Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Sleep crying

It is so sad! I know he is ok but he sounds so distraught and upset, yet he is sound asleep. Sometimes he will do it for 20 minutes straight...sobbing, sniffling, moaning.....it's heartwrenching but i don't dare wake him!

Anyone else's LO do this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleep crying

• Babies actually can have night terrors.  You are doing the right thing by not waking him.  Rest assured he won't remember them.  Hugs! 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I can't find the link but I have read about sleep cries, my DS does it too. The website I found described it to a T, lasting a short period of time, comes from out of nowhere, seems as though they are in pain. You are right to not go in, but the site I found suggested it was from being overtired. I lost my battle with early bedtime over the holidays, but when I tried 15 minutes earlier previously it seemed to stop. Good luck :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I am dealing with this too! Its heartbreaking.. And it keeps us all up on edge.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep! It sounds like her little heart is breaking but she won't wake up.
  • I co sleep so I always pull lo close and she stops
  • My LO will do this for naps sometimes. When she is so overtired I can't get her in the crib, the swing, nothing. So I hold her, rock her and she just cries for about 15-20 min with her eyes closed shut. After a while I just pick her up out of my arms to kinda snap her out of it, she opens her eyes and smiles. It's like she just took a power nap and she is ready to go. I do not understand.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • How do you know he's not awake?  I'm wondering if my son is doing this too, because sometimes his eyes are closed when we check on him...
  • imagejaymiegerard:
    How do you know he's not awake?  I'm wondering if my son is doing this too, because sometimes his eyes are closed when we check on him...

For us we know because we used to go in and sometimes we would actually wake him up thinking he wanted his paci or something... until I read about sleep cries and it sounded spot on, now we wait and it stops in like 2-5 mins for us, and is as if nothing happened.

• imagejaymiegerard:
    How do you know he's not awake?  I'm wondering if my son is doing this too, because sometimes his eyes are closed when we check on him...

I just know. I can tell by looking at him. He is totally asleep and dreaming. I have stood over him and watched him and he is definitely not awake.

• I wonder too about night terrors...my guy bed shares bc he has breathing issues (apnea) and I can feel him breathe next to me. Last few months or so he is sleeping and starts breathing fast (like panting) and then has this horrible look on his face and starts crying and wakes himself up after this. I talked to the pulmonologist abt it and he said it was "probably" just him refluxing :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"