agree are you going to able to accept what he did? Or will you constantly be resenting him and/or the baby? 

I in no way agree with his tactics, I think a baby needs to be a joint decision - especially if you are the one having to carry a baby. But I don't necessarily think your husband did it to be mean or hurt you. 

Biggest thing though is the communication and trust that has been destroyed - counseling may help, maybe he'll learn his lesson but I'm sure it'll take time.

Sorry and gl. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• If my H did that to me, I don't think I could forgive. This is a huge thing and he tricked you. My SIL did that to get a guy to marry her. I think its low. Your H sounds like an azzhole to me.
  • Speaking professionally (I'm a marriage and family therapist), I would highly recommend you both go in to see a therapist together.  Based on your statements alone, you have been manipulated and deceived by your husband.  This is absolutely not something that should be easily discarded or swept under the rug.

I know nothing of your back story or your history as a couple but if this is a pattern of his (lying, manipulation, etc), then there is high chance he will continue these behaviors if they are not addressed and worked on as a couple.  It might even be helpful for him to have individual therapy in addition to marital therapy.  

GL to you and your DH.  I hope you are both able to work this out.   

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• imagebabyike:

Speaking professionally (I'm a marriage and family therapist), I would highly recommend you both go in to see a therapist together.  Based on your statements alone, you have been manipulated and deceived by your husband.  This is absolutely not something that should be easily discarded or swept under the rug.

I know nothing of your back story or your history as a couple but if this is a pattern of his (lying, manipulation, etc), then there is high chance he will continue these behaviors if they are not addressed and worked on as a couple.  It might even be helpful for him to have individual therapy in addition to marital therapy.  

Thanks. He might not admit it, but I know the reason he did this because I had an affair last year that resulted in a pregnancy. He may say he has forgiven me, but I know he is doing this as a way to spite me. 

• The two of you should definitely seek marriage counseling. This incident will most likely lead to serious resentment, deep trust issues, and conflict if it's not handled appropriately. Assuming you choose to have/keep this child, those are issues that will only get even worse and compromise your ability to parent effectively together, and compromise your child's sense of security and safety in his/her family.

This by no means has to be a fatal blow to your marriage. By working hard on your communication, trust, values and goal setting, etc. I'm positive you guys can overcome this in a way that puts you on a more solid ground than ever before. But, your DH is going to have to come to understand what he did and why, and work hard to overcome his own issues. A quality marriage counselor should be able to help.

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• 1. This sounds like MUD

2. If not, get yourselves to counseling stat. Deception and an affair do not seem like a fortuitous start to a new baby's life...

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • imageWendalinD:
    imagebabyike:

Speaking professionally (I'm a marriage and family therapist), I would highly recommend you both go in to see a therapist together.  Based on your statements alone, you have been manipulated and deceived by your husband.  This is absolutely not something that should be easily discarded or swept under the rug.

Thanks. He might not admit it, but I know the reason he did this because I had an affair last year that resulted in a pregnancy. He may say he has forgiven me, but I know he is doing this as a way to spite me. 

Soooo......what happened to that baby??
  • I call bs
  • imageWendalinD:
    imagebabyike:

This is precisely what I was referring to when I said, "I know nothing of your back story or your history as a couple..."  If your statements are true, then you have a choice to make:  Either get counseling/professional help, or get out of the relationship. 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• imageImThisBabysMom:
    imageWendalinD:
    imagebabyike:

Good question

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • imageImThisBabysMom:
    imageWendalinD:
    imagebabyike:

I had an abortion then too. My husband said he couldn't raise a child that wasn't his.

I wish it were bs. People make mistakes and I really didn't realize that he was so upset about it still.

• Counselling ASAP. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. He completely betrayed you and made a life-altering decision without regard for your wishes. That lack of trust or consideration for you is very alarming.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• imageWendalinD:
    imageImThisBabysMom:
    imageWendalinD:

I had an abortion then too. My husband said he couldn't raise a child that wasn't his.

I wish it were bs. People make mistakes and I really didn't realize that he was so upset about it still.

Having an affair causes serious damage to the betrayed spouse. The effects of that can last a very, very long time -- especially if the situation is not handled properly.

I'd suggest you both read "Not 'Just Friends'" by Dr. Shirley Glass. And I'd also recommend you both get joint and individual counseling. Both your affair and his deception are issues that need to be resolved carefully and fully, or they will continue to have damaging effects on each of you and your marriage (and even future relationships, if you split up).

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• wow, a tough situation to be in. Definitely talking about it with an expert that can guide you both to working this out might be the best solution. The best of luck to you.
  • imageWendalinD:

Hello all,

My husband and I have been married for 5 years and recently started talking about having children. He was ready to start trying, but I was a little hesitant and felt like I wanted to wait another year. We decided to switch over to condoms as our primary method of birth control and I stopped taking my pill. Well I recently found out I was pregnant and I was pretty shocked even though I know condoms aren't 100% effective.

Here is where I really need help though. My husband admitted the other night that he had been tampering with the condoms in order to get me pregnant. I am so hurt and shocked and feel betrayed! How could he do that to me? We are supposed to be a partnership and make these decisions together, but he thought that if I got pregnant now I would realize that I really didn't want to wait that year. I honestly don't know what to do. I am living in the guest room right now because I can't stand to be near him. 

