3rd Trimester

contractions stopped... so disapointed

So yesterday I posted that I saw my doc and I am 4cm, 80% effaced.  I had contractions on and off all day.  I went to bed and my contractions stopped all together.  I am pumping today to see if that will help things going again.  But I am so confused as to why this would happen at this point.  Shouldn't I be in full blown labor?
Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: contractions stopped... so disapointed

• One would think so huh? I was 3cm and at least 80% two days ago. . .that day I had a ton of contractions, yesterday very few. . .some started a bit ago so I am timing them, but hopefully you and I will go into labor soon lol
  • That sucks. Your body is doing something though, and hopefully it will help you when you do go into full blown labor. Good luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the same thing happening to me a week ago.I was 3 cm completely thinned (whatever that means) with timbale contractions that died down.They did come back a bit over Christmas, but they weren't strong enough.

I'm so antsy, going bunkers...I want to meet my LO so badly! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • with DS I got contractions one day consistently up to 10 min apart and then they stopped when I went to bed.  I didn't actually go into labor until days later.  Your body will go when it is ready and that is the most frustrating thing ever!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know...  it's SO frustrating that there's not a clear-cut way to know if you're in labor or not.  I wish my water would just break or something so I could know for sure!  There should be a 4th Trimester board Smile.

Good luck to you all!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It sucks but that's why many people choose not to be checked.  I was 3-4 CM and 80% from 37 weeks on last time.  DS was born via induction at 42 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine were 3 min apart for about 7 hours on Tuesday and then just stopped.  I had my normal appt that day and the ob hooked me up to a monitor and watched them for a while, sent me home to labor and expected to see me back later that night and the stupid things just stopped.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am a labor and delivery nurse, and this my first baby. I now realize the disappointment patient's go thru, when they come to the hospital in false labor. I have been going thru this all week, I can't wait to see my baby face. Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"