What would you do? Any advice is appreciated. 

DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • I would get into counseling ASAP. I would be LIVID if MH did that
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Indifferent
    Formerly **eco**4k posts down the sh*tter Chart
  • I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I would deffinatly get into counseling together and seperatly. Good luck with what ever you decide.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

• Oh my God. Your poor baby. This makes me so sad. What you did last year, now how your husband deceived you in such a cruel way... and this innocent baby's life is on the line because of two selfish, immature as$holes who seem to stay together in order to repeatedly hurt each other. I usually don't get so emotional over random posts and people's drama, but this situation breaks my heart. ETA - I'm pro-choice, too. But WOW your situation really tests the limits of my stance in that position.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• imagedani2480:
    imageWendalinD:
    imageImThisBabysMom:
    imageWendalinD:

Having an affair causes serious damage to the betrayed spouse. The effects of that can last a very, very long time -- especially if the situation is not handled properly.

I'd suggest you both read "Not 'Just Friends'" by Dr. Shirley Glass. And I'd also recommend you both get joint and individual counseling. Both your affair and his deception are issues that need to be resolved carefully and fully, or they will continue to have damaging effects on each of you and your marriage (and even future relationships, if you split up).

I agree 100%

• Screw counseling....divorce his shady ass.  And shame on you for getting KU by some other man while married.  Both you two are winners.
  • You're both fvcked
  • imagerobinsokj:
    You're both fvcked

yup

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• imageWendalinD:
    imagebabyike:

I believed your story until you added this.

now I call mud

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• imageHappyAardvark:
    Oh my God. Your poor baby. This makes me so sad. What you did last year, now how your husband deceived you in such a cruel way... and this innocent baby's life is on the line because of two selfish, immature as$holes who seem to stay together in order to repeatedly hurt each other. I usually don't get so emotional over random posts and people's drama, but this situation breaks my heart. ETA - I'm pro-choice, too. But WOW your situation really tests the limits of my stance in that position.

and in the event that its actually true.. I agree with pretty much all of this. WHY the would your H think that causing you to get pregnant would be some way of getting back at you?!? now a poor child is going to be brought up in a screwed up household and was never REALLY wanted (for the right reasons) in the first place

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• imageHappyAardvark:
    Oh my God. Your poor baby. This makes me so sad. What you did last year, now how your husband deceived you in such a cruel way... and this innocent baby's life is on the line because of two selfish, immature as$holes who seem to stay together in order to repeatedly hurt each other. I usually don't get so emotional over random posts and people's drama, but this situation breaks my heart. ETA - I'm pro-choice, too. But WOW your situation really tests the limits of my stance in that position.

YesYes

• I don't understand how this post, which is probably fake, could possibly change someone's stance on abortion
  • imagerobinsokj:
    I don't understand how this post, which is probably fake, could possibly change someone's stance on abortion

If anything, she strengthens my pro-choice stance.

She -doesn't- need children.

• imageoverture:

imagerobinsokj:
    I don't understand how this post, which is probably fake, could possibly change someone's stance on abortion

If anything, she strengthens my pro-choice stance.

She -doesn't- need children.

Oddly enough, it brings out my "pro-life" side. Just the fact that she would take a baby's life because she and her husband are idiots, its beyond comprehension. As someone who waited 7 years for a baby to come along, I'm sure there's a mommy-in-waiting on the TTC board who would be more than happy to give this baby a better home than this screwed up OP would. 

Married: 10.28.2004 BFP 1: 2006, m/c 5 weeks BFP 2: 2008, m/c 10 weeks BFP 3: 2009, m/c 6 weeks BFP 4: July 15, 2011 Welcome Parker! Feb. 19, 2012 image
  • imagerobinsokj:

My stance remains the same.. pro choice

but this woman seems to be using abortion as birth control and that is something I don't agree with

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• imageT&HLove:

imagerobinsokj:

but this woman seems to be using abortion as birth control and that is something I don't agree with

I don't understand why using abortions as bc should matter to anyone. Not your uterus
  • imagerobinsokj:
    imageT&HLove:

imagerobinsokj:

I don't understand why using abortions as bc should matter to anyone. Not your uterus

honestly, I don't have a good reason. just doesn't seem right to me. 

and I don't understand why abortion in general matters to anyone.. not their uterus. not their baby. but it still does Huh?

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• imageT&HLove:
    imagerobinsokj:
    imageT&HLove:

imagerobinsokj:

honestly, I don't have a good reason. just doesn't seem right to me. 

and I don't understand why abortion in general matters to anyone.. not their uterus. not their baby. but it still does Huh?

I kind of agree with both arguments.  I'm extremely pro-choice, however, I think it's irresponsible to use abortions as birth control instead of, well, birth control. 

That said, it's a woman's choice as to what she does with her own body and, like robinsokj said, really none of my business.

TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • If you use abortions as bc I'll probably judge you, but why someone gets an abortion or not really doesn't matter as far as the whole choice debate goes, imo
  • imagerobinsokj:
    If you use abortions as bc I'll probably judge you, but why someone gets an abortion or not really doesn't matter as far as the whole choice debate goes, imo

I completely agree. 

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I can't think of a better punishment for women that use abortion as birth control than having the kid! That sounds like a great situation for everyone! /sarcasm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"